Status: Finished (:

Another Night, Another Score

I Could Do Worse, And You Could Do Better

3rd person

Dr. Barnes sighed as he ran his fingers through his now graying hair, it reminded him of the times when his ex-wife used to do that, but of course that is history now. His ex-wife or wife at the time left him for a younger and richer man, stating that he had changed he had become depressing around her, she also said to him that he doesn’t make her happy anymore.

Thats was the line that broke his heart, his wife would always say that no one could make her happy like he used to. Dr. Barnes just didn’t know what to do anymore he didn’t know where else to go in life.

When you are young you always have dreams and ambitions for yourself when you become an adult whether it was profession wise or relationship wise. But Dr. Barnes is now at the peak of his success so he is stuck there and relationship wise, who is going to want to marry a man in his fifties except for money?

So instead of focusing on his own problems he like to help others, Dr. Barnes works ten hours a day, everyday. Only remembering his own problems once he back home, hence why he is trying to help Alex and Dani to get back on track.

It breaks his heart that two young adults who are so talented and still have so much to do for the world are addicted.

As Dr. Barnes looked over his notes he sees the huge amount of progress Dani had since she had came to him. Where as Alex had gotten close to no where, with a twinkle in his eye be closed Dani’s and Alex’s profile he sat back in his leather seat and sighed contently, he knows exactly what to do.
___________

“WHAT?!” Alex screamed jumping up from his seat, glaring at his therapist, not being able to believe his ears.

“You want me to send at lease 48 hours a week with her he said suddenly deathly calm.

"That is correct" Dr. Barnes replied crossing his arms over his chest, and looking at Alex. Alex sighed. "Do you not like Danielle?" he quipped an eyebrow at Alex.

"No, no. Dani is an awesome chick. It's just that I have better things to do" Alex glared at him and rolled his eyes.

"If you're talking about your band, then let me ask you this, Alex. Isn't your band the ones that put you in here with me?" he asked him. Alex scoffed at Dr. Barnes question.

"Was that supposed to be rhetorical? And no, in fact, I wasn't talking about my band. I was talking about having a life out of this stupid place" he spat, and sat up in his seat. Dr. Barnes sighed in frustration. "Look, is there a different way we could solve this?"

"I don't know what else to do with you Alex. You've made so little progress at this point. Could you please just make this easier on both of us, and go on with this plan?" Dr. Barnes pleaded. Alex stared at him.

"It may make it easier on you, but not me. The only reason I'm here, is because I have a chance of getting kicked out of my band, and losing friends if I don't do these sessions with you. And adding this girl to a my world of mess won't do anything on her. But because I want to get out of here, I'll do it" Alex ranted.

He picked up his jacket of the coat rack, and walked out of the office. He twirled his key chain around his fingers, and stepped out into the fresh Baltimore air. He shook his head and made his way over to his car. There was no doubt that once Dani got to actually know Alex, she'd regret agreeing with Dr. Barnes to spend time with Alex.

In Alex's head, thoughts were bouncing around and it felt as if he was about to blow up, and rip his hair out. He couldn't concentrate on everything, he was so confused about his emotions, but he tried to keep his attention on the road as much as he could. What if things didn't work? Would he be out of All Time Low?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys!
Sorry for lack of updates and shortness of the chapter.
This chapter was written by both of us.
We appreciate feedback.
TC: Beside You-Marianas Trench
-Joyce and Kennedy : )