Status: Completed

The Special Two

We'll Breathe Together

Just as I was about to grab my keys and leave, a small bell coming from the door made me look up. I huge grin spread across my face as my boyfriend came in wearing a pair basketball shorts and a white v-neck. I stood up, completely ready to run full force towards him and hug the life out of him, but a second bell held me in my seat. The two made their way over to my table and sat down, she looked at me expectantly while he looked around in a mood of relaxation.

I cleared my throat; "This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I said let's meet for coffee."

Bella picked the coffee up, took a sip, and set it back down. I could tell it was out of instinct. "It's cold." She muttered.

"Yeah I ordered it over an hour ago, funny though, I thought you'd still think it was warm and toasty." I snipped before turning my focus to Jake. "Have anything to tell me Jacob Black?"

He looked at me and his eyes were near unreadable, but I still got that he had no idea what was going on. I also sensed his protective nature over Bella. "I had to stay with Bella last night to make sure she was okay. So I volunteered to watch after her today too." He said nonchalantly.

"What is she a two year old?" Jake and Bella seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst, and several people were now watching us. I calmed down and thought about how stupid this whole situation was.

Jake softened towards Bella when he saw that the leech was upset, and turned to me, "Listen, I know you don't like her...but it's my duty to protect,"

"The humans Jake." I interrupted, venom seeping through every word. "You're supposed to protect humans from leeches like her. What's the point of protect a leech from another leech? I remember you once telling me that vampires were the lowest things you could be. A walking corpse, if I recall correctly. So now you're snuggling up to one instead of your own girlfriend?" I stated in disbelief.

He sighed heavily, "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Well, you can give me a call when you figure it out Jake. I'll be looking forward to hearing you beg for my forgiveness." I grabbed my keys and purse and slid off the chair.

This whole imprint thing sucks.

***

I had no idea where I was driving. It was a small town, I was a little less than sane, and I had the power of a vehicle in my hands. Sounds dangerous right? Eh, you haven't even begun to see me pissed off. I looked in my review mirror and noticed the same silver sports car I had seen at the stop light four blocks ago. I tried to see through the tinted windows but they were too thick. I flipped on my turn signal and rolled to stop near a clear blue lake. I watched as the sports car repeated my actions and I stepped outside. The wind blew gently and caused my straight hair to fly in my face.

A man climbed gracefully out of the car, "You look different than my brother described you Clara."

I noticed the British accent immediately and turned to face Joshua's older brother, Daniel. "Sorry to disappoint."

"Oh believe me love, you didn't." I nearly cringed as he scanned my body from my head to my toes, and back up again.

After only spending a few seconds with Daniel I came to the conclusion that I prefer Joshua to him. I could already tell that they were nothing like each other other than the same mixture of blood that pumped through their veins. "So do you want something or is stalking me your families favorite pass time?"

Daniel laughed, a cold hard laughter, "We do enjoy it." I shivered. "But I do have something to talk to you about. Joshua wanted me to try to get you to practice."

"Practice?" I laughed, "Practice what?"

"Your powers of course."

"Practice...my...powers." I sounded it out slowly as Daniel just nodded, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Aren't they just supposed to, I don't know, grow with time?"

"It's not the same as vampire or werewolf gifts Clara. Think of it like kissing. Now, if you wanted to get better for you dog of a boyfriend, you would want to practice. That's what I'm here for, you can practice on me." He winked. I tried to swallow the rising bile in my throat.

He clapped his hands in a very business like motion, "Levitate me."

"Levitate you?" I stared at him, "But I've only ever lifted inanimate objects."

"Practice."

"But-"

"Practice."

I grumbled at his tone of authority and stared at him. It was a very odd feeling when you learn that you can levitate. You stare at the object and focus only on that object, not on any of the matter around it. From there you just...lift. So that is exactly what I did this time, I just focused on the pervert in front of me, who was swinging his arms to and fro, making me loose my focus time after time.

"Stop moving!" I scolded.

A flash of light shot toward me and hit me on my left shoulder, allowing me to fall to my butt just as gracefully as Nemo tried to climb up the tube. I glanced towards the shooting pain and realized there was a small circle, no bigger than an eraser on a pencil, which pumped red liquid onto my shirt.

"What the hell Daniel!" I screeched and scrambled to my feet.

He didn't phase, "Your opponent will be moving Clara and they will have powers of their own." Daniel bounced a fireball from hand to hand before extinguishing it after he closed his palm. "You need to learn how to defend yourself and you won't learn how to do that if people baby you! Trust me, my power is a fluffy bunny compared to the ones I have seen before."

I wanted to blow up on him. I wanted to scream and do everything in my power to hurt him. Trust him? How was I supposed to trust a person that I had just met? That had just thrown a fireball at me? But instead I just nodded and attempted to morph the cut away, however it didn't phase.

"Why?" I stared at the cut and asked the question more towards myself.

"Shape shifters can't heal injuries made by another shape shifter."

I nodded and flinched as I moved my arm, ready to try levitate him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the next chapter I'm going to clean up some details that have been lost along the way. You'll know what I mean soon enough(: So, Jacob and Bella, Jacob and Clara, Daniel and Clara, Joshua and Clara. Which team do you fall into? Choose now. It'll become important later on...possibly.

People that are cooler than you:
TechnicolorFaze
Jezzikuhrrr
ruby1030
cuttiepie786
TheUnknownSoulChase
Death_to_Roses
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
kycoolgirl-loves-a7x
PourquoiBella
Petty Forget Me
Butterflysmile
XOXingridXOX
xBuiltxForxSin
nikkachoo
Poemaaaa
robieliemegan
lane133