Status: Completed

The Special Two

And I Couldn't See This Place

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around, candles were lit on the coffee and side tables, the room had a warm glow. The pain was gone now and instead there was a strong pull of something. I moved the quilt aside and looked over the couch, where Jacob was sleeping soundly. I smiled softly to myself as I watched his muscular chest move up and down in a rhythm that explained everything in my life. His dark lashes contrasted his russet skin, which was flushed with the heat from all the candles. Jake's mouth was pulled into a slight smile.

Instinctively my hands went towards his and I grinned widely at how perfectly they fit, it wasn't like before either. This time felt right, like I finally found the answer everyone searches their life for. I was complete. Jake stirred and blinked slowly before gazing at me in a way that made my heart feel like it was going to explode.

"Hey you." I couldn't wipe the smile from my face as the blush eagerly crawled up to my cheeks.

Jake sat up and patted the spot next to him, which I gladly filled, "Hello Beautiful."

I rested my head on his chest and played with his hands, tracing the lines on his palms as we sat. "I love you too." I said quietly and once I said it I realized how true the words were. I had never doubted it but the fact that I said it out loud felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

He pushed my chin up ever so slightly so our eyes locked onto one another’s. "You're my life, Clara. I meant what I said earlier."

I watched him as he hesitantly dipped his face down until our lips connected, it was sweet and long, and his lips felt soft and firm against mine. It was everything it should have been and more. We both pulled away and I rested my head against his chest once again, "Thank you for the necklace, it's so beautiful."

"It's nothing compared to you."

I laughed at his cheesy comment, but secretly I was thrilled. "What happened earlier?"

"You blew things up." He stated simply, "And you killed all your flowers, but you revived half."

We both laughed and watched the fire burn under the fireplace. The embers danced and laughed along with us, "I'm sorry."

"I am too." Jake pulled me in close and I sighed in content.

Jake and I sat like that until the morning, when Jake said that he would help repair the windows and various cabinets. I stood in my kitchen with my hands propped on sweatpants covered hip, and I raised an arched brow. Plates were crumbled like breadcrumbs around the room and various deformed objects cluttered the remaining areas. To save the risk of cutting myself, I simply levitated the broken class into the massive black garbage bag that sat propped open on the chair.

I got Mr. Clean and vigorously scrubbed the floors until they sparkled. I did the same for the countertops and side tables in the hallway and living room when all of the objects had been tossed into one of the eight garbage bags. I tossed two over my shoulder and walked around back so I could toss them into the dumpster.

"Let me help." Jake popped out from behind me, dressed in a simple white shirt and jeans. He took the trash from my hands with a smile.

It took nearly all day, but I managed to clean the parts of the house were damaged by my outburst. Jacob had replaced most of the windows, but some of them needed new frames so they were carefully covered with plastic. After cleaning I made pasta and chicken, which Jake and I were now eating at the kitchen table.

I took a big bite of chicken, "Does it hurt?" He asked from across the table.

My eyes traveled to my arm where the tribal mark expanded, nearly taking up my entire forearm. The new designs didn't match the previous ones in their simplistic nature. I shook my head.

"Do I seem different to you?" I asked and sipped my water in an attempted to appear nonchalant.

"No, why?"

My eyes drifted to my plate where I stabbed two pieces of pasta and dragged them around in the sauce. "When we were...I stayed with Joshua and Daniel for a while. I read a lot and after the big bang we turned really...barbaric."

"Clara," He lifted my chin with a callused hand. "You won't be like that."

Jakes firm belief in his voice made it hard to think otherwise, but a small part of me still wondered.

"How is your new car coming along? Seth told me you were waiting on some parts." I said smoothly changing the topic.

His eyes lit up, and I was swept away into a world that normal teenagers got to experience. We refrained from talking about any supernatural topics for the rest of dinner. I learned a lot about Jake, like that his favorite color was dark green because that's the color dress his mom used to wear. His sister got imprinted on by Paul, which I apologized for. I laughed when he told me about the time that Quil dared him to lick a battery that still had charge in it.

"Thanks for dinner." He said softly when we were at the door, when our night had come to an end.

"Thank you for fixing my house."

He engulfed me in a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I wondered for a moment why he didn't give a real kiss goodbye.

"I think," He began as if he knew my thoughts, "we need to take it slow."

I nodded, "Okay." I grinned and waved after he left. It was a near perfect night, after all.

I walked back to the table and started on the dishes when the doorbell rang. "One second!" I called and dried my hands on my pants.

In the background the stars danced in the midnight sky, I stepped out and looked around for someone, but no one was there.

"Weird." I muttered and went inside.

A small white card sat on the edge of the countertop with 'Clara' scrawled on top in a handwriting I knew very well. I bounced over and opened the paper.

'Will you have dinner with me tomorrow night? Check yes or no.

P.S. Leave me outside by the front door.'

I giggled and grabbed a pen and obnoxiously circled my answer. I left it outside and shot upstairs to retrieve my phone.

"Leah, I've got date tomorrow!" I stated excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
That, my dear readers, was a filler chapter if I ever did write one.
I'm sorry about that. But it was needed. Trust me.
What do YOU think will happen in the next few chapters?
Erinnnn.xo
MorningDoveofLight
SamAndHerCat
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
The Destroyer
Bomb-Fo-Shizzling!
THE_MoJo
winddancerx17
Calling Back
AshleyxTwilightx
XOXloveangelXOX