I don't need you

People do crazy things for those they care about

"Can we just go please" I beg Joe as we approach my house

"You need to get your stuff." he said lightly nudging me forward

"I can't go back in there." I mumbled stepping backwards, Joe placed his hands on my arms to stop me

"This is why I'm with you, you'll be fine."

"I don't have my key."

Joe let out a huff and reached out to knock on the door but I quickly stop him "I have another idea." I sighed, knowing I don't have any other option I pull him in the direction of the back of the house. Once we reached the drainpipe nearest to my bedroom window I stop "Just stand there and catch me if I fall." I said getting ready to climb up but Joe grabs my arm to stop me

"Are you kidding? I'm not letting you climb up that thing, I'll do it."

"If wont support your weight, and if you fall I can't catch you."

He let out a sigh pushing his hand over his short hair "Ok fine. Just be careful."

"Give me a boost."

Joe bent his knee and placed his hands over it so I could position myself "Ready?"
I nod and he raises my up, I tightly grip onto the pipe, I can still feel his hands on the top of my legs while I try and find somewhere to place my feet.

"Put your foot on the bracket." he said his voice straining as he tries to keep me up

"The what?"

"The bracket."

"What the hell is a bracket?"

"The plastic thing that attaches the pipe to the wall."

I try to look for one close enough to put my foot onto but Joe places my foot on it for me. "Thank you." I sighed before pulling myself upwards.

Finally reaching the level of my window I reach out to slide the window up which is a lot harder then I anticipated.
"Be careful" Joe winced obviously thinking I'm stupid enough to fall

"I'm being careful." I muttered through my teeth, after a couple more attempts I finally get the window to open slightly, I take another deep breath and gathered enough energy to push it up the whole way. I laugh in disbelief that I actually succeeded, I probably look crazy from Joe's view right now.

Getting inside the room I fumbled briefly to regain my balance, I don't bother to look outside I just get straight to packing what I can.
Once my bag is full I go back to the window to throw it down to Joe but I can't see him.
"Joe!" I loudly whispered "Joe!"

Hearing a sudden crash from downstairs I quickly spin around, reluctant to go downstairs I bite my lip, after a few seconds I grab my packed bag and rush out the room and downstairs shocked to see Allen on the floor broken furniture around him and Joe drawing his arm back to punch him.

"Joe what are you doing!" I scream dropping my bag and trying to pull him away.

"If you ever touch her again i'll kill you." he shouted to Allen, completely ignoring me

"Joe!" I grab hold of his face and turn it to look at me "Stop it."

"I'm not going to let him get away with what he did to you." he said his eyes almost completely dilated. I glanced down at Allen and I could tell that he was conscious but only just. I drop my hands from Joe's face

"He didn't do it." I said my voice only just audible, not saying anything Joe just stares at me his breathing slowly starting to get back to normal. I pick up my bag from the floor and leave the house.

Just as I get outside I'm spun round by Joe "What do you mean he didn't do it? You said you couldn't go back home because he attacked you."

"No you said that. All I said was that I couldn't go back." Joe continues staring at me, I roll my eyes at him "He threw me out ok. He found out I was planning on going to college and he threw me out of the house."

"So who attacked you?"

"I don't want to talk about this right now." I said walking away from him

"Don't do that! Don't you dare do that Erica! Do not open up to me and then shut me out again." he shouted

"I'm not shutting you out." I shout back not even looking back at him

"Then tell me who it was!"
Ignoring the question I continue walking back to his car thankfully it's unlocked so I threw my bag into the back and got straight inside.

Once Joe got into the drivers seat we sat in silence, you could cut the tension with a knife it's almost unbearable. "I'm not moving this car until you tell me."
Again I ignore Joe and press my forehead against the cold window of the door. "Erica- Erica will you just tell me!" he shouts tugging on my arm until I look at him.

"It was Calvin ok!" I suddenly yell back "Calvin raped me. He did it 3 fucking times!" Joe looks at me in shock both at my outburst and what I was saying "Can we go now." I mutter resting my head back against the window. Not saying a word Joe starts the car and begins driving.

******

"Will you stop staring at me!" I snap at Joe. He's been staring at me for about 15 minutes while i've sat on the bed in the guest room. He hasn't said anything since my outburst in the car and just keeps staring at me.

"I just- I can't believe you didn't tell me." he finally speaks not taking his eyes off me for a second

"I wanted to tell you but when I tried to, something happened to stop me and then you weren't talking to me so I couldn't." I explained, Joe stood up and he began pacing the room.

"Three times... he did it three times!" he said his voice suddenly angry "I'm gonna kill him, I'm actually going to kill him."

"No you're not." I mutter resting my head on the wall behind me

"Are you trying to protect him? After what he did to you-"

"I'm not protecting him, I just know you well enough to know that you wouldn't do that. That's not who you are."

"Yea well people do crazy things for those they care about." he said as he left the room closing the door behind him.
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I would go after him but he's clearly angry and needs to vent...... but what if he does something stupid?