Status: Slowly active

Couldn't Wait for the Summer at the Warped Tour

I fell in love with the girl at the rock show

The resurfaced, still together, and it was only a few seconds before something cold and slimy hit the side of their faces. Molly jerked back, removing the seaweed from her hair. “Gross!” She squealed, flinging it away from her.

Caleb glared daggers at the men standing in the water. Jonathan was the only one whistling and looking away, totally the culprit. “I'll beat you up!” Caleb pointed.

“Don't make out at the beach, there are little kids here!” Kent put in.

“No one asked you!”

“Molly!” She heard Amber call from the shore, and Molly turned her head. “Mary and Elizabeth want to come over later tonight to play games...okay?” She called.

“Yeah. Tell them to call Taylor and Vicky to come also!” Molly replied.

Amber resumed talking on her phone. At that moment, Zander, Tasia, and Dawson were running to the water. Liam was in Veronica's arms, still to young to walk that well. “Zander!” Amber squealed, scooping up the running toddler. “I've missed you!” She kissed all over his face. Zander giggled, pushing her away.

“Play!” He shouted, pointing at the water.

“Play!” Amber shouted, running to the water. She only went ankle high and sat him down. He splashed his feet in the water. Amber sat down, and splashed water on his head. He looked up surprised and slowly smiled. “Yeah!” Amber cooed.

Kyle, Caleb, Jonathan, Marc, Austin, Kent, and David all stood on the shore and watched as the three women fussed over the babies. “I don't get it.” Kent started.

“I try, but I never will.” David agreed.

“Sure, kids are cute...but...really?” Marc wondered.

“I don't know...Amber looks kind of..natural with a kid.” Kyle mentioned, not thinking because he spoke. Amber was carrying Zander further into the water.

The rest of the boys looked at Kyle like he was a space creature or something equally uncommon and weird.

“What?” Kyle asked, defensive now.

“That was a weird thing to say...” David said, “About my sister” He added.

“Oh.” Kyle's eyes went wide. “I said that out loud?” His face started turning red. There was a silence then they all started laughing, besides Kyle.

Jonathan shook his head at his friend, “Oh, boy!” He sighed, going into the water. The others followed as Kyle went to Amber.

“He's cute, huh?” She asked when he came up.

“Yeah.” Kyle answered, letting Zander float near him, and pushing him away.

Amber grabbed his floatie. “That's Kyle/” She pointed. “Can you say 'Kyle'?”

“Ky!” Zander shouted, pointing to Kyle.

“His new thing is pointing.” Amber explained.

“Like I said before, Caleb, they are the cutest couple.” Molly squeaked out, voice rough from the salt water Dawson unintentionally made her swallow.

“What about us?”

“We're way cute. They're just cute because they don't know that they're madly in love.” Molly finished dramatically.

“Who's madly in love?” Veronica came up with Liam and asked.

“Kyle and Amber.” Molly said simply.

Veronica looked over to them and at the moment Kyle was holding Zander while Amber splashed them both. “Yeah...they totally are. But they're not together, huh?”

“Nope.” Molly laughed. “I'm going to steal Zander.” Molly swam over and snatched him.

“I want to play with him now.” She said to Amber's protest.

“Fine.” Amber pouted. She looked for another kid she could play with. Kent was making a sand castle with Tasia, and Jonathan was showing Dawson how to skip rocks off the pier. Amber sighed. She hit Kyle in the chest, running as fast as she could in the water.

“Tag! You're it!” She called.

She reached the shore, only a few moments before Kyle did. She squealed and ran fast. Kyle's long legs gave him an advantage and he caught up with her easily. Wrapping his arms around her stomach, he caught her.

Losing balance, they fell to the sand. Amber;s heart kicked into overdrive as she looked up at Kyle, who was staring at her as if he could see her soul. His elbows were sunk into the sand on either side of her head, his knees on either side of her right leg.

She swallowed hard.

Molly was watching, everyone else beside her, watching also. “We might not need our plan.” Caleb whispered as their faces got closer, then Amber said something. Kyle stopped for a second, then pulled away, laughing. He stood up, holding out his hand for her. She rubbed her back, saying something else.

“That was disappointing.” Molly whispered.