Status: Completed

The Special Two

That Lies Will Lock You Up

I rubbed the back of my neck in a desperate attempt to get the strained muscles to relax. For the past two or so hours I sat in the library-like living room with Joshua in an attempt to fully grasp who I was. It seemed like for every door I closed six or seven opened in it's place. Our race was ancient and fascinating but it left me physically exhausted. When you add in not seeing the love of my life for over a week I wasn't exactly the most alert person in the world, nor the most pleasant.

I looked around the living room, the egg shell colored walls showed smears of dirt and dust. Underneath the hive-like book piles there was a simple carpet flooring. Dust covered the room every so often from Daniel's 'practice'. It made me cough when I first arrived but now my lungs welcomed the dust like a vacuum cleaner.

"By the end of your eighteenth birthday you will be an entirely different person than you are now." The smooth voice finished, "Clara are you even paying attention?"

I shook my head, "How exactly am I supposed to remember all of it?"

I shifted uncomfortably in the very modern sofa, light peered through the blinds and illuminated the dust particles in the room. I swatted my hand in the air, the dust suddenly making the house feel claustrophobic.

Joshua gave me a disapproving look. He pushed a book up close to my face and I nearly vomited at the smell.

Knowledge.

My nose wrinkled and I leaned back, "Listen maybe I should just come back another time."

I hadn't noticed he had been reading out of the book, "Those who share the same scar are most often found to spend their lives as mates."

I scooted back in the sofa and leaned over to see the rest of the passage, but that was it. The faded yellow book page held no more on the topic as it immediately switched into how to master the power of biological manipulation. Damn ancient texts and their short attention spans.

Josh stared wildly at me when I stole the book and began flipping through the pages at a inhuman pace, scanning everything for another mention of a scar. I let out my breath in short, angered, spurts. There was nothing.

"That's why he kissed me." I muttered angrily at a nearly inaudible level. He didn't like me at all, he just did because our scars were in the same spot! I shut the book and tossed it across the room where it landed with a loud thump. Dust shot up from the floor like ash from a newly erupted volcano. In all honestly I didn't really care that he kissed me, I mean it was disgusting and revolting, but I didn't feel anything. Besides, it was sort of flattering.

But to do it just because I had a freaking mark in the same place he did? "He's such a bastard." I said angrily and shot up from the couch. I paced in a very animalistic fashion, my eyes darted every which way.

"Who?"

I threw my hands up in the air, "Your brother that's who!"

"What did he do now?"

My eyes were wild when they met his tame ones, "He kissed me." I spat. "He only did it because we have the same mark!" I knew the conversation was stupid and I shouldn't be upset, but something in me was unsettled and his kiss just seemed to set it off.

"Clara," Joshua sighed in an angry fashion. He drug a hand across his tired face, "Daniel doesn't have a lot of common sense. He doesn't think things through, instinct is all he knows."

"So you're freaking defending him?"

He grabbed my wrists to keep me from pacing, I tried to squirm away from him but I knew I couldn't match his strength. "Your birthday's in about a week, this is the time where you will be most vulnerable. Your feelings will get completely out of control if you let them, but you can't let them." He warned severely.

"Fine," I agreed angrily. "But can I at least punch him or something?"

Joshua didn't hold me back as I stomped into the room Daniel was in, catching him in the middle of his practice. Objects came flying at me and I just levitated them away, my pissed off nature in full bloom. Daniel stared at me with a quixotic look on his face before I levitated him up and tossed his pig ass out a window.

"That's for kissing me."

He rose to his feet to object but I quickly smashed his body into the large oak in the backyard, "And that's for your reasoning behind it."

I greedily accepted the books Joshua offered once I had reached their doors. "Call me when you're done with them, my number's in the first book."

The books weighed about twenty pounds, but I nodded anyway. My anger had flared and taking it out on Daniel made me feel a little calmer. I knew it wasn't a good sign, but I couldn't make myself care about it right now. I wanted to see Jake.

***

My car zoomed through the curves and turns out of the Bragg's home and to Jake's house. My heart fluttered erratically in my chest as a neared the familiar home. I took a different path, even though it added about ten minutes to the drive, to avoid using the bridge. Anything to avoid using that bridge.

I nearly stomped on the gas peddle when my phone rang, "Holy shit." I muttered after pulling to the side and gripped my chest where my heart seemed to be bursting from surprise.

The ring tone got more obnoxious the longer I let it play, so I quickly grabbed my beat up blackberry and answered. "Hello?" I panted into the phone.

"Clara! You're going to be so excited!" The pixie vampire's voice came in high pitched squeaks from the other line.

I ran a hand through my hair, "Has that already been proved or are you just hoping?"

"I saw it."

"And what did you see?" I felt like I was trying to get information from a two year old. Ugh, I hate being in a bad mood.

"I'm throwing you a birthday party!" She exclaimed from the other line, I could just see her clapping happily.

"What?"

"It's your eighteenth birthday Clara, it deserves to be celebrated! It's going to be at eight o' clock next Friday. You're going to have to be out all day because it's going to be at your house."

I nodded but I realized she couldn't see me, "Sure sure, that sounds great." I muttered into the phone.

"Great! Leave it to me, I'll plan everything out! It's going to be-" She cut off as a decision came to my mind. I let her sit quiet for a few seconds.

"Oh," She sighed, "You want the dogs there."

"I want Jacob there." I said firmly, "Seth and Leah too."

"Fine." She huffed. "I'll get planning."

I hung up with a smile and pulled back onto the road.

My car approached the familiar house and I sucked in a nervous breath. I sat there for a few minutes to try to get my heart rate back to a regular pace.

I walked up to the door and knocked softly three times before I stepped back and waited. The door swung open after a few seconds and my spirits fell. "Hi Mr. Black."

"It's Billy to you, Clara." He scolded nicely, "What brings you to our neck of the woods?"

I nervously pulled at the hem of my shirt. I had stopped at my house and changed into a plain black v-neck and my favorite pair of jean short shorts. My hair was pulled into a lazy ponytail, and some of it now fell on my face. I kicked my faded blue converse.

"I was wondering if Jake was home?"

Billy looked at me with sympathy, "Sorry, no. He's out patrolling with the rest of boys."

My heart seemed to fall into my stomach, "Oh! Of course he is. I uh, just found his sweatshirt in the back of my closet when I was cleaning. I thought he'd want it back with the new, um, arrangement."

His face fell into an upset and uncomfortable look. It seemed as if just mentioning the fact that Jake and I weren't seeing each other was killing him. I wanted to come here for Jake and apologize and talk and fall back into...love. We had to have been in love. But once I heard he wasn't home I freaked out, I didn't want to be rejected again. So I lied, and now it's hurting Billy too.

"I can take it and make sure it gets to him."

It caught me off guard. I robotically walked back to my car and grabbed the hoodie that I found his note in and brought it back. "Thanks."

The wind blew and bit at my neck, "Do you want to come inside?"

I blushed slightly at his kindness, "No thanks, Billy. I've uh, I've got some where I've gotta be."

He just nodded. I walked briskly to my car as the wind began to whip my hair this way and that. The sky was dark shades of blue and large gray clouds invaded the sky. It smelt thick and wet, the woodsy sent of the forests seemed dampened. A storm was quickly approaching.

My car sped through the twists and turns of the roads. I wanted to make it back home before the storm hit fully. There was small pelts of rain being emptied from the sky and they found their way onto my windshield. The quick change from hot to cold air made me shiver and wish that I would have kept Jake's sweatshirt.

My eyes wandered to the coffee shop where I saw a grumpy Seth and a thoroughly pissed Leah. I swerved into the lot and popped my doors open, an offer which they quickly accepted.

They buckled up and I drove off. A few minutes passed before anyone made a move on the conversation. Apparently my little outburst had more of an affect on them than usually. However, I decided to avoid the topic completely. I still felt like acid was pumping through my veins. And sure my soul felt like it was shredded apart, but I was a damn good actress when I wanted to be. After all, I did come from a long line of shape shifters as well as a delusional house wife.

"So, did you guys get off early from patrolling?" I asked and looked at Seth, who was sitting next to me while Leah sat in back.

Seth turned to me, "We aren't patrolling today."

"The leeches couldn't even pick up a scent." Leah grumbled as if it was a ridiculous idea for them to even try.

"None of you are?"

Leah shook her head, "Nope. Sam and Emily are pre-honeymooning." She made a gag noise, "Paul's being an ass and went into Seattle."

I pretended to listen as Leah continued to list off where each and every one of the wolves were, except one. My mind was picking apart the possibilities of where he could be, and no matter which scenario I tried it always came to the same conclusion. He was with Bella.

My mood swung from being depressed to pissed off. "Where do you guys want dropped off?"

"Uhh, turn left."

They got out as I pulled up to the semi-familiar house, all I really remembered were the old green shutters.

"Bye." I muttered.

As soon as I was out of the sight of the siblings I yanked out my cell phone and made the last few turns to my house. It didn't even ring before she picked up.

"I don't want Jake there." I said angrily into the phone. She didn't say anything. My finger practically crushed the end button as I made another call.

"Hey, I'm coming over."
♠ ♠ ♠
CHILL OUT.
It's not what you think...or is it? Mmm, maybe if you tell me your ideas you'll figure it out. What do you think is going to happen at her birthday? Who'd she call?

Jake will make an appearance very soon(:

I'm so sorry I didn't get this out quick, I was slower than a snail with a hangover. But the computers were always taken, and then my brother's laptop busted so I had to go out and get another. Anyways I tried to make it a longer chapter for your enjoyment and possibly your forgiveness.

On a completely different note, I'm going to get my belly button pierced like next Saturday. Do you have any advice or warnings? I'm freaking out over the pain. Rate it on a scale from one to ten?

Will you marry me?:
Erinnnn.xo
Calling Back
iLu32791
XOXloveangelXOX
sweetatada
Key to my heart
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
FamousLastWords.
heartbroken rainbows
song.of.the.stars (I really appreciate the feedback)
Cassie Rosalee
TechnicolorFaze
alltimelowgirl.
winddancerx17
octoberlover_1014
Angel
emmared