I don't need you

Don't look back

Tying my hair into a ponytail I pulled my coat on, stepping out my bedroom I closed my door and made my way downstairs, my phone vibrated in my pocket as I picked up the mail from the floor. Opening the text my eyes widened as I read it. Joe's on his way to pick me up, I told him not to!! I have to go, now.
"Are you wearing make up?" I looked up and saw Allen staring at me from the living room doorway
"No more then usual."
"Who are you trying to impress?"
"I don't have time for this." I muttered throwing the letters to the side and leaving the house.

****

"I told you not to pick me up" I said to Joe when I found him in the cafeteria during lunch sitting with some of the guys I recognize from his party and a few from our class. He looked around the table then stood up, I followed him as he stepped a few feet away.
"It's not really a big deal, your stepdad said you had already left." he shrugged
Stepdad? He knows Allen's my stepdad? "What makes you think he's not my dad?"
"You told me"
"Er... actually I think you'll find I didn't"
"Yes you did, when I tried to take you home at the party you said not to because your stepdad didn't know you snuck out and you didn't want to get in trouble."
What is he talking about? I didn't say that, I even asked him if I said anything..... He lied to me.
"You said I didn't say anything when I was drunk." I muttered
"Oh my god Erica!" he groaned "Everything I do or say is wrong to you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that you said you have a stepdad or that I got your number. I can remind you that I went to your house this morning but I think that's everything...... oh wait I almost forgot. I stopped some guy from having sex with you while you were passed out on my bed, but I figured I better not tell you incase you hate the world a little bit more." he snapped at me while making sure that nobody else would hear.
"What are you talking about?"
"After you passed out I checked on you every half hour to see if you had woken up yet. On my third trip I found some guy practically on top of you about to do god knows what."
"Wh-Wha- I need to go" backing away from him I quickly turned and pushed past anyone in my way.

Finally outside I ran straight into the wall pressing my hands against it taking in a deep breath. I can't believe he just said that to me, why would he be that cruel that he feels the need to say that someone tried to rape me.
"Erica" I heard him say softly from behind me
"Don't touch me!" I shouted when I felt his hand on my shoulder
"I'm sorry I said what I said, I wasn't going to tell you but it just came out. I didn't let him do anything to you, I kicked him out the house.....I wouldn't let anyone do that to you."
"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I yelled as I turned to face him
"I'm just trying to help"
"Will you stop saying that! Have you noticed every time you say that to me, it's straight after you've done something to piss me off. Your not helping Joe, if you want to help me then fuck off!"

*****

"Is it Joe? Is he the one your trying to impress?" Allen laughed as I walked through the front door
"Leave me alone." I groaned as I threw my bag on the floor
"The sneaking out wearing little dresses, the make up to school-" he said as he followed me upstairs "It's obvious what your doing."
"What are you going on about?"
"That boy that came to the house this morning, to take you to school Joe.... so what is he? Did someone finally get a boyfriend." he teased
"He's not my boyfriend.... he's just a guy in my class." I mumbled
"Yea well, your never going to get him looking like that." he scoffed
"What the hell is that supposed to me?" I said suddenly raising my voice
"Well lets face it a little bit of make up isn't going to make much difference." as he walked towards me I backed away until I was against the wall "If you really want to make a statement-" he paused for a second raising his hand so that it was only millimeters from my face "your gonna want to put on some blusher or whatever that stuff is called." I froze when I felt his other hand land on my hip "Maybe even a nice pair of-"
"Get you hands off me." I growled pushing him away from me
"Why did you have to go and do that." he sighed and before I knew it I was keeled over gasping for air "Are you ever going to learn." As I looked up at him his knee went into my stomach forcing me to drop to the floor. "I've got a better idea, don't move" he laughed then walked towards the bathroom. Hearing him rummaging in the bathroom cupboard I pushed myself up, if I have any chance of getting out, it's now.

Stumbling down the steps I clutched onto my stomach still trying to catch my breath. "You can leave but how far do you really expect to get." Hearing Allen's voice as he came out the bathroom is only making me more determined to get out. I fell forward once his hand landed on my back "Do you have any strength?" he muttered while grabbing my arm and pulling me a few feet across the floor
"Just let me go." I shouted
"There you go again, talking back." he kicked my stomach for a second time, this time I managed to not make any sound. "The sooner you stop answering back the sooner all this will end." Grabbing my arm again he pulled me to my feet "Move before I get back and I will kill you." he threatened then went towards the kitchen. I glance at the front door which was only feet away from me, I have time.... All I have to do is open the door, he's in the kitchen just open the door and run. But where, where could I possible go?
Finally gathering my strength I rushed forward, opening the door and running out the house.
"Don't look back." I muttered to myself as I ran down the street.