Status: Completed

The Special Two

You'd Never Dream to Cross

(Three Months Later)

I stood on the podium with my cap and gown, looking over the crowd before me. There was a sea of black with a shore of sobbing parents. I had managed to go throughout the remainder of the year completely unnoticed. My teachers knew me by the seat I sat in, and the students knew me by the accident I was in. Those who weren't so annoyingly persistent in the town's news easily identified me by the three silver scars the etched across my back. The La Push pack was the only place I felt that I belonged in any way, and even there I felt terrifyingly alone. Everyone knew of me, but no one really knew me.

If life was a puzzle, there's only one that I actually wanted to be a part of. I wasn't a corner piece like I was in the La Push pack, so easily placed yet so easily removed. I certainly did not resemble the jagged piece that you always leave out until the very end because it never fit in anywhere like I was with Sandra. In Jacob Black's world I was the center of the puzzle. The piece that, if it breaks, the entire puzzle would slowly rip apart. At least that's how he fit into my world; I'd like to think I fit into his the same way. Unfortunately, there was another puzzle piece that was trying to take my spot.

Bella.

Even though she is happily married to Edward Cullen, I see the way that Jacob looks at her. He swore to me he hasn't imprinted and I believe him, but you can have more than one love of your life because your life is constantly changing. Your life is now, not before or after. For Jacob Black, Bella Cullen was his before and now. Even I couldn't see myself as his after, though I constantly placed myself in his puzzle. Would I ever make the picture whole?

I walked up to the teacher whom I never had, to receive my diploma and waved aimlessly to the crowd with tight smile. My mom wasn't here. I guess I didn't expect her to be, but how could a mother miss her only child's high school graduation? How could she just completely cut off contact, and start her life over again, as a middle aged adult? This isn't the movies, people can't just jump up and ditch everything they had. She won't magically reappear either, saying that she made a huge mistake. That's she's a better person. My mom is long gone and I just had to accept it.

I forced a smile towards the teacher and shook his hand firmly. The man's blue eyes seemed puzzled as he made a quick effort to place me in his categorized mind. But I didn't fit there, although I could make myself. Oh yes, I've learned that I can make myself fit any where I'd like to with a thought. I could become anyone I'd want to become but I tried not to let my gift get the best of me like my ancestors did. I wouldn't let it control my mind, my mind has to control it.

On the subject of levitation however...that one controlled itself, specifically when I slept. One night about two months ago, Seth was on watch and he heard a noise from my room so he went to go investigate it. This was right around the time Seth started to trust me again. Instead of walking into a room with a savage vampire, he walked into a room full of levitating objects. He flipped out and screamed, which woke me up and caused everything to drop. Seth and I haven' t been on the best terms since then.

"Clara!"

I smiled when I saw Emily approaching, she was getting married in just a few short weeks.

"Hey Em." She pulled me into a hug while Sam caught up with her. Her cheeks were wet and her soft brown eyes were rimmed with tears, "I'm so proud of you."

My heart twitched a little, I wasn't used to hearing that. I nodded and gave her tight smile.

"Congratulations Clara, you're a grown up now." Sam through an obnoxious grin my way and pulled me into a hug. I gladly accepted this bone-crushing gesture.

"So, just one week 'till the wedding, you nervous?" I smiled, my curls bounced from side to side as I giddily jumped for joy. Over the past few months, Sam and Emily took a mother and father role in my life that I hadn't expected was possible.

Emily look up at Sam with eyes that only held adoration. "Not at all."

Sam smirked and gave her a quick kiss, "No PDA please! I'm too innocent!"

They laughed while I kept my eyes covered, and Sam and Emily made obnoxious smooching noises. All jokes aside, I was really happy for them. It's not everyday that two people fall so desperately in love with one another. Imprinting aside, it was still pretty amazing.

"I hate you both." I said once they stopped and I uncovered my eyes.

Emily stuck out her tongue in a very immature fashion before saying that they had to leave to finish up plans for their wedding.

I returned my gown to the appropriate place and strolled back to my car. The sun beat down on my bare arms and I embraced it's warmth of the beautiful day. There was a slight breeze that moved my curls back and forth. I decided to let my hair grow out and it now hung past my shoulders. I hadn't had it this long since I was a kid.

"Congratulations, Clara." I grinned and turned around,

"Jacob." He smirked and I ran into his arms.

"I didn't think you were coming." I mumbled into his chest, I had gotten over the fact that he smelt a little like a wet dog. I'll admit that I had looked for Jake in the crowd but I couldn't find him.

"I wouldn't miss my best friends graduation." I pulled back and smiled, stepping back a little to create a friendly distance.

"Why do you smell funny?" I asked after a moment of silence. "You smell like--"

"--I was at Bella's--"

"--vampires." We said at the same time. Jacob laughed.

"But it's fresh." I said with my head cocked to the side, "You would have just had to be there for me to catch it." I laughed a little.

"Yeah." He said with a shrug of his shoulders under the dressy shirt. I stared at his tanned features. Jake's eyes were hesitant but his body was completely relaxed under his formal attire. A dark blue button up with a pair of khaki pants. His hair was wind blown from the run he had to make to get here.

"What color was the back drop Jake?" I asked with my arms placed across my chest and my eyebrows raised.

He laughed, "What?"

"You said you wouldn't miss my graduation, since you were obviously there, what color was the back drop on the stage?" I repeated.

Jake's features fell and he ran his hand through his raven hair, "Blue?"

"You jack ass." I spat and moved backwards, "You didn't come to see the graduation did you?"

He attempted to speak, but I didn't give him enough time.

"No, you didn't. Instead you went over to Bella's, and don't even try that whole 'she needs protection' crap. She's a freakin' vampire Jacob. No one's even after her anymore! You promised you would come. But instead, being the genius you are, you thought it'd be okay to just run over to Bella's. Maybe you could just come to the end and make me believe you were there for the whole thing. What's the difference, right?"

"But Clara I--"

"You know what Jake, just forget it. I'll see you later." My heels clicked against the concrete and I jumped in my car. The last thing I saw was Jacob Black standing in the parking lot with his head hanging low.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't get hardly any comments...what's up with that? Anywho, I'm sick today and randomly got inspired. What do you guys think about Jake's loyalty to Bella?

A GIANORMOUS thanks to:
XOXingridXOX (You're a repeat commenter, I love it!)
TechnicolorFaze
Jezzikuhrrr