Utopia

Arrivals

Trina shivered violently as another spasm made it's way painfully through her body. She fell limp, as soon as it was over, relishing in the momentary release from the pain that had been tormenting her for nearly a month. She had didn't know what was happening to her, and she didn't why; all she knew was that she wanted it to stop, and she wanted it to stop immediately.

"It's alright, love. It'll all be over soon." her mother crooned softly, pressing a cool wet cloth against her feverish brow. In her current state, however, she couldn't make out a single word coming from her mother beautiful crimson lips.

The old blue pick up truck her father was driving hit a large pothole, the sudden motion triggering yet another seizure. She groaned pitifully.

Her parents were desperate. They were doing the only thing they had left to try. They were taking her to some mysterious place referred to as 'The Academy' where they would have to sign over custody of their precious daughter. The people at the Academy swore that they could heal her, but that she would have to stay under their protection for several long years. Normally Mr. and Mrs. Carter would never agree to such a dreadful thing, but after countless doctors and hospitals had pronounce her incurable, they felt they had no other option. Their girl was close to death, and they knew it. They didn't have time to hesitate any longer.

They pulled up in front of a large iron gate. Beyond that gate they could see the outline of a gigantic building, more like a castle than anything, and large empty fields of fresh green grass. Even in her current state, Trina was captivated. She tried to push herself up out of her mother's lap for a better look, but after several failed attempts she just gave up.

'I can't wait till I'm well enough to explore this place." she found herself thinking. "Bet there are a lot of great adventures to be had here." She was always looking for a good adventure to keep her occupied and what better place to get an adventure than a huge Gothic style castle?

Her father quickly jumped out of the car and ran around the other side to open the door for his daughter. Once it was open, he gently scooped his little girl into his arms. She felt painfully light. Since the seizures had begun she hadn't been able to eat much and she had lost a frightening amount of weight in the last month.

"Mr. Carter?" a boy of around sixteen, the same age as Trina, said, just barely audible. The boy seemed to appear from no where. Mr. Carter, could only nod, words having failed him. "I will take her from here."

He took the girl out of her fathers arms easily. More out of reflex than any conscious thought, Trina snuggled in close to his chest.

"Take care of my girl." Her mother choked out between sobs.

"Of course. She will be safe with me." The boy then turned and left the parents to their quiet sobbing. In a matter of moments he and Trina were through the gate and on their way up to the castle.

The instant Trina was on the opposite side, the pain ceased and she could think clearly again. Her blue-gray eyes met his emerald ones and it felt as though her heart was melting. He was the most beautiful creature she had ever seen.

One question lay heavily upon her lips, and she fought hard to keep it back. Sadly she lost, and uttered what she considered to be the most embarrassing thing to ever escape her tongue.

"Are you an angel?"

The boy just looked down at her and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, second chapter done.

Whatcha guys think? It isn't very long, but they will get longer! I'm just getting the feel of the story right now.

Comments=love