Utopia

Beginnings

He flexed his fingers first. Then he moved his arms. Inhabiting a human body was nothing like what he remembered. It was going to take a lot of getting used to. He stretched hi legs next. They muscles responded accordingly. Perfectly. It wasn't his old human body then. As a human, he had lost a foot at the age of fifteen from having a canon ball dropped on it during a fight. The doctor had been forced to amputate it. What a crock that supposed doctor had been. Then again, knowing what he did of this day and age, most all doctors in his time had been crocks. He began to sit up a a gentle had pressed into his shoulder. "Watch yourself, you might get dizzy if you try to sit up too fast," a woman's voice informed him.

He slowly opened his eyes and his vision was graced with the sight of a woman he would have thought was an angel in another life. Now, he knew her to be a woman, a very beautiful woman. A grin spread over his face at the sight of her. "Get the thought out of your mind boy," another voice growled, male and sharper. "She's spoken for." He recognized the voice and his brow furrowed in confusion. His eyes alighted on the man in question and his jumped, flipping backwards over his bed and landing in a position ready to fight. His eyes were narrowed and shining with a dark purpose. "Stay back!" He ordered firmly not daring to move for fear he would miss some sign from the other man.

The man sighed and rubbed his temples. "Honestly, we would get stuck with a navy boy from my time wouldn't we?" he asked looking at the woman who chuckled softly.

She rested a hand on his arm and stood there until he started to relax and look at her. "You don't have to fear Raven," she assured him gently. "He's my husband, guardian angel, and the Head of Security for the Academy. He hasn't been anything like you remember him for a long time."

His brow furrowed in confusion. "A pirate becomes a guardian angel? You'll have to tell me that story someday."

Raven nodded curtly. "Another time though, now we have other affairs to attend to. Your charge will be arriving soon. I want you situated and oriented to the school and her roommate's guardians before she does come. You are to greet her and her family at the gate. When you introduce yourself, do not mention that you are her guardian or that you even are a guardian angel until you are alone with her. Is that understood?"

He arched an eyebrow at the man's hard tone, but he nodded compliance instead of objecting. Stephen knew that he was young, but he wasn't stupid. Besides the fact that Raven was a good six inches taller than he with enough muscle to likely crush Stephen in two. Add to the fact that he could use his powers probably better than Stephen could. It was better to not risk it. He would like to live to have a chance to defend his charge. He would rather not have to be one of the few guardians who was killed and relieved by their second. It would be a shame.

"I understand completely sir. Now, if you will lead the way please. As you said, my charge will be here soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
And thus our story begins! Please don't be too confused! Things will be explained as we go one. And throw out any preconceived notions you have of angels, sorcerers, witches, necromancers, and all of that. This storyline kind of ignores that and goes under a different theory/idea. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Please Comment/Subscribe too!