Your Hand In Mine

onze

Yes.

For one, he's attractive as it gets. But that's not the main reason I like him. It was because of his personality. He could be so shy at times but he could also let go and show who he was. He was fun to be around and made me laugh. He was different from most and wasn't after sex. And the fact that he was French-Canadian was a little bit of a bonus. I didn't plan on this happening, and I don't really know how it all happened. It just sort of snuck up on me, if that's even possible.

Only one question left.. Did he even feel the same way about me? Doubt it.

I looked over to Lexa with a slight frown. "I hate how you can tell before I can."

"It's a gift," she smiled, giving me a hug. "I'll talk to you later, babe," she finished and walked out the door with her half of the cake that she forgot.

"See ya, Lex!" I yelled and shut the door.

I cleaned the place up a little bit and then put on a random movie. Midway through I fell asleep.

~*~

The next morning, I woke up and immediately landed on the floor with a thud thanks to my phone and whoever felt the need to text me at.. Where's the clock? God, nine oh seven!?

I pulled the blanket back over my head and debated on checking to see who texted me or going back to sleep. Pretty much everyone knows that I sleep late and not to bother me this early. Maybe it's an emergency. I felt around for my phone and eventually found it laying on the floor above my head.

I flipped it open. My mom texted me. Of all people, you would think my own mother would know not to talk to me this early. But apparently not.

I know it's a little early for you, but I had to text you before I forgot. Your brother's birthday is in a week and a half and we're having a party. You better be there, or else Oh, how scary, Mom. Call me later and I'll fill you in. Well, this sure as hell wasn't an emergency. I almost forgot about Josh's birthday, too. I don't even know what to get him. Seriously, what do guys like? They're impossible to buy for. I mean, you can only have so many pairs of boxers and so many watches and golf stuff.

Listening to what she had told me, I called her cell phone and she picked up after the first ring.

"Morning, sunshine. Since when do you wake up before noon?"

"Since my mother decided to text me before noon," I mocked her.

"Smart ass. Anyway.. His party is Saturday, November third at two o'clock, here."

"Specify 'here'."

"Our house. It's a surprise party, by the way. We invited most of the family and some of his friends. You bringing anyone? Alexa? A boy?"

"Does this mean I get stuck having a party, too? You know I don't like being the center of attention. And I might. You'll never guess who I met, though," I said excitedly. She was big on hockey, too, so I'd figure she'd get a kick out of knowing that I met Kris.

"I don't know, you might have one. Whatever your dad wants to do. And who? Johnny Depp? That guy is so dreamy..," she drifted off.

"MOM! You're like, fifty-two, not seventeen. You've got Dad, anyway."

"Yeah, yeah. But he is fine. And I only married your dad because of his money," she joked. My parents loved each other for who they were; money had nothing to do with it. "So, who's this boy?" she questioned, determined to get an answer from me.

"Kris Letang," I said and felt a smile creep onto my lips.

"WHAT!? No way. You have to bring him to the party! Please?" She can act so much like a teenager, sometimes. But I love her nonetheless, and she was like another best friend to me.

"I'll ask him if he can come if he doesn't have a game, fair enough?" Um, great. I hit my palm against my forehead. Now I have to work up the courage to ask Kris to come my brother's surprise party--who he doesn't know. Hell, he barely even knows me.

"Yeah. I have to go. I have to be at the gym in fifteen minutes to meet with Tom. We're working on cardio today." My parents had just started the whole 'let's go to the gym and work out as much as we can' thing. They were addicted, which is sort of amusing if you think about it.

"Have fun. Tell Dad I said hi, and don't you dare tell anyone that Kris might be coming or I'll slip weight gaining powder into your drink or something."

"I will, and you wouldn't dare!" she said, sounding horrified.

"I would, believe me. Keep your mouth shut. I'll talk to you later, Mom."

"Okay. I love you, bye."

"You too," I replied and then we hung up.

It was now nine thirteen. What was I supposed to do for another four hours and seventeen minutes until work started? I thought about it for a moment while I looked around my apartment.

A pile of squirt guns caught my eyes. Why do I have them, you ask? First of all, I'm a kid at heart, and my brother got me them for Christmas last year. And they aren't those wimpy squirt guns that you stick under water and watch the tiny air bubbles float to the surface, either. They were beastly squirt guns. I had two Super Soaker Aquashock Sneak Attack 4-Ways, three Super Soaker Max Infusion Helix Blasters and four Super Soaker Wars Shot Blasts. Don't know what they are? Look them up, you won't be disappointed.

After I landed my eyes one them, a brilliant idea had formed in my head. I looked at the clock again and did the math. An hour and a half until the mailman comes--I told you I'd get revenge one day.

Now I just needed someone to squirt him with. Well, a few people. I picked my phone up phone and called Kris, Brian, Max, Marc, Jordan, and TK. All of them but Brian came over at the same time, because he obviously didn't know them.

I heard someone banging on my door repeatedly and figured it was probably Max, so I got up off of the couch and opened the door.

"I call sitting in the front on the way back. Fucking TK was sitting on top of me, and that made me slightly uncomfortable," I heard Jordan yell.

"Oh, shut up, Gronk. You know you liked it," Tyler said.

"Screw you."

"Hey ,guys," I greeted them. They all stopped and looked at me and said hello. I received two hugs, also--one from Max, and one from Marc.

"So, what time does the mail guy come?" Tyler asked.

"Ten forty-five-ish."

"Cool," he replied.

"Whoa, guys. Check this out. Kris wasn't lying," Max said, amazed, as he looked at my wall of movies. They all made there way over there except for Kris; he walked over and stood next to me.

"It was just too amazing not to tell anyone," he said.

"Yeah, sometimes I get a little scared when I see how many there are."

"Wonder 'ow many you really 'ave.."

"I don't know. Let's find out," I said. I never really thought about counting the number of movies I owned before. "Hey, Max! Why don't you count them all and see how many there actually are?"

"Okay!" he said, a little too happy.

Meanwhile, Jordan had picked out a movie. My Bloody Valentine 3D to be exact. Just as the movie started, there was another knock on my door--Brian. I opened the door, and he gave me a hug.

"Hey, Bri. Come on in," I smiled.

"Guys," I started, and they all looked over towards us with their 3D glasses on. Dorks. "This is Brian, one of my best friends. And if you couldn't tell by the way he's dressed, he is in fact gay." They all said hi and were rather nice to Brian. I knew they wouldn't make fun of him or anything, but I didn't expect them to be so okay with the way he was.

Max was still on the ground, Indian style, counting my movies until we got about fifteen minutes into the movie. Maybe he's a slow counter.. I don't know.

"So, what is the grand total?" Kris asked.

"I lost track a few times, and then I double checked. You have a whopping two-hundred twelve movies."

"Damn," Jordan said.

"Hey, Shane? Do you have any popcorn?" Marc asked me.

"Actually, I do. I'll be right back," I answered him and went into the kitchen and popped a few bags. I came back about five minutes later with three bowls and sat back down in between Brian and Kris.

TK was sort of freaked out by the movie and he let out a few girlish screams, much like Maxime had done a few days ago. We all laughed at him, but he didn't seem to mind.

We got half way into the movie and then we had to stop it because the mailman was coming in eight minutes. They all fought over which squirt gun they wanted, and that took about four minutes. We spent the next four filling them up in my sink and assuming our positions in front of my three windows that overlooked the street.

"Guys! I see him! He just pulled up!" Flower shouted.

"Dude, Flower, shut up, or he's going to hear us," Jordan said and squirted Marc-Andre in the face.

"Well, that wasn't very nice. And I'd squirt you back, but I don't want to make a mess all over Shane's floor," Marc replied.

Max was extremely focussed the whole time, and you'd swear he was a former sniper or something. "Okay, he's getting out of the truck now. Ready. Aim. FIRE!" Max screeched.

We all pulled our triggers and drenched the guy. Haha! Sucker! Some of the boys went back to the sink to refill their squirt gun, while the rest of us kept holding in the trigger. We kept the water coming until he ran back to his truck and drove away.

Kris had some water left in his so he decided to use the rest on me.

"Thanks, for that. I really appreciate it," I told him sarcastically.

"You are oh so welcome," he said with a smirk.

"I have some water left, too. Do you mind if I water the grass?" Marc asked innocently. We cracked up. "What?" he asked completely confused.

"Nothing. You can water the grass if you want to, I don't care," I told him.

"Yes! Thank you!"

"You're welcome."

Once Flower was done with his gardening, we started the movie back up again. Once again, TK jumped and screamed. I wasn't unaware of the fact that Kris and I were dangerously close to each other, either. Neither of us seemed to mind, though.

When the movie was over, the guys announced that they had to get going, Brian included.

"I told you we should 'ave just taken separate car. Now I 'ave drive your ass back 'ome," Kris complained.

"Sucks for you," Maxime said.

"Shut it, or you are walking 'ome," Kris told him. Max replied by zipping his lips and throwing the key away. Yeah, like that's going to keep him quiet for long.

"Well, I will see you later, then?" Kris said to me.

"Yeah, definitely. Thanks for coming over and bringing them. They're hilarious."

"Anytime. I 'ad fun. Au revoir, Shane," he said.

"See ya, Kris." He walked through the doorway and out to his car.

Within a few minutes, I heard some arguing coming from outside and walked over to the window.

"Max. Just get in the back. I already called the front," Jordan yelled.

"Bullshit. You get in the back!"

"No. You."

"No."

"If you two do not shut up, all of you are going to be stuck back there," I heard Kris tell them.

"I refuse to sit back there," Jordan replied.

"Me, too," Max said, crossing his arms.

"Fine, you ask for it," Kris said. He walked over to the other side of the car, shoved all four of them in the back, pushed the passenger seat back, shut the door of his BMW, and got in the car and drove off. I can only imagine what four adults, who are all about six foot, look like crammed into the back of a car. I'd love to hear the conversation that was taking place, too. I'm sure it was priceless. Got to love those boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D I wish I was friends with them. I'd have some really good stories to tell.