Status: Completed

The Special Two

You Wake Completely Lost

The light peered through the large window and I groaned, attempting to roll over and fall back asleep. After several minutes with no luck, I sighed, and got up. I skipped looking in the mirror before my morning shower; I already knew what I would see: smeared eyeliner, mascara runs, and a rat’s nest making a special appearance as my hair.

Yes, on a day like this, I decided to skip the mirror altogether.

While in the shower I made sure to scrub the skin until it was completely raw. I let the warm water sooth my aching muscles. I grabbed a towel and stepped out into my room, staring at the blinds until they unfolded. I may not have had the levitation power under complete control, but I managed to do little things here and there. I slid into a black long-sleeved tunic and gray skinny jeans. I heard the pitter patter of the rain outside my window as I walked towards the mirror.

When I saw the dark circles and bloodshot eyes I flinched. My scrawney waistline made it look like I was starving myself. I stared into the mirror, fixing everything with a thought and doing my hair the same way. In fact, I didn't even open any make up or hair product, and I looked better than ever, not to sound cocky. I knew it was wrong to abuse my gift like that but the truth is...I just didn't give a damn. If Jake used his heritage to keep Bella interested, and Sam used the imprint excuse on Emily, why couldn't I use my shape shifter talents to save time in the morning?

I knew the answer, but shook it off. I grabbed an apple from the kitchen before pocketing my phone and keys and set off.

***

With no where else to go, I wound up in a small coffee shop. It smelt like mildew and the coffee wasn't amazing, but it was away from the beach and the woods. Large windows took the place of three walls, so it looked like the coffee shop was sitting in the storm. It made my mixture of depression and anger rise to overwhelming levels. I sat in a small booth towards the front, the back was completely filled, watching the storm close in around the La Push reservation. I noticed that there were small sounds off in the storm. Within the thunder and lightening crashes extra beats were being thrown in. I shook my head, I was making things too complicated.

A lot had changed in the last few months, so much more than I had anticipated. I had expected to graduate, to make a few new friends. I even imagined myself finding a guy that I would be interested in and learning to love the weather here; I had hoped that I would learn the reason for why I was sent here, and dig up some memories about Dad. Never in my life would I have imagined discovering a pack of werewolves as well as a coven of vampires. I never would have thought that I would be a target and almost die. I didn't think I would get my heart broken. If anybody had tried to tell me that there was a secret behind my scar I would have easily called them a loon.

But then again, doesn't everything happen when you're least expected it?

I sighed, and turned my attention away from the uprising storm and back towards the coffee shop where new residents had filed the middle of the store. One person in particular my attention as soon as I laid my eyes on him. He had medium brown hair that reminded me of a thick caramel, laying a messy heap upon his head. He had playful light eyes that matched the smirk he wore. Yet, none of this could unwind the knot that was in the pit of my stomach.

He had been staring right at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a filler, but the coffee scene was crucial.

Thanks to all of you who commented:
XOXingridXOX (I appreciate your consistant comments)
Killer_vamp
ImInLoveWithYou?
TechnicolorFaze
HPAddictedchic
saewin
lane133
#29xPunkxPsychox

If I missed you, let me know.
COMMENT