I don't need you

Fancy seeing you here

Feeling the rain start to lightly fall I lifted my hood and dug my hands further into my pockets.
"Are you sure you don't want a rid home?" A voice called out, looking to the side I was shocked to see Joe in his car driving alongside me.
"What part of no don't you understand?" I said making sure I didn't stop walking
"Well I was going this way and I saw you so I figured I'd try again."
"Well give up, because I'm not getting in your car."
"Just let me drive you home, or wherever it is your going."
"You want to drive to my house, fine. Take the next left then go straight ahead. It's the last house on the right."
I quickly crossed the street and ran into the park before Joe could follow me, the last thing I need is him finding out where I go after school everyday.
Before you think that running into the park means that I'm staying here, I'm not. But cutting through is a shortcut to the cliffs where I like to sit and look out onto the ocean.

*****

The only downside to sitting here is the wind, it's stronger when your on a cliff. Tucking my hair behind my ear I pulling my hood further forward, looking at my watch I only just realized that i've been sitting here for over 2 hours. I lose track of time when I'm here, mainly because I just think about anything and everything.
Well I guess I better be heading back before Allen gets even more pissed at the fact I'm late.

*

"Where have you been?!" Allen yelled the moment I came through the front door
"Detention." I muttered as I started walking up the stairs
"For 2 hours?" he shouted after me
"My teachers' a bitch." I slammed my bedroom door shut and fell backwards onto my bed. It wasn't long before I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs, I braced myself for whatever it was Allen was going to do; most likely it would be more yelling about something or another.
I opened my eyes when my door swung open and before I knew it me and my bed were covered in water.
"What the fuck are you doing?!" I screamed as I jumped up onto my feet.
"Next time your late it's going to be worse." he threatened as he left my room slamming the door behind him. As much as I hate to say this i'd rather be harassed by Joe then spend the rest of my school year in this house.

*******

It was finally the weekend and I was at my second most favorite place, work. I only work on Saturdays at the local bookstore, it's hardly ever busy which is great for me because I'm basically getting payed to sit behind a counter for a few hours. Most people would find it boring but I enjoy thinking to myself or just reading a book.

Hearing the bell that rang whenever the door was opened I looked up and was shocked to see none other then Joe coming in with someone who I'm guessing is his mum.
"Oh crap." I muttered to myself and quickly crouched down behind the counter
"Joseph just look around while I go find someone." I heard her say to him I couldn't make out his response but I serious hope he doesn't see me.
"Excuse me" I heard her voice and the sound of the counter bell we have but has never actually been used. I slowly stood up so that I didn't scare her.... and to see if Joe was next to her, thankfully he's not.
"Can I help?" I smiled, thats right I smiled. Believe it or not I'm friendly to people when I'm at work
"Yes, I'm looking for a book for my niece"
"Do you you know which one in particular?" I asked
"Oh I do... what was it called?" she muttered to herself "Joe what was the name of the book again?" she called out to him, I looked down quickly hoping that if he looked this way he wouldn't recognize me.
"I think it was Airhead." he answered
"Thats right, Airhead... it was written by Meg something."
"Meg Cabot, I know which one you mean. If you wait right there i'll get a copy for you."
"Wonderful" she smiled, I quickly rushed to get a copy of the book as I reached up to grab it from the shelf I pulled my hand away when another hand reached for it.
"Here you go." Shit! I know that voice, it's Joe. I have two options run away or take the book from his hands and hope he doesn't look at me. "Erica?" too late. Looking up at him I slowly reached out and took the book from his hands
"Thanks." I muttered and rushed back to the counter

***

Once Joe's mum had payed for the book and made her way to the exit I let out a sigh of relief
"-I'll catch up with you in a few minutes." I snapped my head up and saw Joe walking back towards me, why can't he just leave.
"Well, well, well fancy seeing you here." he smirked
"Can I help you?" I groaned
"Well firstly you can tell me why I didn't know you worked here."
"You didn't ask, and even if you did I wouldn't have told." taking hold of the stool behind me I sat down and propped my elbows on the counter
"Now I know you work here, I might stop by more often."
"Please don't.... this is one of the only places I have left that I actually like being at, and I would rather you didn't ruin that."
"Argh, I'm truly offended." he clutched the front of his shirt then dropped his hands on the counter "Anyway, have you given any thought to going to my party? It is tonight after all." He really can't give up can he.
"I already told you I'm not interested."
"Please, I really want you there." he begged
"Why?"
"Because, I think you'll enjoy yourself." he lightly tapped my shoulder
"I really doubt that."
"Come on, let loose for a change. If you don't like it your free to leave." his phone suddenly started ringing and he quickly pulled it out of his pocket "1 second" he stepped back pressing the phone to his ear. "Hello-"
I can't understand why he wants me there so badly, hasn't he realized I'm not social nor do I want to be. Not now, not ever.
"Erica i've gotta go." he said making me look back up at him
"Then go."
"Look it starts at 8, you have my address and number. Please at least think about it." he begged while making his way to the door.

"Oh my god." I groaned once he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice long chapter for you, hope you liked it.

Comment, subscribe. You know the drill. =]