Status: Completed

The Special Two

So Is It Better to Tell and Hurt

I invited Alice and Emmett over as soon as I got home, and both of them were more than willing to help me fill out as many college applications as possible. I was late in the application process, but my GPA and after school activities back home interested enough colleges to stress me out.

Their super speed was extremely helpful, although Alice would mutter now and again how angry she was that she couldn't see which colleges I would be accepted to. She could see my future, but it was useless. It would switch between being completely black on low volume or fuzzy and quiet.

"President of the Spanish and French club?" Emmett inquired with a raised brow.

I raised a brow to a level equal with his, "Sí and Oui."

"That doesn't prove anything. I know how to say that."

I rolled my eyes and hunched back over the table, scribbling responses for activities, several times I considered adding extra padding to the essay, but I didn't, I figured I might as well be honest.

Race:Infinitus.

I scribbled it out and put that I was half Native American, which would probably be more believable. My hair escaped from the elastic band that was holding it in place and I blew it out of my eyes. This continued for several minutes before Emmett chucked a bobby pin at me.

I shook my right hand for several seconds, and then I poked the numb appendage. I continued shaking it around like a lunatic, unaware that there were other people in my house, I was at the kitchen table, and they didn't know what was going on.

"Clara, are you alright?" I looked at Alice's porcelain face and nodded.

"Writers cramp. Damn you vampires." I cursed and stood up, "I think I need a break. I can't offer you anything to eat or drink so..."

I just walked out of the room and sat on my couch, I flung my arm obnoxiously over the couch and propped my feet up. The phone rang and I squirmed to find the pocket of my jeggings, aka the best thing since the blackberry. I smiled when I read the caller I.D. and flicked the answer call button.

"Hello Beautiful." His husky voice came from the other line, even over the phone that boy made me blush. "What are you doing?"

I snuggled back into the couch, "Taking a break from making out with some guy I met at the coffee shop on the way home."

"Some guy? Come on, you at least got a name."

I sighed dramatically, "Henry...Howard...something with an H."

"Harold?" He questioned from the other line, I snapped my fingers.

"Yes! That's the one, good ol' Harry."

"Poor guy probably has to stand on chair just to reach your shoulders."

I scrunched my eyebrows together, "But his luscious blonde hair is so soft."

"Doesn't that acne bother you though?" Jake asked, in mock seriousness.

"I suppose, I like my boys tall and shaggy."

I heard his laughter from the other line as I flopped on to my flat stomach, "Man! I know someone just like that..."

"Really? You'll tell Quil for me?" I couldn't help but giggle at the end.

His wolfish laugh erupted from the other line. "Like I would ever let him touch you,"

"Mr. Black, so protective of me. Could it be that you wish you were Harry?"

"Of course." He answered simply from the other line.

The conversation continued for an hour or so before Clara decided she needed to hang up to go help the vampires in the next room. "Alright, let's finish this."

***Four Months Later***

I rushed out of the house, carefully dodging the large piles of snow that had gathered on my walk, and sped to the mail. Eagerly I flipped through the envelopes until my eyes fell on large one with Peninsula College embellished on top.

"Oh my God." I whispered as my eyes fell across the contents of the letter. I grabbed my keys and sped off to a house I knew very well. I barely remembered to take the keys out of the car and stumbled my way to the door and knocked obnoxiously. The snow continued to fall in perfect flakes as if to add to the moment.

Jake answered the door in a pair of sweat pants, his hair was a mess and I knew he must have just woken up. "I got in!" I yelled with as much excitement as someone who had one the lottery.

Jake's eyes lit up and he pulled me into him, "I'm so happy for you." He pulled back slightly and pressed his lips firmly against my own. My knees weakened and I was lucky that he was holding me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. After a few heated moments, we pulled apart.

I laughed, "I can see that."

"Have you told anyone else?"

I shook my head, allowing my long hair bounce. It was well past my shoulder blades now, but Jake said he liked it like this, so I kept it long and curly. I pushed my newly cut bangs away from my eye, "I came straight over here as soon as I opened it."

"You're going to be a great teacher." Jake said once we were inside.

My face held a small smile, "I hope I am."

A few moments of comfortable silence passed before Jake turned to me with such a serious expression that my heart jumped into my throat. But as seconds passed, his expression flickered into a much lighter one as if he made a new decision. "Will you have Christmas with us Clara?"

The flush on my face went down as the question returned my heart to it's typical beat, "Of course I will."

A few hour passed that involved us watching television and discussing our gift ideas for the pack members. In my mind I had planned something for Josh and Dan, who I hadn't heard from since my birthday. It had me a little worried, but being with Jake for the last four months made it the best time of my life. I had got a job at Sarah Oak's bakery, and I discovered I had quite the knack for designing cakes. But I burnt every type of bread she tried to teach me a bake, and my pies were often too bitter or too sweet. However, Jake told me they were all delicious.

He walked me outside at three when I needed to leave. "I'll call you tonight."

I smiled softly, as he leaned forward and captured my lips in a sweet kiss. I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his stomach, trying to capture as much heat as I could, when something cold smashed into my neck.

"Seth Clearwater!" I yelped when I caught him on a near by snow mound.

"Come on Clara, you can't be a real shape shifter?" He called from behind the mount.

I glared at him; "I'll get you back for this!"

And thus, the snowball fight of the season began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Every single commenter is amazing, and I want to thank you all. Her life is going so well, don't you think? But when something is perfectly good there has to be something perfectly wrong coming, right?
Butterflysmile
winddancerx17
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
mpeanut2015
MorningDoveofLight
XOXloveangelXOX
TechnicolorFaze

There is less than ten chapters left. Sequel anyone?