Status: Completed

The Special Two

You Know I Will Not Let You Down

The small tree stood to the left of the fireplace with lights glittering like stars in the sky. Candy canes clung to the branches with their twisted colors. The glorifying angel sat appropriately at the top of my three-foot Christmas tree. Yeah, I certainly did have a perfect Christmas tree.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas there is just one thing I need," My voice carried the tune, it might have been very off key, but it resembled the tune nonetheless.

It was Christmas Eve; the reservation was lit up with brilliant decorations and lifted with the spirit of the holidays. I had gone to the Clearwater's for lunch and visited Billy later in the afternoon. All in all it wasn't a bad day, but I still just wanted to curl up in a ball. I was still worried about Jake; I was still missing him, blah blah blah. I hated feeling like this, it just sucked.

The spirit of Christmas hadn't engulfed my body. I didn't feel like singing Christmas carols around the rez, I didn't want to bake gingerbread houses and decorate them, nor did the Christmas specials on T.V. catch my attention. Everyone was with loved ones, snuggled up near the fire drinking eggnog. Christmas seemed like a rotten time. Bah humbug.

But don't get me wrong, I did try to have a jolly good time. I went with Paul to buy a tree, I decorated it by hand that very night. I had tried not to abuse my powers lately. Yesterday I shopped for last minute gifts and wrapped them in paper adorned with snowmen and reindeer. I called Joshua and Daniel and wished them a happy holiday, they weren't around much anymore. They claimed it was because I learned all that I had too. But I knew better. I wasn't done yet. Whatever purpose I'm here to fulfill isn't even close to over and they're trying to figure out what to do next. In the mean time, they're keeping their distance for safety.

But seriously, I'm not going to biologically manipulate their favorite body parts.

I put lights up, they were the colorful round kind. I'm not a big fan of the droopy white ones. Hell, I made a snowman with Seth a few days ago. Well, I suppose it was a snow woman because Seth had the maturity to put boobs on it. The house smelt like gingerbread thanks to the candles Emily had bought me. However due to my upbeat attitude and my striking resemblance to Mrs. Claus, most people had kept their distance. Again, bah humbug.

I pulled my black hair up into a bun and fastened it with the elastic band on my wrist. The color had grown on me over the past weeks. However the length did not. I knew Jake liked it long but it was just too much work. Yesterday I chopped it all off. The locks now fell just below my chin and it wasn't nearly as much work. My bangs were still considered long but I had those cut too, I didn't like my hair without bangs.

I curled up on the couch with a knit blanket and watched the fire dance in the fireplace. Christmas Eve was slowly turning into Christmas and I counted the days until I'd see my boyfriend again. I pictured Jake's muscular body in my mind wearing a holiday sweater and a Santa hat standing by my tree. I laughed mentally at the sight. My eyelids fluttered shut and my breathing slowed. Before I knew it, I was dreaming.

"Sweetie no!" I smiled and scolded the small boy, "Wait for Mommy to clean your hands before you touch Dad's present."

I pulled the child onto my hip and wiped his hands with paper towel. "Do you think Daddy will like my carwd?"

My eyes looked to my son and back to his card. He had spent all afternoon painting it and decorating it with stickers. There was three stick figures holding hands drawn in sharpie, which I had helped him with earlier, and paint everywhere. Batman and Spiderman pictures were placed randomly. My heart was warmed at the effort he had put into it.

I smiled at him, "Of course he will Sweet Pea, and I bet that he'll love that you did it all by yourself."

The four year old squirmed in my arms with a wicked grin on his face. I laughed at sat him back down and watched as he scurried out to the backyard to play on the swing set.

I was cleaning the mess on the table when a pair of warm arms wrapped around me. I blushed and leaned my head back against his chest.

"He's just like you, you know." We watched our son dive towards the swing and swing on his stomach with his arms wide apart. Even from inside the house we could hear his laughter, it was wolfish like his father's but it sounded more like a puppy's.

I felt his lips on my neck and smiled, "He's got your eyes, Beautiful, and your stubbornness. Not to mention your smarts."

I laughed and turned around to face Jake. "He's only three and half," I said with a small smile and pecked his warm lips.

His lips spread into that familiar wolfish grin and we stood there, wrapped in each other’s arms, "I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have a family like this."


My body jolted at the sound of a crash. My eyes popped open and scanned the dark room as the fire had gone out in the hours that I had slept. I sat up and wiped my eyes, "Who's there?"

No response. But what was I expecting? That whoever broke into my house to come out willingly and say a friendly hello? Earth to Clara, you're a moron.

Grumbling, I got up and walked carefully into the kitchen. The lights were off and I decided not risk stubbing a toe by searching for the light. My eyes adjusted to the dark so I didn't have to squint. I leaned against the counter with my arms crossed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something small dart from the dining room. Naturally I stomped in there and glanced around. Nothing was there besides the usual table and chairs. "Now come on!" I complained and walked back into the living room.

"I'm think I'm seriously going crazy," I muttered and my heart stopped.

That same wolfish grin spread across his gorgeous features, "Hey Beautiful."

My instincts took over then. I dropped the blanket that had been draped around my shoulders and ran towards my boyfriend. I practically tackled him in a hug and eagerly kissed him. His scent flooded through me and his warmth hit me all at once. His toned arms wrapped firmly around my waist and his warm lips smiled against my chapped ones. My heart leapt into my throat and my stomach did cartwheels.

"You're here." I sighed in happiness and rested my hands on his chest, "You're really here."

He didn't let go of me when he responded. "She's gone, forever."

I grinned and hugged him again, less spastic this time. I loved the way his arms fit perfectly around me. I loved how his scent reminded me off all my favorite outdoor activities. I smiled into the crook of his neck and his hand ran threw my new hair.

"You look sexy with short hair." He mumbled, causing all the worries that I had about him hating it to drift away from me.

"I love you." I said into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head, "I love you too."

I stepped back and looked at him. He had grown larger, if that was even possible. Jake was dressed simply in a pair of dark jeans and a gray cotton shirt. His dark hair was tussled, probably from running here. His warm chocolate eyes watched me carefully and his pink lips rested in a comfortable smirk.

“You know, it is Christmas.” He walked around to the other side of the couch, “It’s custom that you get gifts.”

I smirked and my eyes glittered, "Well who am I to break a custom?"

He threw me a wild grin that reached his eyes and grabbed something, I'm assumed it was my gift. The light hit him as he walked closer and the small body in his arms squirmed.

An audible gasp fell from my chapped lips, "A puppy? Aw, Jake he's so cute!"

My face flushed as his warm hands brushed mine to hand the Siberian husky over. "He's four weeks old. He'll keep you company when I have to go away."

I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face, I was beaming. My boyfriend was back and I got a puppy for Christmas. I mean, obviously my wish was to get Jake back home safe and sound. But what girl didn't want a puppy growing up? It's against our nature not to want them.

He was white with a black mask around his face and back, like he was wearing a cape. He rested comfortably in my arms and I pet his head softly. Jake leaned in, his lips brushed mine softly before pulling away.

We sat on the couch and his laced his fingers with mine, his warmth spread through my body making me shiver. For hours we talked about random things, how his trip was, my work, school, Simon (our new puppy), and how everyone else on the reservation was doing.

I cuddled up to Jake and absorbed as much of his heat as possible. I breathed in his scent and sighed, completely content. His hands ran through my hair and drew shapes on my exposed hips. The combination of excitement and his heat made my eyelids droop. I rested my head on his chest and placed a hand on his heart. I felt my pulse slow down and my breathing evened out. Jake's warm lips touched my forehead and heat rushed to my cheeks.

"Merry Christmas Clara."
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.

But wait...there's a SEQUEL.

I may or may not write it right away. I've got an idea for a new story, it'll be a very short one, but it's been nagging at me. I feel obligated to write it, even if I don't post it.

Thanks to those who commented on the last chapter:
PeaceOutDude123
LunaLovegoodq
Jasper_Lover
And a very special thanks to those who commented frequently, you really inspired me to finish my story.
This is my first story I've written and finished. So it can only get better from here, right? I look forward to reading your last comments. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed(: