Utopia

Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention...They Say

"You are the strangest witch I have ever heard of," Stephen said shaking his head. Trained by two wizards and a Necromancer. Raised by a witch hunter. Stephen had no doubt in his mind that those four would be after them very soon and probably for good reason. They would want the girl back and likely want to kill the Half-Breed. Stephen supposed that he should have been concerned about that. In all honesty, he was more concerned about Katrina than the other two.

"We'll have to get moving soon," the witch, Willa, said standing up and rubbing her arms. "I used a bit of magic earlier and one of the guys once said that he could track someone if they used magic."

Alex swore under his breath. Stephen watched as the witch flinched. She felt guilty. He could almost feel it. And on some level, he actually felt a little bad for her. That was completely adverse to everything he had been told and taught since his death. Witches and wizards were enemies. They weren't supposed to be empathized with. They were to be remembered and feared. They were to be fought and cast down for the sake of the sorcerers and sorceresses that had been cursed centuries if not millennium ago.

Stephen stooped down to pick up Katrina and held her close. Now if the time came, he could make a quick escape with her. The Half-Breed could always make a quick escape. Stephen had been taught of the Paths of the Dead after all not that he ever wanted to try them himself. He much preferred his wings.

"And do either of you have any idea as to where we should be going?" Stephen asked his accent crisp to a degree that was almost sharp as he snapped.

"Anywhere but here?" Willa suggested arching an eyebrow. Stephen sighed. Well that was obvious. It seemed that they had no choice. He chose a direction and started walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? They are love! <3