Status: Completed

The Special Two

When We Were the Special Two

"One unheard message...First unheard message sent yesterday at 3:43 PM..."

I walked into the kitchen with clothing that wasn't stained or burned through and played my answering machine as I took a seat in the living room. I drank a hot cup of hot chocolate and waited to here what was so important that someone felt the need to leave a message. Everyone in La Push or Forks knew where I lived and certainly felt comfortable enough to come up to my house or break in, in some cases, and talk to me about it. So I sat on my couch with a blanket curled around me, anxiously waiting to hear who it was from.

"Clara? This is your mother speaking. I noticed that you hadn't contacted me since you moved in and I just wanted to check on you to make sure your okay."

I scoffed, I had been living here for months and she had only just called to check on me?

"I know your eighteenth birthday is coming up and we haven't seen each other in quite a while. You're going to come over in two days and we will have a small celebration, there are some things your father left in his will for you to have once you are an adult. You know not to come before noon or after five, I trust some of the things I've taught you stuck. I just hope you haven't dyed your hair blue or got any tattoos or pierc.....End of message."

I groaned into the nearest pillow and tried to sort out my options. I had to go, that much was obvious. She was my mom after all. But then again she sent me here out of the blue a month after my seventeenth birthday, and I had one month until my eighteenth. I really hadn't planned anything to do that day but spending a day with my mother wasn't exactly something I enjoyed.

As much as I loved hiding out here I knew I had to face Sandra at some point and I guess now is as good as time as ever to do it. I knew I needed to work things out with her in order to get my life back on track. In fact, there were a lot of things I had to do for that to happen and my mother could very well be the easiest of these tasks.

My werewolf ex-boyfriend needed to be dealt with to make sure that he is in fact an ex. I really didn't want to do that one. I also needed to figure out where I was with the Bragg's. Were we friends? Were they my trainers? I didn’t even know if they could be trusted. Lastly, due to a series of events, I'm going to have to kill Bella Cullen.

Okay, so that last one is optional.

Emily's wedding was tomorrow, Jake and I were sitting at a table together. That could take care of him, or it could go horribly wrong. Either way I will have to do it tomorrow.

***

It was a beautiful wedding.

There were lilies and harps, crystals and gemstones, altogether creating something that did look like it was straight out of a fairytale. When Emily walked down the isle she looked like a supermodel with her hair down and a dress that looked to be made for her. Sam looked like he was about to cry, though nobody wants to admit it. No one wants to get punched by a wolf at the wedding.

Everyone was dress properly for the occasion and Leah actually looked like she was enjoying herself. As much as one can expect Leah to enjoy something that is.

It was getting late and the wedding party was dying down. As people left Emily and Sam with their hopeful wishes and generous gifts one person was becoming more and more noticeable. Jacob Black was looking across the room from me, his tie undone long ago leaving his shirt open by a few buttons. His hair was shaggy and his tux was perfect. But then again it had to be, at least for me that is. I wonder if imprinting messed with my eyes or my head. Secretly making people different than who they are just so you will be together. If that's the case, it failed here. I can't be with someone who doesn't know if they want to be with me.

He decided to be daring and make the first move. Jake made his way over to me at a casual pace.

"Clara..." He said, a twinge of regret in his voice, "I'm really truly sorry."

I looked up at his face despite the voices in my head telling me not to do so. God, he's beautiful. I blinked a few times and regained my voice, "I don't know if I believe you." My voice also held regret.

I hated the way his face twisted in pain at my rejection. "Will you dance with me?"

I nodded and followed him to the dance floor as a slow song played. He put his arms loosely around my waist and I kept mine in the same manor at his neck. We swayed back and forth as the reality of our situation sunk in. We were breaking up.

"Do you love her?" My voice cracked when I asked the question that broke my soul in half, each of us getting equal shares.

I watched his face as he answered, "I don't know. I know I did at some point, before you."

"Before me." I muttered back as a few tears slid down my face. "I know you fought for her for years. I know you loved her with everything you had."

He watched me intently and wiped the tears away. I stared back at him, "And I know you lost her to your worst enemy because she loved him more. But she loved you. And she dug her nails into when he left and you let her hang on as long as she wanted. When he came back she let you go but she left marks. She still loved you, and you knew that. That's why you kept on fighting even after she was changed."

"So maybe that's our problem. I was here. I was handed to you with minimal effort on your part. You know I'm not going anywhere because we think we're soul mates. I'm not a mysterious older girl who's stubborn and awkward and beautiful to you. I'm not special because I'm just here. My dad doesn't prefer you and secretly get you to write me, my dad and yours don't go on fishing trips. I don't ride motorcycles with you. You're not terrified that you're going to loose me to someone else."

The song ended and I dropped my arms as more tears slid down my face, "I'm so sorry I can't be the right type of monster for you, Jake. I guess I'm just not as great as a bloodsucker, am I?"

I turned on my heels and left the room, the wedding, the town. I left Jacob Black with the words I knew he himself had once uttered and just as the girl they were spoken to, I knew he wasn't coming back.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Don't cry because you're leaving, smile because you're there."
.....
She's gone. Where'd she go? Who do you think she should date now that Jacob's out of the picture? Or should she?

COMMENT.

Kitty Got Claws
emelia emanate;
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
robieliemegan
TechnicolorFaze
PourquoiBella
X.Demetri.X
The Destroyer
laurenette
ElMag
TheUnknownSoulChase