Unlucky in Love

The Good Life

Surprise.

Seriously.

Surprise.

“Oh, my God,” was all I could say, staring at the scene in front of me.

“So, is that good?” Dominic asked.

I nodded. “It’s really good.” I said, sniffling. I went over to him and kissed him on the mouth deeply. He wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Wow, okay, ignore the sister over here,” Daveigh interrupted in her oh-so-subtle tone of voice. Dominic and I separated slightly and glared at her. “What? I’m just concerned that you might reproduce again.”

We stepped away from each other and I tried to hide the blush by picking Emma up—who whined because she wasn’t near Aunt Daveigh.

I’m sorry, but aren’t babies supposed to love their mothers?

“Okay, well, everyone pitched in and got you a present,” Daveigh announced, handing me an envelope. Dominic took Emma from me so I could open it.

It was a handmade IOU.

Oh, how thoughtful.

“What’s this for?” I asked.

“It’s for you and me. Whenever you want to go somewhere, just us, we’ll drop whatever we’re doing and go.” Dominic explained.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. “Wherever I want to go?” I asked. He nodded. “Whenever I want?” he nodded again. “And Emma?”

“Will be with me.” Daveigh cut in.

I took Emma back and sat down at the decorated dining room table. “What’s the catch?” I asked bluntly.

“No catch…okay, the catch is that you can’t do it just because you’re mad about something or trying to get away from it.”

I nodded. “That’s understandable.”

“And that you go back to therapy,”

I nodded again.

“And that isn’t good till after the New Year,”

“Well, yeah, because Emma will still be really little and I wouldn’t want to leave.”

He shrugged. “That’s it, then.”

“Well that’s pretty awesome of you, I have to admit.”

…6 Months Later…

“Emma, what’re you doing?” I asked her. She was crawling on the floor and picking up something. I stopped her from putting it in her mouth. “Were you trying to eat lint?” I picked her up and carried her upstairs.

I lay down on the bed and she sat up on my stomach, pulling on the charm on my necklace. God, she was just so freaking cute. She was kind of chubby, but her fine light brown hair and those sparkly blue eyes just made her seem like an angel.

“When you’re older I’m going to get you one, too.” I promised, and she attempted to put it in her mouth and started to nibble on it. I pried it away from her gently, and she cried. She was starting the horrendous process of teething, and I had to start feeding her through a bottle because she had bitten me more than once.

I sighed and went back downstairs, toting her on my hip. Poppy barked at the bottom of the stairs, which only intensified Emma’s crying.

I grabbed her teething ring out of the freezer and put it in her mouth, and she cooed and chewed on it.

At least I could fix one thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm so sorry for making you guys wait this long...I've been so freaking busy!

Anyways, please comment and read my other stories!

A Day in the Life of a (ab)Normal Teen

The Haunting of Willow Marshall

The Ravens

*Edit: August 31, 2012.
I am editing some chapters due to the fact that when I wrote them, I had no knowledge of how the school works, and now that I'm a student there, I learned it's completely different than what I thought. Nothing too major, just didn't want this lingering around.
~Erin