Status: Completed

The Special Two

Or Lie to Save Their Face

"You're a jack ass!" I screamed across the driveway and wiped off the frozen ball of crap on my face. The snowball fight had been going on for about an hour now, and I was soaked fully head to toe. It was Jake, Leah and I against Seth, Quil and Embry.

Quil smirked and balled up a massive pile of snow, "Don't hate me because you can't keep up!"

Of course, all the others just laughed when they got smacked with a giant frozen ball of water. They had body temperatures that could roast marshmallows for God's sake.

I hid behind our fort and pulled my knees in close as Leah and Jake took over, large snowballs smacked into bushes and nearby trees. I stayed down as the snow came at a faster pace when an idea clicked. I shivered and laughed in short bursts, attracting Jake's attention and he simply smirked.

My body stayed on the ground as ten massive clumps of snow were balled into perfect frozen circles without the use of hands. They floated just below our protective fort and I quickly turned around to survey the field, all three wolves were up and far away from their safety zone. With a simple thought, I sent the snowballs flying towards them. My laugh rang through the 'war zone' as they all three stood stunned before eight eyes landed directly on me.

"Clara!" Quil roared and shook his body in a very doggish style, the water from the melted snowball scattered across the driveway.

I clutched my sides and turned back around to lean against the fort, sending more snowballs flying towards random parts of their side. "Don't hate me because you can't keep up!" I said in between fits of laughter.

So I sat there gleefully chucking snowballs without lifting a finger and smiled at how clever I thought I was. The yard got quiet; my eyes darted around my surroundings only to find that everyone on my team disappeared.

"Jake?" I called, and turned around to find that Seth and his team were gone too. My legs, which shook from the cold or fear, lifted me up and I walked into the woods.

I desperately tried to see through the large clumps of snow that fell to the moist Earth, "Leah?"

Frustrated and freezing, I pushed through the branches at a quicker pace. My shoes sunk into the snow and created footprints that seemed to disappear as soon as they were made. My breathing increased rapidly as I moved underneath branch after branch, when one smacked my hand with too much force and it drew blood. It wasn't painful at all, but since the change I had bled a purely silver liquid and that was more acidic than before. The blood clumped in my hand due to the freezing temperature, I looked helplessly around the icy wonderland.

"Piss." I muttered and kept my hand away from my clothes. Vampires get rock hard skin, werewolves heal quickly, and Infinitus get acidic blood. Seriously, how is that fair?

I continued to travel through the woods until it became too dense for me to move through without directions. My sigh came out as a white puff. Stupid werewolves. The brown and white were blurring together as I moved my body forward, towards the Black's house. The snow fell like a blizzard now, and I had to constantly blink my eyes to see clearly. I pushed through the last part of the woods and let out a scream.

I crushed my eyes shut as my heart skipped and beat erratically in my chest. I sweat despite the cold. My breathing was heavy and irregular and when I opened my eyes my heart sunk in my chest at the sight.

Four wolves were scattered across the yard like dolls in a child's room. Their bodies were rigid and I felt the tears well up in my eyes and I looked down. My entire body was covered in snow. It was just a prank, I thought and my face flushed from the sudden surge of emotion. The tears dried and I looked at the scattered beings with disgusts and anger that replaced my sympathy.

"What the hell Clara!" Leah shouted, and a wheeze followed quickly. She got up slowly as if she had done an intense workout the day before.

My eyes flickered over to her distressed form, "What the hell?" I snarled, "You scared me half to freaking death you mutt!'

I felt myself get angrier with every passing second and the other three wolves emerged, each with their own complaint.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"It was just snow, Jesus!"

"That freaking hurt!"

I closed my eyes and breathed through my nose slowly and clenched my hands. I heard the breeze rush towards me before the cold bit at my face. It was a technique Josh taught me from back before my birthday to keep my emotions in control. My heart rate slowed and I continued the process, "You. Scared. Me." I stated as calmly as I could, and a hint of apology touched my tone.

I thought it was safe to open my eyes, "You being some emotional wreck doesn't mean you should go and power punch us across the yard!"

"What do you expect when you sneak up on me?" I said back to Seth, my anger raised the volume of my voice.

His eyes turned dark and his body trembled, "For you to scream like a normal person."

"Well I'm sorry I'm not normal. When my friends disappear and I'm in the woods alone all I can think about is Alina's still out there. It was just an instinct!'

"Jesus, Clara!” Seth said in short breaths before his sister came over and put a hand on his shoulder. It seemed to calm him down a bit. My anger drained out of me when the wolf’s eyes were light brown again.

I pushed some snow off my legs and arms, “I’m sorry. It was instinct, I wouldn’t have done it if I had known it was you.”

“It’s okay.” Embry said and walked across the ‘battlefield’. “I would have kicked your ass too.”

I laughed and shook my head, the cold made me shiver. “You would have melted the snow. You could be shirtless out here and it wouldn’t bother you a bit.”

“Yeah, I could. But you can shift into Megan Fox, so I think we’re even.” He said with a broad grin.

Quil barked a laugh from his place next to Seth, “Are you saying that you wish you could be Megan Fox?”

Embry turned pink, “No!” He defended angrily. “That would mean Clara would want to be out here without a shirt on.”

The three wolves became silent and I slapped Embry in the arm. “You would like that, wouldn’t you?”

The three boys laughed and Leah rolled her eyes in disgust, which made me laugh. “Yeah right, Jake would kick our asses. We know better than to cross an imprint.”

The two others nodded at Seth’s words and I laughed again. “Speaking of which, where did I fling him?”

I continued to chuckle as I looked around.

“What do you mean? He wasn’t in on this. We thought he was with you.”

Leah’s words made my heart sink and I panicked. “This isn’t funny. Seriously. Where is he?”

She walked over to me with face full of concern, “He really wasn’t with us Clara.”

My gray eyes shot across the house and landed on the woods. My feet carried me there before my brain could register the motion. The blood pounding in my ears muted any other sounds. The trees were blurring past me as I continued on, and my heart ached with each breath. I realized that I was yelling his name. My legs quickened their pace when the calls went without a response. The world became blurry as my eyes continued to scan. The woods were darker now, and I knew I shouldn’t be there. I kept running towards an unknown place. Branches and leaves were thrown up as I passed, disrupting the eerie setting that lied before me. The dense snow was plowed like warm butter. A sound pulled me out of my trance and I stopped dead in my tracks. It vibrated through every muscle that was wired up in my body.

It was a wolf's howl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are coming slowly, if at all. It's okay to be a silent reader though. It either means that I epically fail at writing now, or most of you are too lazy to write even a simple comment. Either way I'm a little depressed.

This chapter is for you:
XOXloveangelXOX
Calling Back
winddancerx17
octoberlover_1014