Utopia

Joke

"You see, the reason that you are having those seizures...it's because you have magic inside of you. It's trying to get out. You're a sorceress and I'm your guardian angel. I was sent here to watch over you and protect you. I can show you my wings if you like..."

Trina said nothing, debating silently for a moment whether he was lying, or just plain insane. It seemed awfully cruel to play a joke on the sick new arrival, and Stephen didn't seem that mean, but he also certainly did not seem crazy.

Was it at all possible that he was telling the truth?

"Wings? You can't possibly expect me to believe that you have wings, can you?" Despite her attempts at nonchalance, there was a hint of curiosity in her voice. She just couldn't help it. If he really was her guardian angel and she was his... What had he called it? Oh yes, sorceress, then this would make for an amazing adventure.

He smiled that irresistible smile that she already adored. "Of course I can." She shivered slightly at the sound of his voice. She couldn't help it, it was just so amazing. She adored the accent, and silently cursed herself for not having one.

"This isn't some kind of joke is it? Is this because I called you an angel outside? You can't hold that against me! I was delirious, and sick." She had just realized why the angel thing sounded so familiar. She had come up with it herself just moments ago.

"I am holding nothing against you. Would you like to see my wings?"

Trina had no response. She didn't believe him, of course, but she was still insanely curious to see if he really had wings.

"Alright, fine. Let's see them then."

He began to shrug his way out of his shirt, exposing a his chest and stomach. Trina could feel her jaw drop. Not from any wings, but because of him. She could feel the beginnings of a crush coming. She couldn't help it, he was far hotter than any other boy she had ever met. Those words didn't seem appropriate. 'Hot' and 'Boy'. It was something more like 'beautiful' and 'man'. Why would someone like him want to waste time lying to her? Most people like him paid her no mind.

He cleared his throat loudly, causing her to jump and look up. When she did, what she saw took her breath away.

"You were serious."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm severely disappointed in the lack of comments...