Your Hand In Mine

seize

The date I went on with Kris happened exactly a week ago, which makes today November fourth.

First of all, that was probably the best date I've ever experienced. It was original, and I had a lot of fun. I noticed my feelings towards Kris had grown a little stronger, too. The pizza was.. different. The anchovies would have completely ruined it, though. There was so many toppings that the cheese slid off and fell on my lap. It left a big spot on my thighs, and I figured out the hard way that I should have probably cut the pizza with a fork and knife instead of picking it up and using my hands. After we were done eating, Kris came back to my place, and we watched a few movies. I went to his game the next day and then hung out with him, Lexa and the boys the rest of week when we had time. He and the rest of the team left yesterday for a road trip out west.

Second of all, today was the day that Josh and his family were starting to pack for their move to Florida. I was a little down for the past few days because I knew this day was coming up faster than I would have liked. I loved my brother, and he was like my best friend. I didn't want to see him go. The reason he was leaving was because of his job.

I pulled into his driveway a little after two. When this all came up, we decided that my parents and I were going to help them pack.

"Hey, Ava," I greeted my three year old niece as she ran out the front door.

"Aunt Shane! I missed you!" she yelled and jumped up into my arms.

"I've missed you, too. Where's your mom and dad?"

"Daddy's in the garage with Pappy, and Mommy's upstairs with Nana." I set her down and grabbed her hand and we started to walk towards the front door. "Will you play Barbies with me, Aunt Shane?" she asked excitedly.

"Um. In a little bit, okay? I have to help Mommy and Daddy pack."

"Okay," she said and ran off upstairs somewhere.

I grabbed a donut that was sitting in a box from Dunkin' Donuts sitting on the kitchen counter. Glazed with white icing and pink and orange sprinkles, my favorite. Thanks, Josh. I owe you one. I opened the door to the garage and walked in to say hi to my dad and Josh.

"Shane," my brother said and engulfed me in a hug. "I see you've found the donuts, and you're late, by the way."

"I mow, sawwry. Nnn ank ew or ese," I said with mouthful of donut.

"Sorry, I don't speak donut," my father said.

I held up my pointer finger and quickly finished chewing. "I said, I know, sorry. And thank you for these," I said and put the last bit of donut in my mouth.

"Thanks for translating," my dad smiled and gave me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

"Sorry about being late. I had to wait for Mia to get there before I could leave." Mia works with me. We're waitresses at Mahoney's Restaurant.

"It's alright. Well, the girls need some help upstairs. Have fun," he told me.

"Yeah, yeah," I said and started making my way back to the door.

"Oh, Shane. How's Kris?" my dad questioned.

"Yeah, Shane. How's Kris?" Josh said in a way that suggested we were doing something we weren't supposed to be doing. My dad hit him upside the head.

"He's good. They're out west for a week," I said and completely ignored my brother. My dad smiled and then got back to whatever he was doing. Josh smirked at me, so I gave him the finger and walked out of the garage.

"Mom?" I called.

"Up here, sweetie," I heard her say.

I walked up the steps and down the hallway towards the room I thought she was in. "Mom?" I said and poked my head in the room. Not in there. I went to the next room. Not in there either. "Come out, come out, where ever you are."

Next room. Nope. Ava was in that one. "Will you play Barbies with me now?"

"Not yet, A. Soon, though, I promise," I told her as walked into her room and tickled her.

"No! Stop! Put me down! Please!" she begged through laughter.

"Fine," I laughed. "Get it all set up and dress them in pretty outfits, and then come and get me, okay?"

"Okay, Aunt Shane," she said and went back to her Barbies. I walked out of the room shaking my head. That little girl was so damn cute and sweet. How she was Josh's child, I didn't know.

There was only one bedroom left, so my mom had to be in there. "Finally. It took me forever to find you," I said.

"Really? We've been in here since noon."

"I can tell," I said and looked around. "This place is a disaster." There were clothes everywhere. Pillows, blankets and a whole bunch of junk was scattered across the room, too.

"How's your boyfriend?" Ashley asked me.

"Huh?"

"You know, that boy who was at Josh's party a few weeks ago."

"Oh, Kris. He's not my boyfriend, we're just good friends," I told her.

"Well, me and Donna have come to the conclusion that that boy is mighty fine and a total sweetheart. We also think he's pretty attracted to you," she winked at me. I saw my mom nod in agreement.

"Why does everyone keep saying this?" I muttered to myself as I walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I heard my mom call after me.

"To start packing the guest room," I yelled back. She didn't reply and I walked down the hall to the guest room.

I packed almost everything in the room, except for the heavy stuff that I couldn't lift. I packed some weird stuff, too. There was a Jack Sparrow action figure, an armadillo purse, one of those Halloween bowls with the creepy hands sticking out of them, a corn dog air freshener, and a giant tooth. Where do people get this shit?

I put those things and even stranger things in their own box. I then proceeded to take a giant sharpie and labeled it 'Weird Shit I Found In The Guest Room'. I even put the box in it's own corner. It was sort of like it was in time out for being so odd.

"Aunt Shane, I finished! I finished!" Ava yelled as she burst into the room.

"You did?" I said and picked her up.

"Uh huh," she nodded her head.

"Let's go then," I smiled. She grabbed my hand and pulled me along to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :]
Lemme know what you think.