Dead in the Water

Distracted

(Amanda's POV)
"So are you mad at me? You haven't spoken since we left the docks." Martin said as we approached the diner. "I'm sorry for earlier. I was just worried because..." He said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Mad?" I asked hearing only bits and pieces of his conversation.

"Ok, so you weren't paying attention to what I was saying." He said sitting down on a bench outside of the diner.

"Martin, I'm sorry. I just got..." I started to say.

"Distracted?" He finished. "What has your attention focused away from me?" He asked.

I looked at him. I wanted to tell him but how? Martin already knew about my history with Micah from me telling him about it and from him accessing my memories. How was I to tell him that Micah was back in town wanting me or Elissa?

"Martin I should tell you this..." I got out before Brendon, Pete, and Erelin came rushing out of the diner.

"Amanda! You nearly gave us all a heart attack. You should be resting back in that hospital bed!" Erelin said lecturing me. I gave a slight smile.

"Well, you know me. I hate hospitals. Have you heard anything on Nonnie?" I asked as Martin gave me a look. I knew that look. It was a look that meant we would be discussing what was on my mind later.

"She was bitten by Gerard. The rest of the gang is with her and I think Frank is by her side." Pete replied hugging me tight.

"Well, I am starving so before we head back to the hospital for Nonnie can we all grab a bite to eat? Well can I at least eat?" I said realizing that Erelin and I were the only ones who could eat.

"I think you do need some food in you." Martin replied taking his arm and extending it out for me. I smiled at him. He was always so warm and caring. He was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Micah was the past. Why does the past have a funny way of catching up to me?

If he is in the past, then why did I shiver when he touched me? Is Micah not completely out of my system as I thought? I looked over at Pete to see him smiling. All I knew was that I had to keep Micah away from Elissa and place her and Pete back into each others' arms before Micah had his way.

We all sat down in a booth and the waitress took mine and Erelin's order. Martin sat across from me. I was sitting next to Pete who had Erelin beside him. Brendon was sitting next to Martin because Pete had a problem sitting next to him.

Martin kept staring at me in a good way but it was making me nervous. I wanted to tell him about my encounter. Heck, I wanted to warn Pete too. Erelin kept scolding me and I kept telling her and everyone that I was fine.

After we ate, we all headed back to the hospital. Nonnie was sleeping and Frank filled us in. Joe and taken Bev home to rest after her ordeal and for once Frank was glad that Joe was there when Nonnie tried to break loose under Gerard's control. He helped distract Nonnie so that Frank could grab her and make her sleep.

Frank had said that Gerard haunts her dreams since he bit her but when I saw her she had a peaceful smile on her face. I hoped she was fighting for her and Frank and her smile was for him. I needed to teach Nonnie how to tune the voices out.

Before I left the hospital with Martin, I pulled Frank aside. "Frank, you know you can still invade her dreams, right?" I asked.

"How do you know that?" He asked.

"I don't' know. I just know. Maybe it has something to do with Martin that I know but you need to keep fighting. Don't give up. I can teach her how to tune Gerard out until her body heals so that you can bite her again if you want in the morning. I learned how with Martin this evening when he was lecturing me and demanding that I meet him when I went out looking for you guys." I said laughing a bit.

"I would appreciate that. I hope Nonnie will listen though." Frank said.

"As I said keep trying to invade her dreams. If Gerard succeeds, I am afraid he can start to hurt her in her dreams." I said hugging Frank. "Good luck." I said leaving him.

I grabbed Martin's hand and we walked out to my car. He drove me back to his place. There was silence on the ride there.

Once we arrived, Martin threw me a tshirt of his to wear to sleep in and I went and changed in the bathroom. He had already gone to his room.

I knocked on his door and waited for him to tell me to come in. Then I went and climbed in bed with him and laid on his shoulder. I could tell both of us wanted to speak about tonight but neither of us knew how.

"Martin, I need to tell you something." I began.

"I know but it can wait until morning. You need your rest." He said kissing my forehead.

Were we mad at each other? I wasn't mad at him but I mean was he mad at me I guess I should say? All I want to do is be honest with Martin. I can't lose him out of my life.

"Martin, I love you." I sighed as sleep started to take over.

"I love you too." He said back to me. Then he started to sing to me and I was out.