Utopia

Awakening

She wasn't sure if she ever actually expected to wake up. She wasn't sure what she was expecting when her mind began to piece itself back together. She had known that she had been with the boy, with her friend she had saved. Her uncle was going to kill her. She probably should have felt something like guilt for worrying her family. She should have felt something, anything for the things they were going through and on some level she did. Especially for her aunt. Diane wouldn't understand and when she did, she was going to be furious and worried. She felt terrible for that. She loved her family, she did, but there were some things she just couldn't let happen.

Her breathing began to change as she slowly came to. She could hear people talking. Two voices talking. Her head wasn't throbbing or anything like that. She didn't groan, but a soft sigh escaped her lips. She opened her eyes slowly. She wasn't sure what time of day it was. Her mind wasn't quite up to processing that type of information just yet. She was just trying to focus on her body. She was a little stiff, but that might just be from whatever position that she had been lying in. She wasn't in pain, which was a comfort, but also a question to her. Maybe she should pinch herself. Would it hurt if she had died and then she tried to pinch herself? She wasn't sure. She wasn't too eager to find out either. Instead, she thought (for the first time actually) that maybe opening her eyes would be the best course of action.

She saw a face outlined by a dying fire and light filtering through trees. Her brow furrowed in confusion. What had she missed. She hadn't been surrounded by trees last time. "What happened?" she murmured bringing up her hand slowly to rub her forehead.

"Oh you're awake!" A girl's voice said. Willa turned her head to see a girl about her own age or maybe a little younger with brown hair and a bright smile. "Alex hasn't let go of you once. He must be really worried about you. Willa looked up and realized that the face above her was the boy, Alex's. He must have fallen asleep too, because he hadn't moved or said a word yet. "I'm Trina," the girl said grabbing Willa's attention once again.

"I'm Willa," she said slipping out of Alex's grasp and sitting up. She bit her lip as she looked at him. She couldn't imagine it was comfortable in that position, but what could she do. She did the only thing she could think of and whispered a spell before touching him. She felt the magic jump between the two of them and smiled.

"What was that?" Trina asked furrowing her brow.

Willa smiled at the girl. "It was just a little spell. When he wakes up, he shouldn't feel sore or stiff. My little gift to him," she explained. Willa bit her lip. "You'll have to forgive me if this sounds rude, but you're a sorceress aren't you? So...where is your guardian angel?" As if on cue, a boy came from the sky landing next the fire and between Willa and Trina, wings spreading from his back.

That answered her question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright! I hope you enjoyed this!

Comments? Subscriptions?