I don't need you

"Please don't let him touch me"

Sitting at the table alone I continue shredding the napkin in my hand, I let out a sigh when Joe suddenly appears in the seat next to me.

"Are you going to dance with me now?"

"Five more minutes?"

"You said that half an hour ago. Come on you don't wanna be one of those people that never danced at their own prom."

"Ok, fine." I said as he took hold of my hand and guided me onto the dance floor, looking around I automatically notice that everyone is dancing with a partner.... trust Joe to get me to dance on a slow song. Trying to decide where to place my hands Joe laughs and takes control, placing my hands on the back of his neck and his on my lower back.

"Relax I wont bite." he smiled

"Sorry." I smiled weakly as I loosened my shoulder, swaying to the music.

"I know I said this when you got the dress but you look beautiful Erica."

"You're only saying that because you're my friend." Yea that's right people I said friend!

"Well I probably shouldn't be saying that, because I'm your friend." he sighed

"What's that supposed to mean?" I sniggered

"Nothing." he said shaking his head "So.. are you glad you came?"

"I guess." I shrugged

"You guess, what do you mean you guess?"

"Well, I just thought that i'd enjoy myself more. You know?"

"You would be enjoying yourself more if you hadn't been sitting at the table the whole time." he laughed

"Yea I guess that's true."

Me and Joe continue dancing in silence for a couple of seconds before I realise that i've actually gotten closer to him, and i don't mean emotionally I mean physically. My body is almost in contact with his, I look up at him and he's staring right back at me.

"Joe" I whisper as his face slowly comes closer to mine

"Yea" he answered getting even closer

Oh my god, we're about to kiss. I can't believe this is happening, do I want this to happen? I don't even know, it's not like we haven't kissed before I mean he did kiss me when I was trying to trick him into thinking I was interested in him, but this is different...... this kiss would actually mean something.

"Can you get me a drink" I suddenly blurt out just as his lips are about to make contact with mine. His breath hits my face as he lets out a sigh, then pulls away from me nervously.

"Er, yea sure." he nods then walks away from me.

Walking from the dance floor I rub my forehead in frustration. I can't believe I just did that, I pretty much ruined what could have been a -dare I say it- magical moment. Just as I reach my table to sit down glance up across the room my eyes landing of the one person I never wanted to see, Calvin. The worse part of this is that he's staring right back me, smirking and raising his drink at me with raised eyebrows. I have to get out of here, I turn around running straight into Joe causing him to spill the drink he's carrying, thankfully on nether of our outfits.

"Joe can we leave now?"

"What? Why?"

"I just really want to go."

"Is something wrong? Is it because of what happen while we were dancing be-"

"No it's not that, really. I just want to leave now."

"Ok." he nods and we both head for the exit.

Just as we get to the hallway I suddenly get that feeling that I'm about to be sick "Joe I just need to go to the bathroom."

"Alright, well I wait for you outside."

I quickly nod rushing towards the toilets.

Once I get inside I slam the cubical door shut and empty what I can only assume is my entire stomach content. I never would have thought that Calvin would make me physically sick, yes he's made me feel sick but this was the first time I was actually vomiting because of him. I hate it, I hate him.

Gasping for air I left the cubical heading for the sink to rinse out my mouth. Looking up at myself in the mirror all I can do is wonder why Calvin chose me. He managed to leave me alone the whole of my school life and then suddenly because of one party he decides that I'm his target. I just don't get it.

Leaving the bathroom I look down at my dress to make sure I didn't get any vomit on it, just as I turn to head down the hallway a hand goes over my mouth, I'm pulled backwards and pushed against the lockers.

"I did say that Joe should keep a close eye on you tonight." Calvin said keeping his hand over my mouth, I stare back at him wide eyed not sure of what to do. "I wasn't sure of what to expect when you'd get here, I knew you were going to be here after all.... but I didn't think you'd show up in this little number." he smirked looking down at the red dress I was wearing my eyes shot down as I felt his free hand graze the bottom of my thigh where my dress ended. His grip on me against the wall tightened as I try to struggle away, I scream through his hand but I'm sure no one is going to hear.

"Will you just stop." he sighed bring his hand from my leg to the strand of hair that had come loose and tucked it behind my ear. "You know I saw you and Joe. About to kiss, and I also saw you stop him. So I can only assume this means you're not really interested in him, am I right?"

"Go to hell" I shout but my words are muffled in his hand

"Nope, didn't get any of that." he shrugged "But anyway seeing as you're not into him then obviously you're using him for protection...... from me." he paused looking over my face briefly "You should probably find someone else because he's not doing a very good job."

I look away from him as he leans in a little closer lightly kissing me on the forehead. I flinched and squeeze my eyes shut as he pressed me harder against the wall, but they quickly open again as I hear the distant sound of laughter, I know Calvin heard it too because he momentarily drops his guard to look down the hallway. Seeing this as my opportunity I kick him as hard as I can in the leg before kneeing him in the groin. He keels over in pain giving me the chance to run away.

As I run as fast as I can in my heels I glance behind me to see if he's running after me. Reaching the main exit I push the door open and rush down the steps.

I look back again as I run further from the doors causing me to stumble forward and fall onto the concrete of the parking lot. Just as try and catch my breath and push myself up and hand lands on my shoulder.

"Joe!" I scream suddenly, he's gotta be close enough to hear me

"Erica! Erica it's me! Look, look it's me." Joe says turning my head to look at him, my eyes only look at him for a second before they land back at the doors of the school "Erica, what's wrong?"

Ignoring his question I scramble backwards at the sight of Calvin bursting through the door "Joe get him away from me! Don't let him touch me, please don't let him touch me!" I scream as Joe tries to help me onto my feet. He looks back finally spotting Calvin

"Erica get in the car." he mutters not looking back at me, I can tell he's angry so I do as I'm told and stagger to his car and get into the passenger seat. I don't watch what happens between the two but I can hear them, I can hear the punches being thrown and it suddenly goes silent but I still can't bear to see who has won. I hold my breath at the sound of approaching footsteps and look up as the passenger door swings open revealing Joe. I don't say anything I just tightly hug him letting my remaining tears fall. Unfortunately my eyes land straight on Calvin's body as he lays on the ground
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left =[

BTW- Calvin isn't dead he's just unconscious.