The Descent Of Goddess

Dream

She was all alone in an ancient temple.
‘Hello? Is anyone here? Hello?’ she asked, searching for signs of anyone nearby. The temple made her uneasy, like evil would lurk out from the darkness and get her.
Suddenly, something moved pass behind her. Alarmed, she turned quickly, and saw the back of a cloaked figure. A part of her wanted to go up to the person and ask the person where she was, but the other part was screaming danger and urged her to run. However, she decided to follow the person as curious won over her rational side.
Soon, she was led to a room where, she believed, was the heart of the temple. An altar was in the centre of the room, a girl was lying on it. The cloaked person stopped in front of the altar and pulled back the hood, revealing his face. His long silver hair fell to his shoulders; his skin was deathly pale and his eyes were cobalt blue, so bright that it seemed unnatural.
She could see that he was speaking to the girl. Sylvia tried to hear what he was saying, but his whispers were too soft for her to hear it clearly. Moments later, he picked up a dagger on the altar and stabbed it right through the girl’s heart. Blood trickled down the altar.
Her hands flew to her mouth as she took in a sharp breath. The man’s back stiffened and she hastily hid behind one of the pillars. She closed her eyes, trying to overcome the shock of seeing the murder of someone. When she opened her eyes, she found a pair of dark blue eyes staring straight at her.
The corners of the man’s lips turned up to form a mysterious smirk as her eyes widened, satisfied with her obvious fear, ‘I will find you.’ Then, he disappeared.
She gaped at the thin air confusedly. She looked at the dead girl again. The girl’s head turned to Sylvia’s side. She gasped when she saw the maiden’s face.
The maiden…was her.


Sylvia woke to with gasp, sweat covering her entire body. A chill ran down her spine as the man’s words in replayed her mind. She didn’t exactly understand what he meant, but somehow, she knew it was a bad thing.
Very bad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The school bell screeched, signaling the start of the first lesson. Sylvia picked up her books quickly and headed to the Chemistry class. She bumped into somebody accidentally. Looking up, she saw Jessica, the queen bee of the school.
‘Hey! Watch it, freak,’ Jessica said, with a disgusted look on her face. The other girls beside her laughed.
‘Yeah, whatever,’ Sylvia muttered and scurried down the hall. She had gotten used to this kind of treatment since she was considered a freak due to her disparity between her schoolmates and herself. There used to a few who were nice to her, but all of them left her in the end.
Sylvia had always been different. She could do things others can’t, and that was what scared her friends away.
She remembered it was year 3 when she first discovered her ability. She was friends with Jessica then. They were arguing over something childish, about which boy was more handsome. Jessica said something that upset her and they started fighting. During the fight, Jessica was thrown back few feet away. Sylvia was shocked beyond words. Although Sylvia was certain that she did not push Jessica herself, as she was not strong enough, she did feel energy drawing out from her body when Jessica was bounced back. Jessica was laughed at by other students. Out of total embarrassment, Jessica never got along with Sylvia again.
Later on, she tried to find out more about her ‘abilities’. She discovered that she had some sort of invisible shield which could protected her when she was attacked. For example, once when she almost got hit by a truck, she was able stopped the truck with her shield. Despite Sylvia tried to control it and to blend in with others, there were some slips occasionally. Even now, she still found it rather hard to control and it usually left her exhausted. Eventually, she stopped bothering to conceal the ability. In fact, it made her feel special, even if she was treated like a freak.
Thinking of this, Sylvia sighed inwardly and continued down the hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was greeted by her mother immediately when she pushed open her house’s door.
‘Hey sweetie, how’s school?’
‘Boring,’ She didn’t feel like talking right now. Her mind was filled with horrific images from her nightmare. She ran up the stairs and got into her room. Swinging her bag over her shoulders, she threw it to the small couch, and jumped into her bed, thinking the meaning behind the dream.
The dream had been haunting her for 6 years. It was always the same, lost in the empty, abandoned temple. Only this time, the dream lasted longer. She never got to see the girl’s face before, but now she regretted seeing it. It was hard to see other people’s deaths, seeing your own was even harder. She remembered hearing someone who had prophetic dreams. Maybe she was having one too, like a precognition. Then again, why would she be in an old temple, dressed in some weird clothing and was the sacrifice for some ritual?
Closing her eyes, Sylvia hoped it was merely a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I've been so busy this week, I hardly have the time to do the story. Debates, math competitions, and some sort of history project, which I had to go to the field and spend 4 hours just to look for all the places.
And my mother was so irritating, saying that I'm addicted to my computer, which is so not true. I wonder, are all moms lunatics?