Utopia

Wrath of the Raven

"Raven! You don't understand. This girl saved my life. I couldn't just leave her there to die!" Alex tried, for what must have been the millionth time, to reason with Raven. He just didn't see the justice in harming an innocent girl just because she was a witch.

"Be that as it may, Gibson, you know better than to bring a witch here! She cannot be trusted. For all we know, she could run back to the other witches, with our whereabouts and there will be a mob here before dawn. Do you not understand?"

"I understand just fine, Raven, but she isn't like that. She doesn't live with other witches or anything. She wouldn't run back to them! And besides, if you let me take her somewhere safe now, before she wakes up, she won't know our whereabouts!"

Alex was yelling now. Not a wise move. In fact, it was actually quite stupid, but he didn't care. This girl was important to him.

"She's a witch. It wouldn't be too hard for her to figure out a way back. I know you feel in debt to this girl, but we can't let her live. Would you really want to risk the lives of everyone here at your home for one girl?"

Raven was trying to pull a guilt trip. It might of worked, too, if Alex didn't absolutely hate everyone and everything about the Academy.

"Why not? No one wants me here anyway."

He whispered it, not really intending for Raven to hear. However, the way he tensed up, Alex knew his comment had struck a nerve.

"Maybe Gibson, you aren't wanted here, but you are accepted. This has been your home for years. Since your parents' deaths. You really want to throw all that away? Where will you go?"

Alex just smiled. "Home? You expect me to regard this place as home? I may have lived here since I was eight, but this place has never been my home! The only home I have ever known was with my father and my witch mother. I wouldn't even be here if you and your other guardian angel 'good guys' hadn't murdered her for no other reason than being a witch!"

Alex stood there, anger that had been boiling in him since he was a child finally bubbling over. He had always wanted to say that to Raven, ever since the day he had seen the angel standing over his dead parents, drenched in their blood. But he had never ever imagined he would actually get to say it.

"I ask you this now, Raven. A life for a life. Let her live, where you wouldn't let my mother."

"Your 'mommy' was a useless witch. I did the world a favor by eliminating her."

"This girl is different, Raven," Alex continued, ignoring the rude remark about his mother. "She saved my life. Does that mean nothing to you?"

It was Raven's turn to smile.

"It might, if your life was worth anything to begin with."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry guys!

A major ice storm knocked out my electricity. And no electricity means no computer which means no updates.

=(

and no, Raven isn't really a bad guy, it's just, like most other Angels and Sorcerers, he can't stand Necros and Witches. He's still a good person

=)