Last Night On Earth

Ribs, Collar Bones & Confessions...

(Mikes POV)
I walked back in Tre's room and saw Billie led on the bed again.
"Billie get up." I tried to hide my anger. He moaned in response. "Bill what are you doing?" I asked.
"Sleeping. Leave me alone."
"No. Tre needs to sleep without being interrupted."
"Lift me up then" He challenged.

(Billies POV)
Why can't he just leave me alone?
"Okay." He said.
"What? NO!" I could feel his cold hands wrap around my bare chest and start pulling. I was halfway out the bed when he stopped and let go.

(Mike's POV)
He fell to the floor. But that wasnt why I was worried. No. I looked at him with horror. He was so skinny. His collar bone was extremely pronounced and you could see each rib stick out through his chest.
"Billie?"
"Uh yeah?" He looked slightly confused.
"When did you last eat something?"
"I had a coffee about.."
"EAT BILLIE! WHEN DID YOU LAST EAT?!" I screamed at him.
Suddenly he just broke down infront of me.
"I dont know! I've been so worried about Tre! I should suffer as well!"
I couldn't believe what i was hearing. I picked him up and carried him onto the chair in the corner of the room. He wrapped his legs around my waist. I tried not to gag at the feel of his bony back against my arms.
"Are you mad at me?" He asked meekly, barely getting his words out.
"Yes." I replied simply. "I am."
"Oh."
"Sit down Billie. I'm going to get you some food."
"NO!"
"Fine. A doctor."
"NO! Mike don't do this to me! Please!"
"What? Make you eat?" I couldn't believe how stupid he was being.
"Yeah. I dont like food all that much."
"Wait here." I had decided to get the biggest bowl of food that i could carry and, if necessary, force feed him.
"Where are you going?" He asked anxiously.
"Shh."
"Can I come?"
"No." I marched out of the room with purpose. I , Mike Dirnt, was going to help my best friend live.
"MIKE?" I heard Billie shout. I walked back in the room.
"What?"
"Dont do anything mean okay?" I looked at him sat there with his legs crossed and his face pleading. He looked like a 5 year old. My heart sank. How could he let himself get like this? I kissed him on his forehead.
"Why should I not?" I smiled. He smiled back and pulled my face down to his. Nothing could have prepared me for what I heard next.
"Because, I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOOHHHH. tense :)Xx