Status: Completed

The Special Two

That You'll Be Scrupulous and One Day Even Make a Wife.

You know that feeling when you wake up at someone else’s house, but you don't remember going there? The feeling of panic where the cold air becomes crisp, and your brain attempts to process where you are in hopes of getting your heart rate down?

My eyes fluttered open after...a car accident? That seemed right. My chest would barely rise before my lungs decided they couldn't take in any more oxygen. But somehow I was managing to breathe normally despite all the pain.

The room was cold and smelt of cleaning products and rubbing alcohol. The walls were white with random wildlife photos tacked onto them. There was a calender to my left that had four days crossed off that I didn't remember. I had hard sheets in my hands; I managed to look down to see that I was in a bed on wheels.

I was in hospital.

I attempted to sit up, but yelped because it was too much for my muscles. My reaction caused the beeping machine next to me to speed up, and the machines next to it turn on. That machine made the cuff squeeze the life out of my arm, and the screaming began again.

I was in the middle of my mini-panic attack when Doctor Carlisle freakin' Cullen came in. Something about him being this close made my blood boil, but I was relieved when he made the pain go away by sticking a syringe into a tube that was attached to me.

"It's good to see you're awake Clara, how are you feeling today?" He asked while looking down at my charts.

"Well, I have about forty things stuck in me at the moment." My voice was hoarse and it hurt to talk, but like that would stop me from ranting. "I have no idea why I'm in here. And while machine's keeping beeping at me you're talking like things are all hunky dory." I whined, laying my head back.

The doctor chuckled and looked from the papers to me, "Are you done Ms. Robins?"

I thought about it, "You irk me." And after a moment of pause I added; "Now I'm done."

"Clara, I need to let you know that you've been in a car accident. Today is Friday, March 12. You've been in a coma-like state for the past four days."

"You didn't think I was going to wake up, did you?"

"A vampire named Alina drove you off the road, Clara." He spoke just loud enough so I could hear, "She knows what you are, and that's why she needed you to drown. If you recall your car swerved into a river."

I nodded, "Why?"

"We think it's because of Victoria-" I shook my head and cut him off.

"Why did I have to drown?"

"Clara..."

"Just tell me." I pleaded.

"Suffocation is the only way to kill you." He frowned and walked over to the door. Several people piled in and took awkward stances by the wall farthest from me. The La Push pack.

Today just isn't my day...

"Are you okay Clara?" I watched as Jake stepped forward and laid his gigantic warm hand on mine.

My heart fluttered. "I'm alive, so that's good." I gave a half-hearted smile which he returned with an uneasy one of his own before going back to the guys.

The tension in the room was almost unbearable, finally Carlisle cleared his throat.

"Clara, do you know what you are?"

"A shape shifter." My voice cracked and I started coughing. Carlisle reached to the bedside table and handed me a class of water.

"That's correct. But Clara, you're something different than the wolves behind me." He sounded almost pained as he continued; "Your kind has been dead for nearly two hundred years. Everyone thought the bloodlines had died out."

"What do you mean?"

"The scar on your arm only proves my hypothesis Clara," He took my limp arm in his cool hands. "In the eighteen-hundreds there was a tribe of shape shifters known as Infinitus, that's Latin for limitless. Infinitus were a collection of purebred savage shape shifters that can shift into anything they would like. Whether it is another human, an animal, or nothing at all." Doctor Cullen paused.

"I haven't turned into anything." I verified.

He nodded, "Each member had a gift that was unique to just them--just like vampires. These gifts were identified by the marks around the eye scar that each of them had. Judging by your scar Clara," Carlisle looked at my arm and then to his papers on his clipboard, which contained a variety of symbols that all had one thing in common, an eye. "You're gift pyschokinesis."

"That's so cool!" Embry called from the corner, earning several hard glares from the other inhabitants of the room. I forgot that they were there, the room had felt empty despite their presence.

"W-what does that mean?" I croaked.

"You can move things with your mind." Seth said as he stepped towards me, his face was still cold. He was about to rant, I could feel it.

"The Infinitus was a tribe up in Alaska who shifted into beasts to kill the mixed breeds. You know those of us who have half human parents. This entire pack for instance. No one could ever catch them because they were always changing. They pretended to be people's parents, friends, and children. No one ever saw it coming. They were invincible." He growled.

I felt myself grow flustered as I managed to glare at Seth Clearwater, "If you haven't noticed Seth, I've gone seventeen years without killing anyone. If you haven't noticed, my Dad was a freakin' shape shifter in this tribe and died protecting it. If you haven't been paying attention because you were filling this huge ego of yours I'm in a damn hospital bed right now so I'm far from invincible."

"Yeah well you haven't shifted yet." Seth stated with his jaw clenched.

I sighed; the drugs were wearing off too quickly. The pain was starting to shoot back as I lay down. What's the point of morphine if it only lasts ten minutes?

"You know what Seth, whatever. I didn't shift when I was four and the scar was still there. You didn't care on Sunday before you saw the scar. Don't be afraid of things you don't understand." I croaked the last part and Carlisle pressed an oxygen mask over my nose and mouth.

Seth softened a little; something flashed across his eyes. My emotions were fuzzy; I was too drugged to hold up my walls I had worked so hard to build. I watched as Doctor Cullen went to push a needle into the tubes that were attached to me.

"Don't make me sleep." My voice was weak, and tears fell from my eyes. "What if I don't wake up?"

"Then it'll save us the trouble of taking care of you." I heard Paul whisper from the side.

My head whipped around, "Get out! All of you.” I screeched, and they filed out of the room. Salty tears were flowing freely now. Carlisle said something that I didn't bother to try and understand before he left.

"You're such an idiot Clara." I muttered and tried to wipe away the tears. The medicine was making me slip away. Everything turned fuzzy and sudden warmth flooded through my veins. Maybe it would be better for Carlisle to misuse the drugs that knock me out, because if I never wake up that means I can dream forever.

In my dreams I'm safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guess what?
You guys are awesome at subscribing and reading...but you suck at commenting, I'm not gunna lie.

So a big THANK YOU to:
BreathBeforeTheKiss
letssailintothesea.
kycoolgirl-loves-a7x

It's a lot for one chapter, I know. I hope you can handle it.

What do you guys think about Clara now?
COMMENT. (: