Dead in the Water

Sisky Biz To The Rescue?

(Amanda's POV)

There was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said sitting up in bed.

"You wanted to see me?" Sisky asked wearing his scrubs.

"Yes." I said motioning for him to walk in my room.

"Where is everyone?" He asked looking around for Martin, I am sure.

"I sent them all out looking for Frank and Nonnie who I told not to go out looking for Gerard." I said sighing.

"And Martin?" He said with me giving a slight laugh.

"I sent him too. He didn't hurt you or anything did he?" I asked.

"No but he told me to stay way from you in the nicest way possible." Sisky said.

"Have a seat. I need to talk to you about some things. You know I hate hospitals and if I had it my way, I would be out of here." I said.

"I know you can't stand it here but its to help you get better." Sisky said concerned about me. "You look good considering what I was told earlier." Sisky said.

"I healed up nice from Gerard but it doesn't mean I will be able to again. The doctor is releasing me tomorrow." I said.

"Isn't that great news?" Sisky asked.

"Look, I called you here to apologize. There are some things on my mind that I want to get off my chest. I don't want to hate you and I can't. I am mad but you have that charming grin about you that makes me smile." I said as he grinned. "See!" I said laughing.

"Seriously, I know you are happy with Martin after the way everything happened so fast. I get it but I should be the one apologizing forever after what I did to hurt you." Sisky said. "Amanda, why am I here?" He asked confused.

"I want to die knowing that everything is cool between us. I don't want to hate or stay mad at anyone because that will get me nowhere." I said.

"Amanda, you aren't dying." Sisky replied.

"Actually, I am and Martin knows. When Beckett bit me and I died on the table in the ER, the doctors brought me back, yes, but another slayer is called which is Erelin because I did die. There can be only one slayer. What I am trying to say is, that my body and spirit to live are fighting each other. Remember all the headaches and fainting spells?" I asked.

"Yes but you always had an excuse for those." Sisky replied.

"I lied to protect everyone from the truth. Sisky, I don't know how much time I have left. I have dreams about it and that is how I know. My body keeps trying to shut down on me and it takes everything in me to keep going. I keep going for my friends but one day I won't be able to keep fighting. I had a fainting spell earlier today. Sisky, I even lose my slayer abilities when I fight. Do you know how scary that is? One minute I am beating the crap out of a vampire like its nothing and then the next I am slammed into a wall and feel massive pain." I explained.

"There has to be something to fix this." Sisky replied.

"There is. I know this may hurt you in saying this but it is Martin. All of my dreams point to him but we haven't figured out how yet. All I know is that whenever I am around him, he keeps my spirit up." I said sighing.

"Why did you choose to tell me this?" He asked.

"I finally needed to get it off my chest and to tell someone other than Martin. Maybe I needed to hear it outloud for myself that I am dying." I replied.

"Don't you ever talk like that again! Do you hear me?" Sisky said wiping the tears away from my eyes.

"We will find a way and I know you. You are too stubborn to give up on something. You definately will fight this to the end." He replied holding me.

"Frank and Brendon know only because Frank figured it out this morning in the hospital. I made them promise not to tell the others. Can you promise me too?" I asked.

"I will only keep your secret if you promise to tell them if you get worse." Sisky said pulling away from me.

"I promise." I said.

"Sisky I am really worried." I said.

"Don't be. We are all here for you." He replied.

"No, its not that. Martin is not talking to me in my thoughts. I am wondering how the search is for Nonnie and Frank are. I should be out there. I can track Gerard better." I said.

"What are you trying to say?" Sisky asked looking at me weird.

"Can you use your persuasion to get me out of here?" I asked.

"Amanda, I don't think that is a good idea. What would Martin think?" He asked knowing he would be in a heap of trouble.

"For once I am going against his wishes. I am fine now." I said hopping out of bed. "See?" I added.

"I don't know." Sisky replied.

"Please? Do this for me?" I asked pouting.