Utopia

Questions

He sensed her before she even came through the door. She was powerful, he could tell she was young, but still powerful. He paid no mind. It wasn't exactly unusual for magic users to come socialize at public places like this cafe. He was there after all. Not that he had come to socialize, and even if he had, he probably wouldn't succeed. People found Alex strange.

Humans could just seem to sense something weird about him and generally kept their distance. Sorcerers hated him for the fact that he had Wizard blood and Wizards hated him for the fact that he has Sorcerer blood. They, too, kept their distance. The only people who ever approached him were other Necro's, other Half-Breeds, and he didn't much care for their company.

Alex spent his time alone. Maybe that, more than anything else, is why it shocked him so much when the girl he had sensed come in came and plopped down across from him at his table.

"You don't mind if I join you do you?" she asked cheerfully. He saw no point in answering since she was already seated and began staring blankly out the window. Maybe if he ignored her she would get bored and leave.

She didn't.

She continued to stare at him, smiling brightly. After a few awkward moments she leaned forward, lowering her voice and whispered to him. "I'm Willa Cox. I'm a witch. I don't think you're a sorcerer...you're alone after all. So does...does that mean you're a Necro Half-Breed?"

Alex froze. He knew very well that she was a witch, but he didn't think she would say it so openly. Especially so young. Didn't she realize that he could take after his Sorcerer side and hate her, possibly even kill her, for approaching him?

He wasn't quite sure what to say. She just kept staring at him, waiting for a response of some sort. He didn't have one to give her. Inwardly he sighed, it was times like this he was glad of his lack of friends. He was terrible at keepin up a conversation.

Finally, he decided to answer her.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. There is no such thing as a witch." he then promptly stood up and walked quickly out of the small cafe, leaving her sitting there, dumbstruck.