Status: Finished (:

Another Night, Another Score

You and I Walk a Fragile Line

Dani hadn't been answering her phone for over a week now, and Alex was starting to get worried. Everybody has also started to see changes in Alex. He slept until 12 a.m, and only came out of the bus when it was time for All Time Low's set. He called Dani all day, begging for her to answer. But by now, she had probably gotten a new number. All that, plus, they were scared the boy was going to drink himself to death. Literally. It was the Lisa incident all over again. Everybody knew it, Dani was done with Alex. Alex did too, but he just didn't want to except it.

Dani had moved out of Alex's house the day after the last time she talked to Alex, the time she figured out he had started drinking once again. Kara gladly helped her by taking the house and the dogs into her own hands, feeling Dani's pain. Kara knew what it felt like to be broken hearted, she new Dani needed time.

"Get up, Alex" Zack sternly said, standing over Alex's bunk. Alex jumped, and awakened, rubbing his eyes.

"Where are we going?" Alex asked in a groggy, tired voice. Alex was in no condition to go anywhere his head pounded against his skull, Alex turned around and laid back down on his bunk this time facing the wall of the bunk. Zack rolled his eyes.

"Never mind, just get dressed" Zack replied, knowing Alex will get up. As he walked away while spinning the car keys around his finger. Flyzik always brought one car with them on tour, so they could do things like go out to dinner, and stalk up on food for the bus at a local grocery store.

Alex came out after about twenty minutes, with his hair disheveled, a red and black plaid shirt on, with some skinny jeans, and Nikes. He threw on his grey beanie, and Zack took him out to the car.

"Where are we going?" Alex repeated his voice still groggy. Zack just looked at Alex and shook his head before starting the car.

"To get you closure."

Alex was confused, but asked no more questions. He knew Zack wouldn't answer them anyways, and only thought of what could possibly happen. The two drove just outside of the town they were touring in. Zack parked the car at a small restaurant. As Alex peered through the clear glass doors of the restaurant, he saw Dani looking at him, straight in the eye sadly, with pain, and hurt, sanding in the parking lot.

Alex could almost cry, as soon as he was able to get the seat belt off, he pulled open the car door and zoomed to where Dani was standing.

"Dani! You haven't been answering your phone for weeks! What are you doing here?"

Dani shook her head and laughed bitterly, looking down, and then back up at Alex. She was getting teary eyed.

"Yeah, well. Whenever I answer a call from you, you're usually drunk" she scoffed.

Suddenly something snapped in Alex, no longer did he felt guilty, no longer did Alex feel like he should be chasing after Dani.

"I'll wait in the car, Alex" Zack whispered in his ear. Alex nodded, he didn’t even realize Zack came out of the car.

"You know what Dani? I'm sick of you tying me down. I should be able to drink as much as I fucking want. It's my fucking life!" He argued. " I didn't get the memo you could tell me what to do all the time!"

“I am not tell you what to do! I also didn’t say you can’t drink what so ever, I just want you to stop drinking as much as you do! A drink once in a while is fine!” Dani argued back.

“I like to drink and I will do it whenever I please!”

“Have fun doing that! We, are over!” Dani screams

“Good, you were just holding me back anyways!”

“From what?! Killing yourself?!”

Alex ignored Dani, he just turned around and started to walk away, that day he walked away from the parking lot where the girl of his dreams stood, he was ready to leave his past behind.

In an interview five years later Zack said to a magazine, he could have sworn he saw Alex’s life slip away from him in that moment, the sparkle in his eyes were gone. Alex was never the same after that, he no longer smiled, at shows he just didn’t care. Alex was either high or drunk on stage.

“But, I do suppose that was to happen,” Said Zack “After the band broke up Jack continued to JAGK and made it even bigger and now look at him, he owns hotels and does real-estate in manhattan! Rian got settled down and got married, he is now expecting his second child in June, he lives a comfortable life is a producer. And finally here I am with my record label.”

“What about Alexander Gaskarth? What ever happened to him?” The woman with the mic asked.

“After the band broke up he was still doing drugs and drinking, none of us had heard from him for about a year and finally sometime in May about three or four years ago he had called Jack and Dani telling them that he was done with drugs, he was done with drinking and was putting himself into rehab.”

“Oh really?” The woman said with surprised, she leaned forwards, clearly interested, “And what happened afterwards?”

“He got himself cleaned up, started a solo act and is now trying to get signed. He is right now doing really well for himself.” Zack said with a large smile.

“Is Alex and the rest of the members of All Time Low still friends with each other?”

“Yeah, we hang out from time to time, whenever all four of us have time.” Zack continues to smile, as he remembers he and the guys were getting together next Friday.

“What about Alex and Dani? Are they now back together? If not, where is she right now?”

“They are not back together, and I am not sure if they ever will, but Dani is a close friend to the rest of us, and comes visits us a couple times a month, she recently went back to school and is currently in her second year for psychology.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END

half of this was written by kennedy. (:

thank you guys so much for following this story, I know the last couple of chapters took a while to come out, but thats my fault.

jerseyxemoxgirl Thank you so much (: you followed this story from beginning to end and commented on every single chapter (:
SpinningInCircles You too, thank you so much for following the story as long as you did (:
generation.nothing.
Hello My Name Is...
imXstillXfalling6
Sierra17
PassionateWriter1
BlissfulNightmare;
xXFngrOnTheTriggrXx (: thank you so much for all the comments, a lot of them made me laugh xD
tq6776
ReganBarakat
Slow Down Sisky
LicensetoloveXx

I also want to thank Kennedy for helping me while I was writing parts of this story, I wanted to stop writing this story so many times, to just give up and tell Kennedy I can't do this anymore but she kept pushing me (: thank you so much

so what did you guys think?