Status: Completed

The Special Two

We Will Only Need Each Other

I continued to run until the blur of houses ended and I was near a heavily wooded area. The forest eagerly swallowed me until I was in its stomach, overwhelmed by the greens that surrounded me. I stood there, knowing that he was watching, I couldn't decide whether I was scared, upset, ticked off, or perhaps a mixture of the three. I sighed, a few angry tears escaping before I sat down on a rock and said pathetically,

"I know you're there, this imprint thing makes me hyper sensitive to you."

However, he managed to stay back. I stared at the damp brown forest floor and pushed my feet down deep into the mud. She was back, that was completely impossible to avoid admitting now. I think that's what made me more scared than anything else, I hadn't even known what I was the last time she was here, I couldn't have been afraid. But now that I know everything about who I am, and who this entire town is, I know my exact chances of being able to survive if she were to attack me. They were very, very slim.

I get it, I do. I understand why they were all so concerned about Bella. She's lived here longer; she's broken more hearts, her Dad's one of the sweetest people in the world. In all honesty, I think only two people in this town don't like her. Sam and Leah. For that I'm extremely thankful, I have at least two people to run to. But how did she manage to do it? She turned into a vampire and she has the entire pack on a short leash. I know Jacob would choose me over her if it came to it, but I also know that he chased after her for a long time. Bella was Jacob's first love and she broke his heart without giving him a second glance. I was his imprint, and he skipped out on me for her. But certainly that would change now that we both know, right?

I mean, there has to be some reason for us to be so delayed. Leah told me it was supposed to be a love at first sight kind of thing, but Jacob and I were everything but. We fought, he ditched me, and I hated him. That stuff isn't supposed to happen between imprints. It was amazing knowing that he was my other half, people search their whole life for that kind of thing, and many of them never find it. They end up with the wrong person, but they still manage to live their lives as happy as anyone else would. So did imprinting matter? Or did we even imprint? Maybe it was something different entirely, and no one has any idea what we're in store for. But I love him, that I'm one hundred percent sure of. And he loves me too.

Carlisle had told me that my type of shape shifters don't make a complete transformation until they reach their eighteenth birthday. At age seventeen, their 'gifts' and blood changes. Apparently they allow you to have a normal enough childhood, the scar is the only thing that marks you different from other children. However, our kind is known to be very hot headed, very easy to set off. We still have no idea how I became a shape shifter, because Sandra was human and Dad was a werewolf. How do they breed something like me? Carlisle says it has something to do with two recessive genes having enough power to dominate over the dominant ones. If I were a boy, I would have grown to be a werewolf. I know, it completely screws up with the common genetics concept, but I can't complain.

"Seriously, Jacob, I'm not going to kill you for not telling me." I turned around to face him, but the man standing beside the tree was not my boyfriend.

"I'm no werewolf, love." He spoke in a heavy British accent that was more eerie than attractive. He walked towards me slowly, he was dressed in all black, which made his eyes gleam. I thought about shifting into something that could do some serious damage to him, but in all honesty, I don't think I could do much but wet myself because I was so scared. "Hold on love, don't do anything you would regret. I'm not going to hurt you. We're the same, you and I."

I snarled a response, "We are nothing alike."

The man laughed, and I remembered him quickly as his full-blown laughter trickled down into a small smirk. It was the guy from the coffee shop. I had seen him just a day ago.

He pulled down the dark v-neck with his finger, revealing a flame like scar across his chest. "We are very alike Clara Robins," The dark figure hopped up a tree and sat lurched on a branch. "Well, I suppose I'm being rather rude. I know all about you and yet you know nothing about me." He swung from the branch and landed a few mere inches away from me.

Once again the smirk appeared, my breath was caught in my throat and my heart was accelerating to an abnormal rhythm, much to my surprise he stuck out his hand. "I'm Joshua Bragg."

I blinked several times before hesitantly shaking his hand, "Why are you stalking me?"

Joshua laughed, "You get right to the point, don’t you, love? Well if you must know, my brother and I have been searching for years to find another Infinitus, we had been keeping very close watch on the papers all over the world. We had many disappointments, you can really only tell if you see the scar. But then several months ago Daniel found this small towns newspaper, and someone had been in a near fatal car accident. We knew about the wolves residing in this area, although the vampires were a fun surprise. So I volunteered to go check it out, and you were much easier to find that I thought you were going to be. You even wore an ensemble that let me see your scar so easily! It was not very much fun I have to admit. I was hoping for a bit more of a chase."

"But then I find that you are in love with a werewolf! And you have no idea about just what it means to be an Infinitus, yet. You don't even know your own power yet. You'll get another, change again completely, when you're eighteen. Did your vampire doctor tell you that? I'm sure it must have slipped his mind, not all the ancient texts are true you know."

"What is your power then?" I asked after finally finding my voice.

"Biological manipulation." He replied smoothly, he then noticed my confusion. "I can make people sick enough to die, but I can save the dieing."

This added to my nerves, "I've got to go." I muttered before running out of the forest.

"You can't run from this, Clara! You've got to choose before you're eighteen, or it will control you!" He called from the forest.

I didn't know what he meant, but I was extremely relieved when I hit damp night outside of the forests controlling nature. I ran all the way home.

***

Jacob wasn't there when I got home. I had to admit that hurt, but my aching muscles had a stronger force on my emotions. I let the warm water sooth them before I changed into some sweats and fell asleep.

***

I awoke the next morning and the images of last night hit me. I groaned and sat up scratching my head. I flipped my feet over the bed and stretched groaning again from how sore I was. But how was I supposed to know that I had stood outside in the woods for hours?

One thing concerned me about our meeting though, it was what Joshua said at the very end, it will control you. What the heck did that mean? How could something that is me, control me? It just didn't make sense. But then again, I was cold and tired, so maybe I had misheard him. Well, at least I hope I did.

It was way to early to think about that, so I pushed it to the back of my head and went downstairs to make some breakfast.

I was sitting on the couch watching The Hills drinking some coffee and waiting for my cinnamon roles to finish cooking so I could devour them. Heidi and Spencer were in therapy when I decided to call Jacob, unfortunately I got his voicemail.

"Hey, Jake, its me. I know I kind of ran out in a rush yesterday," I paused, "because I was pretty damn surprised you didn't tell me about Alina...anyway. I ran into someone and we talked so, I might be out of the house a lot today. But we should definitely meet up somewhere, maybe the coffee shop around two-ish? I really need to tell you something. So call me back so I know if we're going to meet up or not. Love you." I clicked End.

"Well that was weird." I muttered and snuggled into the couch before I covered myself in a blanket. It was halfway through another episode when the timer went off and I got up to get my breakfast. I sat at the kitchen table and ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth, straightened my hair and did my makeup, by hand I might add and went walked outside.

A couple hours, and four new outfits later I was waiting in the coffee shop with two cappuccinos. I checked my phone every other minute and watched the door when I wasn't looking at my phone. Leah and I had been texting and she told me that she had already seen Jake today and she didn't know why he hadn't called me back. So there I sat in the dark brown coffee shop, aimlessly tracing things on the table with my fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
So apparently, when I insult you guys you do a better job at commenting so...YOU SUCK!
Thanks to:
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Captive:Crazy
kycoolgirl-loves-a7x
under.the.stars.
Delightful Syn
PourquoiBella
TheUnknownSoulChase
TechnicolorFaze
lane133