Status: Completed

The Special Two

Once Again

"What is this?"
"Well, it's Jake and Clara, and they're sleeping." I recognized Seth's voice.
"No no no, they're not sleeping. Jake's cuddling." Embry snickered.

I kept my eyes closed for a minute longer, trying to memorize the feeling of waking up like this. When I opened my eyes I realized I was facing Jake's chest and he had one arm draped lazily over my waist, absent-mindedly drawing patterns. Our legs were a tangled mess over the knit blanket he must have covered me with last night. I didn't want to move from this position, but I was suddenly very aware of the four wolves hovering over us from behind the couch. I stretched out a little before I attempted to release myself from Jake's grasp; squirming, stretching, and pushing, all went without success. However, Seth, Leah, Quil, and Embry found my attempts hilarious.

"Shut up!" I hissed before I levitated his arm up enough that I could shimmy out from under it, and I carefully put a pillow in its place.

"Good morning." I yawned and padded my way into the kitchen.

The coffee was made quickly, and I leaned up against the counter to face the person that seemed to be glaring like I was a target. Not really the most comforting feeling. But then there were Quil and Embry, who just smiled broadly at me. "If looks could kill, Clearwater." I muttered, "What brings you here?"

Seth seemed too agitated to answer. I turned my focus to the other two who responded rather brightly, "Jake wanted to go over patrol plans. He thinks Alina might be back, her scent is all over the place."

I mentally shuddered at the name and could almost feel the scars on my back again, but my lips forced a smile and I nodded, "Good luck trying to get him up."

I sipped my hot coffee and offered the others some; Leah looked at me and nodded, and seemed to soften a little. Seth went outside to go 'make sure it was Alina's scent' so Quil and Embry were left to wake up my boyfriend. I grinned at myself, "What are you so happy go lucky about?" Leah commented, her brown eyes hesitant.

"I've got an imprint." I nearly squealed and she laughed.

"Congratulations. Did he just tell you last night?"

"Yeah, why?"

Leah looked at him, "He's known for a couple of weeks. It tore him up--not being around you. But he knew he made mistakes that he had to pay for. Regardless, everyone kept telling him just to go for it."

I frowned, thinking that I had actually hurt him. It scared me how overwhelming the pain despite our relationship starting yesterday. "This imprint thing...it's a huge deal, isn't it?"

"Life binding." She nodded, "You can't break it, no matter how hard you try."

I remembered Sam and Emily. Even when I was little I knew that Sam and Leah liked each other. From what I've heard they were madly in love and were going to get married after high school. It just seems crazy that he would suddenly ditch her for Emily; it made me hate her a little. But when you look at them, I mean, how could they not be together? They're love is so strong. It all seemed so confusing. I was extremely thankful that Jake hadn't been in a relationship when he imprinted. I don't know how I would feel knowing I broke them up.

"Do you still miss him?"

She tried to act casual, but I could see it still killed her. "Not really." Lie. "Emily wants me to be her maid of honor, cousins are like sisters you know." She crossed her fingers and I smiled sympathetically.

"It's just a few days until the wedding." I said randomly.

"Four days." Leah corrected, "The rehearsal's on Friday night, the weddings on Saturday at the church. Do you have your dress yet?"

"No," I admitted with a blush. "I can't decide what I'm supposed to wear, not white obviously, and no lace. But what color? And what am I supposed to do with my hair? I've never been to a wedding before, well, at least not that I remember." I continued to ramble until I heard a loud thud and I turned to see Embry with a baseball bat and a very angry looking Jake. Quil was laughing hysterically over in the corner.

"If he kills you and you can't make it to the wedding, Sam's going to be pissed." I took a sip of my coffee and watched the fight unfold.

Two broken ribs, a torn ACL, and several cuts later, Leah and I were going down to a local shop to try and find a dress for me to wear to the wedding.

We walked into the small shop and I immediately took notice to the wedding gowns. Some were on dated yellow mannequins, others were hung on hooks on the wall, and all the rest occupied some of the clothing racks towards the center of the store. A small shop woman with a silver braid was running around the shop like mad, bringing white dress after white dress to a bride who claimed 'she should have stayed in Port Angeles, they have better service'.

I shook my head and walked passed the dark wood check out counter that smelt of oil and had patterns spread out next to the sewing machine. The entire store smelt like a grandmother's perfume, but with less of a suffocation hazard. Leah had already walked over to one of the racks that had nothing but black dresses, and I laughed to myself. She tried to act so hardcore.

"Hey Leah, what's the theme of the wedding again?" My voice easily traveled across the store.

She put another black dress on the rack and sighed, "Fairytales apparently; it's freakishly original, right?"

I laughed and went back through the racks, I made my way to the very back of the store where the racks of clothing were pushed to their limits. I felt claustrophobic with all the various colors popping out everywhere. There was dresses with lace, no lace, patterns, neon colors, short dresses, long dresses, ball gowns, cocktail gowns...it was all so overwhelming. I slid down the wall and put my head in between my legs. When the light-headed feeling had passed, I looked at some of the dresses that had fallen to the floor. One in particular caught my eye, the sea-foam green fabric fit Emily's theme. The dress had a belt below the bust, which had crystals scattered about. Plus, it was on sale.

I walked into one of the small fitting rooms farthest away from the screaming bridezilla and changed into the dress. Leah banged on the door lightly, "Let me see it!" she called from the other side.

"I look like a doll." I called back, turning this way and that in hopes of catching something I liked.

She chuckled, "That's the whole damn point of this wedding. Everyone's going to look like plastic, you however, have the talents to make yourself look different." Leah said and banged on the door again after damning me for my "talent".

I sighed and walked out with barefoot to find Leah leaning against the faded walls the reeked of cigarettes from back here. She had a slim black dress in her hand and was anxiously bopping her foot.

"You look ten times better than I do in mine." She said after making me spin this way and that, "Too bad you can't use some of your talents on me."

I laughed and shrugged.

"Oh don't act like you don't think it's cool."

I muttered an embarrassed response before going back and getting changed.

I ended up buying the dress on Leah's recommendation and she nearly fainted at the price. It was a fantastic deal. Because Leah and I--well, not really Leah--were nice to the cashier she threw in some shoes and accessories. After all our shopping was done we stopped by a coffee shop and picked up a coffee and some treats before heading back to my place.

When I pulled into my drive I noticed a motorcycle, a Volvo, and a Mercedes parked on the street. Leah complained about the smell five blocks before I even got there but I hadn't thought much of it. So she opted to stay in the car while I brought my dress and food inside. I unlocked the door and threw my keys in the small glass bowl in the entry.

"Hello?" I called, I slid off my shoes and made my way into the living room before I set my dress on the couch. "I know you're here, and I know you can hear me. Quite frankly it's pissing me off that you broke into my house."

Within a matter of seconds three figures as white as snow appeared, and the grandmother's perfume scent nearly made me gag. A couple of seconds after them Jake padded down my stairwell with a look of pure apology on his face.

I stared back at Carlisle, ignored Edward and Bella, and Jake placed his hand around my waist.

"Clara, I don't know how to tell you this," Carlisle began.

I leaned into Jake as the nerves shot through my body, "Well, people usually start with the bad and end with the good."

Bella looked down immediately, Edward looked to comfort her, and Carlisle pulled my focus back to him. "If only I had some good news to tell you, Clara. We've been keeping it from you for too long now; I had thought it was in your best interest."

"Get to the point." I snapped, my mood taking a severe turn for the worst. "People only avoid something when it has to do with the person they're talking to. So get on with it."

"Alina's back." Edward sighed and lifted his golden eyes to minel; I looked away. "She was after Bella, and then she found that you were here. Everyone has something against shape-shifters. Last night she tried attacking Bella again, and we needed the help of Jacob's pack. But Jake would only help if we offered to protect you as well." He ended with Bella looking like a nervous wreck, Jake looked down at me with worry in his eyes, and Carlisle stayed back.

The room remained silent for what felt like a lifetime. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

"You've got some nerve Cullen." I spat, "Poor, poor Bella. A freaking vampire's after another vampire. But wait, what was it that I learned about vampires again? You have to be torn apart and burned before you can actually die. The likeliness of a freaking new born not being able to protect herself while in a household of leeches is slim to none. Get over yourself Bella, you've got the guy, you got changed. Now deal with he freaking consequences." I went to storm up the stairs, but Edward pulled my arm.

"You don't understand Clara, we need the Jacob's pack! Bella's in danger."

I stared at him blankly before looking at Jake, "It's your choice. But just to let you know, Eddy boy, you're worried about your little life-sucking leech of a wife being attacked by another vamp. I wonder how someone as 'considerate' as you forgot that I was already attacked once. I have no idea how to defend myself and I live alone. Alina's already tried to drown me once." He stared at me, "I live beside a lake, dumb ass. Thanks for offering your protection."

I ripped my arm away and ran out the back door, it was only seconds before I heard another pair running behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had homework out the wazoo as soon as I came back from break, which it why this took so long. And speaking of long...this was FIVE pages on word.

Thank you, to those who did comment. This chapter was for you:
XOXingridXOX
TechnicolorFaze
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
goodnight.my.love