Status: Completed

The Special Two

Be Sure That I Will Fight

I rested my head against his chest, inhaling the scent that I have missed so much over the last couple of months that he had been too preoccupied with Bella. It was a woodsy scent, like one after a fresh rain where the trees were cut down.. It made my head dizzy but my heart race. But then again, Jacob did that to me with one look.

"Imprint?" I muttered against him and his arms hug loosely around my waist. We never once broke our gaze.

"Soul mate, love at first site, and all that stuff." He smiled half-heartedly.

I watched him carefully; it was true, his eyes held a total adoration for me. But it was more than just that, Jake looked like his was completely and totally, head over heels goofy in love. I dropped my arms from around his neck,

"At first site? But you didn't do anything then." Suddenly it was like we had just met again, Jake was the way he was when I first moved her--without the leaving me part.

"I felt something," Jake defended, "but I don't know. It wasn't as strong."

I surprised myself by nodding and leaving it at that. Once again I rested my head on Jake's firm chest as he tightened his hold around me.

"Oh Clara, I do love you, I do! It's not Bella, you're the only gal for me babe. Oh Jakey-poo! I believe you. Let's never ever fight again!" Billy cooed before excusing himself.

Jake chuckled and my cheeks flared a violent red as I swatted playfully at his chest. "Shut up! I forgot he was in here." I muttered, completely embarrassed.

He continued to laugh and kissed my forehead, "He's old, he needed the amusement."

I smirked and looked at Jake's eyes to his lips, and bit down softly on my own. He caught me looking though, and once again made my knees weak by putting his warm lips on mine.

***

The storm was really bad now, and Billy forced me to stay there for the night. "Looks like your here for the night." he had said with a wink in Jake's direction. Billy said that he was driving to Charlie's to keep him company. I was going to argue that if Charlie could come pick him up then surely I could drive the mile or two to get to my house, but a night with Jake didn't sound too bad.

I leaned casually up against the door to Jake's room; his bed was shoved against one wall, dominating the bedroom. Magazines and books were scattered across the floor, with piles of clothes in any other place you bothered to look. He popped out from the closet and when he saw me, he smiled. "I need clothes."

I gestured towards my current ensemble and Jake tossed me some basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. "Thanks. Bathroom?"

"Down the hall to the left." I nodded and turned around, "Clara?"

I walked back and leaned on the doorframe, "Yes?"

Jake walked up and surprised me with a feverish kiss. My heart raced as he hands rested on my hips, and I pulled back, placing my hands on his chest. "A little to fast." I said, slightly out of breath and completely embarrassed.

"Sorry," He smirked, "I just never get tired of doing that." I watched his brown eyes sink into mine.

I stepped back towards him and pecked his lips softly, "Neither do I." I grinned and walked towards the bathroom to change.

I walked into the living room; the basketball shorts tied enough for them to hang at my hips. The gray hoodie went down to my mid-thigh and smelt heavily of Jacob. I had to take my makeup off and tie my hair back because of the rain. My bare feet padded against the lush brown carpet towards the lying figure on the couch. I plopped down on the floor next to him, he absent mindedly started running his fingers through my hair while we watched pointless infomercials.

A few hair commercials passed before I heard the squeak of the old sofa and Jake sat down next to me. I smiled up at him and leaned on his chest; he wrapped his arms around me loosely. I enjoyed being like this, and it felt weird that it had just came out of nowhere. Up until about an hour ago I hated his guts and now whenever I looked at him I felt like all the troubles in my world melted away, and everything would be fine. I was comfortable in his arms; it was like they were designed specifically for me.

Jake took my hand in his, it looked small and fragile compared to his enormous ones. I looked up and grinned at him. I knew that we weren’t a normal imprint pair; I could tell by the way Billy looked at me before we left, and how he forced us together when I first moved in. We had to have some sort of delay…some sort of cushion before the imprint itself. Jake and I had fought, which I'm pretty sure imprints didn't do. Jake and I were an unexpected pair, a powerful pair, and completely new pair of imprints. Yeah, I think I could get used to calling Jake my soul mate.

“Clara?” Jake’s husky voice mumbled in my ear.

I was half asleep, “Mmmm?”

“Do you think you’ll remember me now?”

“What?” I asked, not opening my eyes, I was way to tired to give up this position just yet.

I felt a rumble in his chest as he chuckled a little, “When we first met you said I didn’t leave a good enough impression for you to remember me, because you remembered everyone else. Do you think you’ll remember me now?”

I smirked, “I don’t know, you have yet to do anything memorable.” I cuddled back into his chest.

A few seconds of silence passed before I felt his lips crash into mine. It wasn't heated like the kiss in the bedroom, but it was no small peck. Jake’s lips seemed to melt into my own and I was overwhelmed by the heat radiating off of him. It was a few seconds before he pulled away with a grin on his face. I wore a huge grin as I tried to catch my breath, my cheeks flushed. I noticed a scarlet color on Jake’s cheeks that made mine deepen.

“That was definitely memorable.” I said, my cheeks immediately turning redder.

Jake pecked my lips once, “Red’s a good color on you, Beautiful.”

I flushed a darker shade of red, if that was even possible, “Good, because at this rate you’ll be seeing it very often.”

Jake chuckled and we continued watching pointless TV. He called me beautiful, I bit my lower lip to hide my smile.

***

“You can’t put gummy worms on a hot fudge sundae, that’s disgusting!” I shivered as Jake piled the worms on his late night treat.

He shook his head and put a couple in his mouth, “Hey, I didn’t judge you when you added the M&Ms to yours!”

I looked at my sundae, “That’s normal!”

“It’s cherry ice cream, that’s gross!” He teased and handed me a spoon.Jake added a few extra gummy worms while he stared me in the eyes, taunting me.

“You’re weird.” I muttered and followed him as he sat down on the sofa, throwing my feet over his lap.

He put a massive spoonful in his mouth, “You can levitate things with your head and you’re calling me weird? That’s just cruel.”

I nearly choked on my sundae, “You turn into a giant wolf! And hear people’s thoughts in your head! I’m normal.” I laughed and wiggled the spoon at him to prove my point.

Jake just shook his head, “Fine fine, you win.”

I grinned, “I always win.”

The storm never let up throughout the night, and Jake laughed at me every time I jumped from a crash of lightening. The wind blew hard enough to make the house shake so Jake covered me in four fleece blankets, and we laid next to eachother. That boy was hot in both the literal and metaphorical sense, for which I was extremely thankful. Another crash of lightening hit and I jumped, the spoon of icecream colliding with my cheek.

“Aw, man.” I muttered and wiped my face while Jake laughed.

“You missed some.” He pointed towards a spot on my face,“I got it.”

Jake leaned in a kissed a spot right above my mouth before looking at me, completely flustered, and kissed me lightly on the lips.

We both moved on the ground after I denied the couch, “It’s your house, you take the couch.” I had said. But Jake muttered something about me being a guest and we both were too stubborn to give up our positions.

I curled up in the blankets and laid my head on Jake’s chest, letting his strong heartbeat lull me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The comments on the last chapter were amazing! And we're almost to 100 subscribers!!!

Thank you all so much, but a special thanks to:
BreathBeforeTheKiss (2x (: )
saewin (thanks for the consistant comment!)
XxAngelxWingsxX (thank you for commenting twice in a row!)
Death_to_Roses
Jezzikuhrrr
TechnicolorFaze (thanks for commenting consistantly!)
Cindy In Wonderland (thanks for commenting twice in a row!)
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber (No, she wasn't, but that would have been epic if she was)