Status: just starting

Insurgence

Ever since the Revolution failed the sun never seems to show it's sorry head and the overcast sky casts a sickly gray glare over everything it touches. All of the scenery appears somehow tired, as if it had given up fighting, just like everyone else. The Revolution had been a lost cause before it even began, centuries ago, and now, decades after it was slaughtered, its followers still cast their sickness over the land.

Even teachers are no longer allowed to mention the Revolution, and now what had once been seen as a noble cause by some, is just a lost rumor. From time to time people do speculate as to what had happened and how evil the Revolutionaries had been. Their cause had only been greed. They had wanted to steal power from the benevolent and beloved monarchy in order to place themselves in power.

I was born long after our valiant leader had defeated the wretched insurgents and therefore only know what I have heard. They were completely evil, end of story. Absolutely nothing can absolve them of the sins that they have committed against our land.

Now though it was just another completely unremarkable Thursday afternoon, and I was out for a walk. Once again, it was raining. Not an uncommon occurrence here, the ground always seemed to be slick with mud from a recent storm. I used to wonder why the sky was always gray and for what purpose it would open up and cry upon it's people. Now I have been taught correctly. It is not crying upon us but allowing life to continue so thereby congratulating the monarchy for it's diligence and just use of power. I no longer fear the rain.
  1. Prologue
    a Utilitarian Mentality
  2. Colors
    deviation from the norm can be dangerous, and yet, liberating
  3. Confusion
    what in the world...