Utopia

Assault, Insult, Result

Stephen was awake at least an hour before dawn. Sleeping had been nearly impossible for him. He had tried, but he was too worried about Katrina. She was his to watch over. How could he not be worried about her? She was his to watch over forever. Or rather, for as long as he was alive. He didn’t want to go down in history as one of the few guardians angels who had ever failed in their duties. He had messed up in his life once and he refused to do so again. As soon as there was a hint of light in the sky, Stephen was off the ground and in their air again, flying as fast as he could. His heart was pounding in his ears, but he could feel her too. Her heartbeat was growing stronger with every stroke of his wings. It gave him hope to hear that and feel that. It meant that she was still alive. It also meant that he was getting close.

With each stroke of his wings, her heart beat grew stronger. Stephen felt anticipation rush through him. He was so close. As long as they didn’t disappear again. He wasn’t sure he would be able to handle that. It didn’t mean that he would stop looking for her. After all, Stephen considered himself a man of honor and he had given his word that he would keep Katrina safe. He had promised her family that. He wouldn’t go back on his word. He landed on the ground, his eyes carefully focusing on Katrina and the area around her as he began to stalk forward. An action forgotten as he saw exactly what was happening.

"Katrina, get away from her," Stephen snapped glaring at the dark haired girl who he had seen the day before. The witch that Raven had been so pissed off about. He didn't know the girl, he didn't really care about her or the Necro Half-Breed sleeping next to her. He just wanted to get Katrina and find somewhere to take her. Somewhere safe until he knew he could take her back to the academy. He didn't want her hurt by anyone after all. He knew that was the safest place for any of them.

Both of the young women looked at him in shock. He doubted that they had expected him to come so quickly. Or maybe Katrina had simply forgotten who and what she was and therefore what he was as well. He was hoping (and praying) that that wasn't the case. It would make things more complicated than he wanted to deal with at the moment. “You’re alive!” Well she remembered him, he supposed that was something.

“We’re leaving,” Stephen said curtly, his eyes watching the dark haired witch carefully. "Don't try to stop us. I won't let you."

The witch looked at him as if she wasn't sure what to think about him. "What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I mean you need to stay away from Katrina and from me. Don't follow us or I swear I will kill you." The two female's jaws dropped. Stephen felt a little bad, but he had to protect Katrina. In some ways, he supposed he was at the point where he could understand why Raven had been so willing to kill the witch in the first place, but honestly....Stephen was just hoping he didn't have to go that far.

Stephen saw a blur and felt himself get hit hard before he fell backwards with someone on top of him. He looked up in shock to see the boy from before, Alex. "Get the hell off of me!" Stephen yelled trying to shoved at Alex. Alex shoved a hand against his chest and threw a punch into his jaw.

"Simio!" Alex and Stephen froze where they were. "Jeez," she said with a sigh. "There's no need for you guys to fight," the dark-haired witch said walking forward into Stephen's line of sight. "If Katrina wants to leave, she can leave. But if she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to and you can't make her. I won't let you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I kinda fail. but I have an excuse! My feal life has not only been fail, but really busy! So I hope this chapter makes up for it!