Status: Completed

The Special Two

Would Soon Become My Hell

I grabbed my keys from their home on the side table by the door. They felt cold against the ever-rising heat of my skin. I embraced the fresh fall air as I stepped out of my home, dressed simply in a pair of dark blue levy's and a white v-neck. My hair whirled around me as the wind blew the curls back and forth, I ran a hand through my hair to untangle it as I walked.

I had gotten another letter by my door this morning telling me to go to First Beach at six, but this time Jake had signed it. There was only one memory of First Beach that was still vivid in my mind, and the loving look on Jake's face being twisted into one of pain and disgust was drifting into my mind as I drove. It was something I had previously forgotten but now was plaguing my mind with questions. In reality, I knew it was nerves that were getting to me.

This was, technically, the first date. We had never really been a couple before, at least not like we were now. My dreams last night were filled with scenarios of our date and all of the excitement made my heart swell.

I pulled up to Jake's house and parked my car, I figured it would be easier to walk to First Beach from here and have my car safe than park it on the side of the road. You might as well have a two-year-old parallel park my car for me.

I kicked off my flip-flops and held them in my hand as my feet submerged themselves in the sand. There was something really calming about walking on the beach. The sun was hanging over the water and the waves lazily crashed against the sand. My eyes caught sight of a blanket and basket on a flat rock above my place on the sand. I grinned, revealing my straight white teeth, and walked up.

"Hey there." I said as I approached Jake who was dressed in a pair of cargo shorts with a white shirt underneath a black zip up sweatshirt. My heartbeat sped up and I felt the blush rise in my cheeks.

He looked up from the basket and smiled broadly. I let out a girly giggle and felt my cheeks flare up. Way to go. "Hello Beautiful."

I sat down next to Jake, cross-legged, and turned toward the water in an attempt to hide my blush.

"Here." I turned back towards him as Jacob handed me a sandwich, I laughed.

"I love peanut butter and jelly."

A color tinted his russet skin, "It's all I know how to make, and they're delicious."

I took a large bite, "Yes they are."

He took out two cans of pop and handed one to me. "Thanks." I murmured and took another bite. I looked at Jake, who had already devoured about four sandwiches, and laughed.

"Life of a werewolf." He shrugged and continued to chew.

"No way! The Stiff Dylan’s are way better than Green Day."

"Are you nuts? Or deaf?" He argued back.

I laughed and shook my head, "Their old stuff was great. But seriously, 21 Guns was way to long. Plus, The Stiff Dylan’s have amazing accents!"

Jake looked down and sighed, "My girlfriend has no taste in music."

I moved over so my head was lying against Jake's chest and looked up at the sky as several moments passed.

"My boyfriend's tone deaf."

"I am not."

"Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Do you ever wonder about us?" My voice sounded far off.

Jake's response was far more grounded, "All the time." A hint of humor touched it at the end.

"I sometimes wonder about myself." I admitted but the familiar blush didn't rise.

"What's life without a little mystery."

"Boring."

Our world was silent except for the occasional wave crashing against the shore, it was like we were in a bubble and none of the mythical crap could get to us. After what felt like hours, but perhaps it was just a few minutes, we packed up our things and walked back to his house, our fingers linked together.

He walked over and put the picnic supplies in the house and I grabbed my shoes. I stood with a hip popped as Jake made his way over to me.

"This was nice." His brown eyes shined and I could see my reflection, for the first time in quite a while we both looked genuinely happy. My heartbeat sped up as he pressed his lips gently on my own, the kiss was short and sweet. His lips tasted like peanut butter and jelly.

My eyes were still closed from the daze he put me in, "I've got to go patrol." He stated with a twinge of regret.

I leaned forward and he wrapped his arms around me, engulfing my small frame in his massive warm arms. "I guess Washington does sort of need you." I muttered against his chest and I felt the rumble of his wolfish laugh. I inhaled his woodsy scent greedily, but not all together inconspicuously, more laughter erupted from his gigantic chest.

"I'll call you tonight when I get off." He promised.

I pulled back, "Alright." I said with a small smile. "It might take me a minute to answer, I'm filling out college apps. Better late the never." I shrugged as the sun came out from behind a cloud and shined bright on us.

He gave me a quick peck on the cheek before disappearing into the woods; I heard a howl a few minutes later. I grinned and jumped into my car, preparing myself for a lot of hand cramps and repeated questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...they had their first date(:

I know these updates have been irregular, but I'm working on trying to post every weekend. Thanks to those who are still commenting:
JinxedLullaby01
XOXloveangelXOX
Butterflysmile
dana;;shardae
AshleyxTwilightx
MorningDoveofLight
TechnicolorFaze (I completely get where you're coming from)
Calling Back
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber