Utopia

Guardian Angel

"Are you an angel?"

Stephen looked down at his pretty young charge and couldn't help but laugh. If only she knew how right she was. "Let's get in inside before I answer that eh?" he asked still startled by the fact that he had managed to retain a form of his British accent. He was pleased, he had to admit, but he had heard tales where guardians came back with a new voice and look. He was glad that he wasn't one of them. He rather liked his crisp British accent. It added character in a place where people seemed to have a very bland accent in his opinion. At least one of his roommates was French (accent and all).

Stephen took his charge around to the side of the school where the dorms lay. No one paid him much mind except for the few who were curious about a new student. Stephen didn't even bother knocking on the door as he charged into the room. There were three empty beds, two of which were covered in things. It appeared that her roommates were absent which was quite fine with him. It meant he didn't have to deal with them. That would probably make things all the easier.

Stephen set the girl down on what would be her bed and smiled at her, brushing back a lock of dark hair. "Hey. I'm Stephen. You and I...we'll be getting to know each other very well in the future. I wish that there was any way to make this easier to explain," Stephen sighed and racked a hand through his dirty blonde hair before he began pacing.

"You see, the reason that you are having those seizures...it's because you have magic inside of you. It's trying to get out. You're a sorceress and I'm your guardian angel. I was sent here to watch over you and protect you," he explained gently. He wondered how she would react. They had been told all the ways that a human might react. Some were better than others. He hoped that she was one of the more tolerant ones, it would make his job easier. "I can show you my wings if you like..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but it's just getting going.

Comments? Subscriptions? Both?!