I don't need you

I guess I'll have to do it the hard way then.

Two days, that's how long i've been avoiding being alone. I'm scared that if I'm alone for just a second Calvin is gonna appear out of nowhere. It's hardest when I'm going home, I've resorted to running the whole way.

Leaving the classroom I'm stopped by my English teacher
"Erica can I see you for a moment?" she says as I watch the rest of the class leave
"Erm, sure I guess." I nod nervously
"I'm concerned-" she sighs crossing her arms "You seem on edge lately, is everything ok?"
"Yea, everythings fine."
"You know you're welcome to talk about anything." she continues obviously trying to get me to talk to her. What is with teachers obsessions with wanted to know their students business?
"There's nothing to talk about."
"Well if you're sure-"
"I am, thank you for the concern but I'm fine."
"If you're not comfortable talking about it with me then maybe-"
"Like I said, there's nothing to talk about. Is it ok if I leave now?"
She nods, I mumble a 'thanks' and swiftly head out the classroom and down the surprisingly almost empty hallway I rush to my locker grabbing what I need.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder I turn around letting out an uncontrollably scream.
"Ow!" Joe winces pressing his hand on his ear
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I say covering my mouth
"It's ok, I'm sure the ringing will stop." he said opening and closing his mouth as if it's going to help
"What are you doing sneaking up behind me anyway?"
"I wanted to see if you were ok." he explained suddenly looking concerned
"Why wouldn't I be?" I shrugged
"I don't know its just you seem a little different."
"I'm fine, really"
"Ok, I know better then to argue with you." he sighed then turned to leave, I glanced to the side briefly shocked to see Calvin leaning on the lockers further down the corridor. How the fuck does he track me down so quickly?! At least give me a chance.
"Joe wait!" I shout closing my locker and rushing up to him "What are you doing today?" I ask secretly hoping he can give me a ride home.
"Erm, well I'm about to meet up with my brother." he shrugged continuing to walk, me walking alongside.
"Oh." I nod a little disappointed "He's in town?" I ask quickly so he doesn't suspect any
"Yea, just for the week then he's gotta head back to college."
We both continued walking in what I can only describe as a comfortable silence, just as we reached the steps outside the school Joe turns to face me.
"Are you sure, everything is ok? You don't wanna talk about anything?"
"N-" I stop myself, I might as well tell him. Maybe he can help, I mean he wants to help so I should let him right? "Actually-well, there is something-"
"JOE!" I'm cut off by Ryan signally Joe over to his group of friends by their cars. Joe gives them a 'one minute' signal then looks at me again.
"Sorry about that, what were you gonna say?"
"You know what, never mind."
"Erica tell me, please." he said almost begging
"No really, it's nothing I can't handle myself. You better go, your friends are waiting." I insist
"You sure?"
"Yes!" I laugh "Just go." I fake a smile, fingers crossed he believes me.
"Ok, well I'll see you around." he gives me a partial wave before going down the steps and over to where his friends were waiting.

***

Glancing behind me for the millionth time as I continue walking down the quiet street. I'm not normally this eager to get home but under the circumstances I can't wait to get there, I'm not even gonna go to the cliffs just incase Calvin is following me and finds out about it.
"How long do you really think you can avoid me for?" A voice from says, scary the crap out of me. Quickly looking around, Calvin is walking right along side me. How the fuck did he-
I go to run but he grabs my arm pulling me back.
"Let go of me!" I shout
"Look I'm not going to hurt you." he says only slightly raising his voice
"Why do I have a hard time believing that." I continue to struggle from his grip, failing miserably.
He pulls me closer to him running his other hand down my arm "I can be gentle, you just have to let me."
"Why can't you just let me go?" I say failing to hide the fear in my voice.
"Because I can't, you're in my head all the time." he said his tone become more frustrated then intimating.
"Since when?"
"Since you kissed me. In a way you only have yourself to blame, your kiss triggered me off." he said his thumbs tracing circles on my arms
"Oh really, last time I checked I didn't kiss you the first time you tried to have sex with me."
"I was drunk.." he shrugged
"You think that makes it ok? Being drunk isn't an excuse." I shout. Tearing my eyes off him for a few seconds I take a deep breath "If you let me go I'm willing to forget any of this happened."
"What part of 'I can't' don't you understand." he mutters, his grip on my arms tightening.
"Do you think i'm an idiot? I know that if I let you do it once you're just gonna keep coming back."
"I guess I'll have to do it the hard way then."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the long wait. I'm also sorry if there are any typos in the chapter.