Status: Completed

The Special Two

These Arms Will Not Be Taught to Need Another

"...and I'm completely in love with him." My head sat cradled in my heads.

The entire story that is Jacob Black was being discussed this early morning. I was woken up in the middle of the night because I was calling out his name in a whining voice. I know classy, right? After Leah left I felt like I could sleep again. The dreams were easier to handle this time. But it still wasn't good enough to make all the pain go away. I end up calling my Mom for advice. I felt like such a stupid teenager.

"Why aren't you with him then?"

The lightening struck once more causing the table to shake and me to jump about five miles in the air. "Because he doesn't know if he wants me."

"That's just stupid, of course he wants you." She said it with such an air of accomplishment it sounded like she had just solved the formula to eternal life.

I looked at her in disbelief, "He chose Bella over me."

"After you ran away from him, dear."

"He protected her."

"Well, I bet he would come protect me if he thought I was going to die." I urged her to continue, "Jacob Black, from what I can remember, is a good kid Clara. He cares about people very strongly. But he's also very honest. So when you asked him if he loved her that was probably tough. If someone asked you if you still loved me after all I've done to you, you'd be a bit confused too."

I shook my head, "Of course I still love you, Mom." I didn't know if it was true or not. The fact that she was right scared me.

"You say that now, but how about yesterday morning? If someone were to ask you would have answered the same way Jacob did."

"So you're saying he still loves Bella?"

My mother sighed , "No dear. But it's only been a year. That's who Jacob thought was going to be his imprint. Now that he has you he would obviously fight for you harder than he did for Bella."

"But he won't ever have to fight for me." I sighed.

I heard her motherly voice come from the other line, "Would you really want him to Sweetie?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Why not?"

"Because I could never hurt him like that. I can't even imagine me being with someone else anymore, ever. It wouldn't just hurt him, it'd hurt me too."

"Well then your answer seems clear enough to me. If you love that boy you need to go tell him. You need to make him yours forever."

I laughed, "Are you giving me permission to marry Jacob Black?" I could picture her smirking on the other line.

"I'm giving you permission to go and date the boy. What happens after that is his and your choice only." She paused, "Once you’re eighteen."

"Oh honey, I wish I could just make all of this go away for you."

In this moment, my mom new almost everything about my life. She knew what I was, who I loved, and where I lived. I left two things out however, my personal trainers the Bragg brothers and my life long enemy, Alina. I figured she had been troubled enough with worrying about my father all his life, it's time for her to just be happy and not have to hide anything from her family. She shouldn't have to worry about me, Sandra's better off thinking I live in a nice town with werewolves. Werewolves only.

***

I told myself I would clear my life and get it back to where it needed to be before I started things back up with Jake, if he wanted me. This meant I needed to talk to the Bragg brothers, a task that I refused to do unless it was broad day light. I was then left with my last task. Whether I liked it or not I needed to talk to Bella Swan.

Trust me, I wasn't afraid of a household of vampires. It's the whole ex-almost girlfriend thing that had me worried.

I changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans and brown boots that were better suited for the weather. I released my hair from its bun causing it to fall in large waves around my face. Lastly, I put on a brown thin strapped tank top with a flowy, almost see-through blue tank top over it. I paired it with a striped brown and crème colored suit jacket and headed on the door.

Naturally, it was Alice who greeted me once I had reached the Cullen's driveway.

"Clara! Your outfit's gorgeous." She complimented, "I didn't see you coming."

She frowned, "It was a last second decision. Is Bella home? I need to talk to her."

Alice nodded and walked me up to the steps and into the spacious home, "Bella." She called in a normal tone, within a second Bella appeared with Edward at her side. Jesus, I thought, does she take him every where? He's like her little toy poodle.

Edward growled at me, I laughed. That's what you get for reading my mind, leech.

"Edward, it's time for girl talk." Alice scolded kindly, "And no mind reading either or Clara's going to end up doing something you really don't want to live through."

I smirked, Edward just nodded and disappeared. Alice stayed and looked between the two of us, "You'll come to an understanding." She stated confidently. "Bella, you need to let go."

I held in my laughter as the pixie-like girl turned to me, "You need to believe her."

With that she was gone. I looked at the vampire who was looking awkwardly back at me, "Let's sit down Bella."

She nodded and we walked over to the area with a beautiful grand piano and several expensive looking couches. I sat on the couch, trying my best to hold in the gag from the smell. It takes me a while smell their scent because it isn't very strong to me. They aren't my predators so naturally I wouldn't need their scent. Personally, I always wondered why both werewolves and vampires smelt bad. I guess my kind really were aggressive towards any other creature.

"Bella," I began, "I know you're happily married."

"I am." She stated confidently.

I huffed and looked at her, "I know. As I was saying, even though you're happily married you still seem to have some human tendencies. Like drinking the coffee in the coffee shop, walking at a human pace, or seeking the protection of Jacob and his pack."

She shot me a look that could almost be called angry, "I don't have any feelings towards Jacob Black."

"Well, you did, didn't you?" Her face fell into an uncomfortable expression. "Listen, I get it. You love your vampire husband to death." I laughed, she didn't.

"But you loved Jacob at some point. I just need to know that you won't fight me for him. When he says he has plans with me I need you to respect that. If it comes down to Alina coming after both of us, you need to let your soul mate protect you and let mine protect me. Do you understand? I don't want to make Jake stop from seeing you because it wouldn't be fair. But you can't take him away from me, okay?"

She shook her head, "I wasn't making him protect me instead of you. I asked him if he could."

"And you know Jacob's a sweet heart, and when someone's in danger he can't say no."

Finally, after several minutes of silent thought, Bella stood up.

"I won't make Jacob choose between you and me. Even though he would choose you," She looked at me straight in the eyes, "I won't interfere with you too. He just reminded me of when I was human, you know?"

I shook my head, "I've never been anything but human. I still age. So I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." I paused, "It really makes things easier now that your not attached to Jake. Don't get me wrong, I want all mythical creatures to get along. I just don't want to share my imprint."

"You know Clara; I could see us being friends." She admitted when we were walking to the door.

I went down a few steps before turning around to face Bella "Don't press your luck, Vampy. A friendly acquaintance is as far as I'm willing to go right now.” I threw a devilish grin her way and walked out to my car. The morning sun hit my face, but it didn't warm me up. I needed Jake. But I had to fix one last thing before I tried to talk to him.

I didn't believe Bella. I didn't, even though I knew Alice told me I needed to. I thought that she would still fight for him. The fact that she was just be around could have been enough to drive him towards her. But those were my own insecurites. I needed to just get over them, and I would...eventually. But there was something I needed to do first.

Joshua and Daniel, here I come.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to thank you again for all the amazing comments.
For those of you who are pissed that Jake is gone, stop getting your granny panties in a twist. I can't just have everything solved in one chapter.

So..comment? I'll give you a cookie. (:

What do you think is going to happen with at the Bragg's house?