The Descent Of Goddess

Prologue

Centuries ago…

Battle raged, chaos reigned. The scent of Death was strong in the air.

A woman stood alone in the large field. Her flowing white dress was soiled by dirt and stained with blood, of both her allies and enemies. Her face remained emotionless, as her bright violet eyes scanned the piles of bodies. She recalled the happy moments her friends and she shared, before the betrayal of her lover and the breakout of the war that shattered the peace.

Her eyes continued flickering around to search for her target until she fixed her gaze upon a figure across the field. It pained her so much to make the decision, but she knew, it had to be done. Taking in a deep breath, she began to walk towards to the figure slowly. She stopped a few feet from it. She looked up to meet the eyes of the man standing before her. His flawless features showed no fear, no regret. For a while, the two seemed to stare solely at each other. Then, they moved at the same time. She clutched the pendant hanging on her neck and spoke in a strange, foreign language. A look of panic flashed across the man’s face as a glowing light erupted from the pendant. He reached out hurriedly, attempting to snatch the pendant away. But he was too late. The white light was beginning to consume him. His screams echoed, piercing through the azure skies. With a flash of blinding white light, the man was gone, banished by the goddess.