Status: Finished (:

Another Night, Another Score

Why Do We Like To Hurt So Much?

Alex

I had a blanket over myself, and a pillow under my head on the couch in front of the TV. Jack came in, and threw a card at me. "Might wanna call that number. If you don't, I will" he sternly said, taking his jacket off and making his way to the kitchen. I sighed and picked up the card.

Dr. Tom Barnes
871-6947
Rehabilitation Center Of Baltimore


I stared at it intently and picked up my phone. The band wouldn't go on without me, or more like, sober me. I dialed the number and let it ring. It rang three times before a lady picked up.

"Dr. Barnes office,this is Olivia speaking, how may I help you?"

My hands starting to shake, and I started to break a sweat. I shouldn't be this nervous. I'm Alex Gaskarth. Come on Alex. Speak up.

"Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?" she asked before hanging up. I pressed the end button on my phone and sighed. I looked over and saw Jack leaning in the doorway.

"I know it's hard Alex, but you've gotta do it. For the sake of the band, for the sake of getting better, for the sake of you getting over Lisa"

"How much of that did you see?"

"Everything"

I sighed and pushed the blankets off myself, heading to my bedroom where clothes were scattered across the floor, along with sheet music. I looked over and saw Sebastian sleeping. I closed the door, and his eyes popped open. He started to run around the room, and jumped up onto my legs, and petted him, he was energetic and breathing heavily. He walked off, and went to play with some of his toys.

&&&

Dani

I walked into the Rehabilitation Center of Baltimore and sighed, walking up to the front desk.

"Uh, hi. I'm here to, uh, get help?"

"Alright sweetie, I'm Olivia. What's your name, and what do you need help with?"

"My name is Danielle Robinson, but you can call me Dani, and I think I have a drinking problem"

She typed a few things into the computer and handed me a sheet. "Fill out this form, give it back to me, and I'll see when I can get you in to talk to Dr. Barnes" she smiled.

"Alright, thank you" I smiled weakly, taking the sheet, clipboard, and pen. I sat down in a chair, and looked at the sheet.

1. What would you like to get help with?

My drinking problem

2. When did you realize you needed help?

A few days ago, the morning after a party

3. What do you think is causing this problem?

Moving, stress, my mother's death

4. When did you first start with drugs, drinking, etc.?

A few days after I moved to Baltimore, I went to a club

5. How long has this problem gone on?

About two weeks

Thank you for completing the RCOB survey!

I bit my lip, and handed the survey in to Olivia. "Thank you very much. Dr. Barnes can see you tomorrow at 3:00. Have a safe day, Dani" she smiled.

"Thank you" I said quietly and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading!
Feedback is appreciated : )
-Kennedy

Title Credit: Paramore- That's What You Get