Status: Dead. Just keeping it around in case Madeline or I ever feel compelled to read it again.

Fire And Ice

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.

In those days, we really believed that to be the worlds one and only truth...


Vendetta Toro was an alchemist... Or at least that's what Gerard told her.
Vendetta lost her memory when she was 12. She is now 14, and a prospering alchemist. Her talent for alchemy is extraordinary, especially with her own element, a dusty gray-black fire. She titles this element Black Blaze, thus earning the title The Black Blaze Alchemist. Gerard is her cousin, age 9. During the incident in which Vendetta lost her memory, Gerard (then age 7) bargained with the homunculi. He exchanged his human form, in order for Vendetta to live. Unfortunately, the homunculi didn't exactly keep their word. They stole Vendetta's memory and transformed Gerard into a ghostly wolf.
What the homunculi wanted with Vendetta's memory is unknown to Gerard and his cousin, but they know they must return each other back to normal.

Kotsuyuki was an average homunculus. At age 15, she has no idea what her past life was, struggling to get the Philosopher’s Stone to become a human, but (unlike the others) she didn’t want to kill the Elrics, or any of the State Alchemists. Dante forced her to become a State Alchemist, but unfortunately, homunculi can’t perform alchemy that great. She somehow passes it off....

Their paths intertwine after Vendetta befriends the Elrics, (Edward and Alphonse) and meets some less-than-friendly homunculi....
Well, unfriendly except for Kotsuyuki.

***Mewmeow953 and xRachelxSynisterx are writing this. Mewmeow953 is writing from Kotsuyuki's POV and xRachelxSynisterx is writing from Vendetta's POV.

This won't follow the EXACT storyline of the (first or second) anime. Some things may stay the same and some may change. (we don't want Hughes to die!)

DISCLAIMER: We own nothing in this story except for the following characters and their storylines: Vendetta, Gerard, and Kotsuyuki. Everyone else is from the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime/manga.
  1. One
    *VENDETTA POV*
  2. Two
    The Winter Alchemist: Kotsuyuki Amane
  3. Three
    Vendetta POV
  4. Four
    *Kotsuyuki's POV*
  5. Five
    Vendetta's POV
  6. Six
    *Kotsuyuki's POV*
  7. Seven
    Vendetta POV
  8. Eight
    *Kotsuyuki's POV*
  9. Nine
    Vendetta POV
  10. Ten
    *Kotsuyuki's POV*
  11. Eleven
    Vendetta's POV
  12. Twelve
    Kotsuyki's POV
  13. Thirteen
    Vendetta's POV
  14. Fourteen
    Kotsuyuki