Status: Completed

The Special Two

And When You Happen To

I was caught between being angry and heartbroken. On the angry side, we were best friends and he had promised me that he would be there. He knew that I didn't have a lot of friends here, and I held him, Emily, Sam and Leah close to my heart. It made me furious that he would throw that away to go visit Bella. I wanted him to rot in Hell.

But on the heartbroken side, I was a complete mess. I was head over heels in love with a man who didn't feel the same about me. More than anything I wanted to run into his arms and have him tell me how proud he was. I wanted to go out to lunch and talk about the future and laugh and just be with him. I wanted him to love me back.

With the mental debate going on, I hadn't paid attention to where I was driving. All I knew was it had been at least four hours and my gas tank was on low. I had to be somewhere near Port Angeles, if I hadn't driven through it already. I pulled into Shells to fill up and find out where I was.

I pushed the lid to my gas tank closed with the hand that wasn't holding the map, "What's up baby?" The man's voice was slurred and sent chills up my spine. I felt sorry for the woman he called 'baby'.

"Hey, I was talkin' to you." The man called again and I turned to face him.

He was mid-forties with wrinkles around his eyes and a mop of black greasy hair sitting on the top of his head. The man had a giant beer belly and only hovered over me by a few inches. All in all, he was disgusting and I had a baby barf when I looked at him. I turned back around towards my car.

The pervert grabbed my arm and spun me around so the small of my back was against his stomach. "Didn't your momma teach you manners?" He whispered in my ear, the smell of alcohol was overwhelming. "You don't walk away when someone's talking to you."

I pushed him off and kneed him where it hurts, "Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to push a lady?"

My adrenaline kicked in and I was ran to my car, but the man recovered quickly and clawed at my ankle; perfectly human, red blood seeped through the layers of skin. He made another grab at my ankle but I kicked him away. I closed my eyes and thought about this guys 'baby'. That's all I had to go on, but I was hoping this Infinitus thing powerful enough to work with what I had. A pins-and-needles feeling engulfed my body.

The pervert skidded back a few feet and his eyes widened in terror, "What's going on?"

I looked down at my now extremely scrawny and bruised appearance, "You just pissed off a shap-shifter." I spat and threw a solid right hook to his jaw. Blood splattered on my dress and the pavement, My fist made contact over, and over and over again for what he did to me, and what he's doing to his wife. He was sick. He was twisted. He's just another human.

The though stopped my actions immediately and I stepped back several feet. This wasn't right. I turned and ran.

***

I sat upstairs on my bed and tried to forget about what happened. Instead I focused on Jacob, whose name made my internal debate start up again. On one hand, every time I think his name my stomach erupts in butterflies. When I picture his face I remember how badly I wanted him to come see me and worry about me. On the other hand, he irked me more than anyone I've ever met in my life. He made promises he could never keep. He always ran out on me. Worst of all he loved Bella, not me.

I crawled out of my bed and walked to the mirror above my dresser. When I opened my eyes again it wasn't my own face that I stared at. Her dark waves made it half way down her back, her make up-free face was completely clear and pale as snow. The golden eyes were hidden under dark lashes and she was about four or five inches shorter than I. She was naturally thin and had not one ounce of muscle on her body.

I hated her.

"I hate you, Jacob Black." Her voice was melodious, and it drove me insane. No part of me was more appealing than any part of her. I sighed and felt the tingly feeling for the third time in one night. I felt tall again.

"How could he love her?" I screamed into my pillow and flailed my arms around my body. I felt my phone vibrant next to me and I answered the call while my face was still smothered in the pillow.

"Clara, are you okay?" The rough voice was dripping with concern.

I wanted to punch him in the face, but I mumbled a reply instead.

"What?"

I removed my head from the pillow and said it again, "Freakin' peachy. What do you want Jacob?" The stream of words were coming out in a sigh. I rolled over and tried to ignore the butterflies that erupted from my stomach.

"I had a feeling that you were upset," Jacob's voice sounded almost pained from the other line.

"Yeah I was upset," I confessed with over-exaggerated pettiness. "You already know my graduation was today, right?"

"What happened Clara?"

"Well my best friend decided stalking a married leech was more important than seeing my graduation. It was the weirdest thing too because I could have sworn he promised to come no matter what happened. So I've decided that he's an idiot, and if he wants to run after something that never wanted him and will never want him than I might as well let him, because he's not worth my time." I clicked the 'end' button on my phone.

Sometime between screaming into my pillows and bawling my eyes out, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This whole phone call is going to become the starting point of something in the next chapter. It'll be shocking. Well...maybe.
Thanks to all who comment! I appreciate it so much, I adore reading them and it inspires me to update faster. Keep it coming!
Special Thanks To:
reita19
Toxic Valentine
Lady Sarcasm
shanistaysfresh
Live4Music
kycoolgirl-loves-a7x
brokenarrow
XOXingridXOX