Dead in the Water

Guess Who

(Amanda's POV)
I can't believe Sisky actually got me released from the hospital. Kudos to him. I just have to promise and keep my word that I will stay safe. I am glad he gave me some cab money and some stakes he had.

I had the cab driver drop me off close to the docks. It seemed to be Gerard's usual hangout. Any minute now I would start to hear Martin in my thoughts demanding me to get back to the hospital once he has found Nonnie and made it back there to see I am gone. I am hoping that he has found Nonnie and Frank by now.

I walked alone in silence for a good thirty minutes before I heard him in my thoughts. "Amanda, where are you? Wait, I already know." He said.

"Martin, I am fine. Don't come looking for me." I demanded.

"Too late. Pete, Erelin, and Brendon are with me. We found Frank and Nonnie and Gerard got to Nonnie. She is in the hospital now. What are you thinking being at the docks by yourself?" Martin said.

"Martin, I wanted to help. I said I could track Gerard better. Look, meet me at the diner in thirty minutes. If I am not back there, then come look for me." I said.

"Amanda don't make me force you to come to me." Martin replied.

"Martin, don't ever threaten to make me do something against my will ever again. This isn't like you." I replied.

"I'm sorry but after seeing Nonnie and knowing what happened with you and how you are..." Martin trailed off.

I started to tune him out. I felt something. I felt something familiar.

"Amanda, are you listening to me?" Martin said.

"Yes, Martin. Meet me in thirty minutes at the diner. If I am not there, come find me." I said ignoring him after that. Oh yes, I quickly learned how to tune him out of my head. Maybe I can help Nonnie by explaining how to get Gerard out of her head by tuning him out.

"Hello?" I asked staring down into the fog on the street between some old abandoned warehouses.

I felt a slight pain in my stomach. Then I looked up to see a figure or more like a shadow through the fog. "Hey!" I said running towards it with a stake in my hand.

I chased the figure down into an alley between an office building and a warehouse. The feeling I had turned into a positive one. This was a good vampire but why were they making me chase them?

I stopped and watched the vampire hop and jump up to the roof of the office building. "You couldn't let me meet you face to face? You have to make this hard?" I yelled looking for a way up to the roof of the building.

I saw a fire escape from the warehouse and climbed up it. From there I had to hop up and grab a metal railing of the roof and pull myself up and over to stand on the warehouse roof. I looked over to see the vampire standing at the far end of the roof of the office building. I looked down from where I was standing and saw that it was a long way down if I fell. I was up about I guess five floors.

The only way for me to get to where the vampire was waiting, was for me to make a running leap and pray that I make it to the roof over there. I am a slayer. Shouldn't I have special abilities as vampires do? It's not fair they can jump up to roofs and land on their feet unlike us.

I walked as far back as I could go and said a prayer. Then I took a running jump and barely made it on top of the office's roof. I landed doing a roll on the floor of the roof. I then got up and approached the vampire who had his back to me.

"Bravo. You did what I expected you to." The vampire replied still turned away from me.

Could it be? I know that voice. It can't be.

"Did you miss me, love?" The vampire said turning around.

"Micah?" I replied out of breath, shocked, and unable to move.