Utopia

Distracted

Willa sighed and slouched back against the wall. "Jeez Will," Peter admonished shaking his head. "What's wrong with you? You feeling sick or something?" The necromancer asked touching a hand to her forehead.

Willa jerked away without thinking. She sighed and racked a hand through her dark hair. "Sorry Peter...I'm just...distracted," she gave him half a smile. She stood up and left the three brothers who trained her dumbstruck.

"What did I just miss?" she heard David ask as she closed the door behind her. She was still out of it. She couldn't stop thinking about the boy in the diner. Why had he lied? It made no sense to her and it was actually rather hurtful. She didn't understand it and until she did she wasn't sure she would be able to get over it. That meant that she would have to find him again. Peter, David, Richard, and her Uncle would kill her if they heard what she was thinking. She had to find a way to go about it without them knowing them. A secret rendezvous. Hopefully they wouldn't kill the boy if they saw them meeting. The thought had her nervous.

She bumped into Diane and her eyes jumped alighting on the older woman. "Auntie! I'm so sorry!" She cried watching unable to move quick enough to keep her aunt from dropping the tray she was carrying. Willa flinched at the sight of it.

Diane smiled a little wearily. "We need to talk don't we baby girl?" she said putting a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder. "Come on honey, the boys can clean this up."

Willa hesitated a moment looking down at the mess before nodding and following her aunt to the woman's drawing room. She waited until Diane had locked the door before she began pacing. "It's...well it's complicated," she began rubbing her neck and biting her lip.

Diane sat on the couch and crossed her legs obviously ready for a long wait. "Well, I'm here to listen," she said with an air of calm.

Willa stood considering. "You have to promise me...promise me you won't get upset and promise me you won't tell the boys or Uncle," she begged.

Diane hesitated this time obviously weighing her options and her own feelings before replying. "Alright spill it Missy," Diane ordered. Willa collapsed on the sofa next to her aunt and related the whole tale barely taking a breath to pause.

"Well...that does seem like you have a problem baby girl," Diane mused. "Is he cute?"

Willa looked shocked before she laughed. "Auntie!" she cried before looking around furtively. "Yeah, he kind of is actually."