Status: Completed

The Special Two

I Remember Someone Old Once Said to Me

"I just need to know where we stand." I said finally. I had arrived at the Bragg's house early this afternoon and they weren't surprised to see me. That added another thing that made me extremely uneasy about these brothers. Everyone was entitled to their secrets, I kept telling myself.

Joshua looked me over carefully, it was the first time I had explained my whole imprint situation fully. Or brought it up at all actually, it always seemed that they did that. "We're training you Clara. I'm here to help you learn about our past as a clan, and what it means to be one of us. Daniel's going to train you in the more physical aspects."

It felt good to know where we stood, there was a part of me that thought that was too simple, that I still shouldn't trust them. I willing pushed that to the back of my mind. It felt even better knowing that I would finally learn about myself. "Speaking of Daniel, where is he?" I asked as the wind gushed towards me. Josh shivered, I felt a little warmer.

This whole imprint withdraw sucks.

A huge crash came from inside the house followed by a stream of curse words, "He's inside."

I laughed a little, "Is he demolishing a wall or something?"

Joshua's face stayed straight, "Or something." He replied. The way he said it made my spine tingle.

I followed him as he walked inside their small home, I smelt burning wood and the scent comforted me slightly. It smelt a little like Jake.

But as we walked further into a part of the house I never explored sickening smells continued to engulf us. There was burning plastic and various chemicals that I couldn't make out. I watched Joshua's facial expression stay consistant as if he had been raised in this type of environment. Then again, I never asked, so maybe they had.

"Dan?" Joshua called, "Daniel!" He said in a powerful voice that made me jump slightly. I blushed though he wasn't looking at me.

We heard coughing from the room on our left, one of the only doors that wasn't open, followed by another loud crash and more cursing. I sped ahead of Joshua and burst the door open.

"Clara, duck!" I didn't know which brother called this warning out to me, but I did as I was told. A burning object flew above my crouched body, right where my head would have been. I glanced around to see Daniel duck, jump, and otherwise dodge every one that was aimed towards him.

I stayed down and watched him in amazement. Some seemed to hit him but when he turned towards me he didn't have any marks on him. There were several burned bloody holes in his grey sleeveless shirt. There was a layer of dirt and a small amount of sweat that covered his body. Daniel's curls were in a mess around his face and his lip was bleeding. But as soon as I looked, it was gone. Daniel seemed to acknowledge Joshua when this happened.

"Holy shit." I muttered as he walked towards me, the flying objects had haulted. "What was that?"

"Training."

He helped me to my feet and the layer of smoke began to clear. I could still taste the sparks in my mouth. "Training? For what?"

"Life." Daniel through a cocky grin my way as he looked me over, "Looking good C." He winked.

I smirked.

"She needed to know why we were here. Clara's trying to get back together with her boyfriend." The british accent made the situation sound much more sophisticated than it was. I noticed that Joshua had the cleveriness in his accent, while Daniel brought a tone of flirtaciousness to his.

"That damn wolf?" Daniel said in disbelief, "Seriously?"

Joshua left the room. I stared at Daniel, "If he still wants me I'm going back to him."

"If he still wants you?" Daniel kicked a piece of charred wood and it smacked a window, which shattered. "Why did he give you up? Is his blind?"

I was taken aback, "He thought he might have loved Bella-"

"-Cullen? As in the leech who got you into this whole mess? For the love of-"

"But we're meant to be together." I said honestly, "So I need to try to work things out with him."

"How do you know?" Daniel asked as he got closer to me, he grabbed my shoulders. "How do you know that you're meant to be?"

I shook my head at him, I guess I had just assumed it was common knowledge. "He imprinted on me."

"He imprinted on you. How do you know he's not lying?"

"Because I can't stand being away from him." I said and stared into his green eyes, my defensive side was coming out "And Jacob doesn't lie."

He scoffed, "You aren't supposed to be with him!" He didn't yell it at me. Daniel didn't say it in a harsh tone, but stated it as matter-of-fact as any human could.

"What do you mean? Yes I am."

"We're purebred!" Daniel broke away from me and walked around the room. He didn't even flinch when his bare foot hit a piece of glass.

Once again, I shook my head. Maybe it was the fumes in here but this guy wasn't making any sense. "My parents weren't shapeshifters. My Mom's human."

"Yeah, well Josh and I's were. That's why we're so much stronger, why we know so much more than you. It's how it was supposed to be." I watched a look cross his face that I witnessed in his brothers a few days before.

"Are you calling me a mistake? A fluke?" The anger in my voice was evident.

He walked farther away from me as if my very appearance was enough to make him sick, "No, C, that's not what I'm trying to say. You don't get it. You're special. If you listen to me and Josh you could be one of the best Infinitus to be born after the orginals. That dog is just going to hold you back."

"So what are you trying to say?"

Daniel looked at me from across the room, by the time that I had blinked his lips were attached to mine in a gentle, sweet, heated kiss. It was completely different from when Jake had kissed me. When I kissed Jake I felt weightless and warm. Daniels kiss left made me feel grounded and I felt like acid was traveling through his lips to mine. He put a hand to my face which only amplified the feeling of acid and it was getting near unbearable. My lips refused to move with his and he seemed unphased by this fact. I pushed away.

"What the hell Daniel!" I screeched, "I just told you I had a boyfriend."

He looked up at me in disbelief, "Tell me that didn't feel right."

"It didn't feel right. At all."

"Damn it!" He kicked another piece of wood.

"Would you just chill out? You're the one who kissed me I should be pissed right now, not you. You're creeping me out." I crossed my arms over my chest. He didn't say anything but through a look my way that I could understand. I would pretend it didn't happen if he did. It felt like he was testing something out, and unfortunately he failed miserably.

However, I was surprised by my reaction. I was still infuriated and felt slightly sick to my stomach. Sure, that's not supposed to be a good thing in any normal life but to me it provided a sense of relief. Since the day that they introduced themselves I found the Bragg boy's attractive and their accents intoxicating. I could have easily pictured myself with either one of them. But something over the last few days clicked, like pieces of a puzzle finally meeting up, and those pictures that I had thought up were erased. I can say I was physically and mentally repulsed by the kiss. There was one person that I kept thinking of through out it.

Jacob Black.

So we were imprints. Hearing the thought in my head made my heart leap into my throat. It came with so many expectations, but I couldn't be afraid of it. I just wanted him to be with me. Just thinking about being in the same room as him made my stomach erupt in butterflies.

"I've got to go." I walked out of the 'training' area, "Joshua wanted to show me something about my eighteenth birthday."

Daniel nodded and through a fireball at the wall, which seemed to start the process of burning flying objects.

"But I want to practice soon. Is that okay?"

I took his increased speed as a yes and left the room, trailing down the revolting hallway until I reached the semi-familiar living room. Joshua was sitting on the couch with various books spread out around him. There spines ranged from old and torn to new and plastic covered. Most of them had symbols that didn't understand but they smelt like knowledge.

Don't laugh at me, I know you know what I mean.

"You'll get another power when you're eighteen." He said as if I had been in the room the whole time, and he had only just chosen to state the fact.

I took a seat next to him, "I already knew that. You told me, that day in the woods..." I trailed off and ran a hand through my wind blown hair. When Jacob and I broke up I thought the words that would have finished the sentence.

"Since you've been practicing it should come easier to you."

"You mean I'll pick it up faster than I did levitation?"

Joshua shook his head his voice filled with pain, "I mean it will hurt less."

"It's going to hurt?" I asked in disbelief, my heart picking up it's already pushed pace.

"When you get a new power, you're symbol expands. Dan's started out like yours, it took up the same amount of his forearm. It should just build up an extra inch."

"And that hurts." It was supposed to be a statement, but it came out like fearfilled question.

Joshua looked at me with sympathy, "Like hell."

"Fantastic." I muttered, "What about this new ability, do you know what it's supposed to be?"

He closed a book and set it on the coffee table, "It's typically related to your original gift. The worst gift usually comes first." Regret filled his tone. "For example, I learned how to kill first."

"My parents had me practice on animals, it was awful. Deers, elk, birds, our dog...anything that they could get their hands on. I felt like a twisted pyscopath."

"But levitation isn't bad, at all."

"You weren't taught to practice in the traditional manner. If you grew up with purebred parents they would have had you practice levitating knives, boulders, chemicals and killing animals or dummys."

My throat went dry. The fact that my mind accepted that for a brief second made me ill. "We were awful, weren't we?"

"Most of us still are."

"Oh man," My head felt light and fuzzy.

There's a lot more to us than meets the eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...I didn't do the whole "their relationship's on the rocks, it's getting better and they might get back together, but oh no someone just got kissed and the other guy walked in" thing. I considered it, but in all honesty...Why the hell would Josh let Jacob in to their house, and how would Jacob know where they live?

I'm in Cali for the month and I have limited internet access, leaving me forced to use the public computers. Which means I don't have a lot of time to write...and I'm not a real pen and paper kinda girl.

So bear with me with these updates, kay? I promise I'm writing when I can. But this albino girl needs to get a tan.

Here's a fudge chocolate chip cookie, I FREAKING LOVE YOU:
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Aliyah-loves-A7x
The Destroyer
TechnicolorFaze
letssailintothesea.
heartbroken rainbows
ForeverSeventeen
OhWickedOne
octoberlover_1014
alltimelowgirl.
Angel
sweetatada
izzylizzy95
sweetatada (multiple)
iLu32791
XOXloveangelXOX
col-0
Bomb-Fo-Shizzling!

Do you realize how great it is that we got over fifteen different people commenting? It's amazing! And it really encourages me to not only write, but also to make what I'm writing better. I love you guys.