Dead in the Water

Broken Glass

(Amanda's POV)

Once I fell asleep, my dreams took over. Some were good and others not so good. The same one I have every night started to replay in my head instead of a broken record, a broken movie that plays over and over only this time something was different.

"I will have my revenge." Ian's voice echoed in my dream.

Suddenly, I wasn't in my bed anymore but instead in a mansion. It was creepy looking with dead trees and plants everywhere. I looked around to see myself standing barefoot and in a red dress. I looked up to see a partial glass door that led outside the mansion and into the huge yard.

I opened the door and walked outside. There was broken glass from the door and I stepped over it not feeling any pain. There was an empty pool filled with dirt and grime where it hasn't been used in years.

"Come to me." Ian's voice whispered in the wind.

"Elissa?" I asked aloud. I had to find her before Ian did. This wasn't right. This is not how my dream always began.

Something compelled me to walk back inside the mansion but as I started to the door slammed shut and locked me outside. I looked in as I was fighting with the lock and saw Ian with my sister. "No!" I screamed fighting harder to break the lock or kick the door in.

I watched with horror on my face as Ian took a stake out and staked my sister. She didn't turn to dust but fell to the floor. The door unlocked and I quickly ran inside to her.

"What did you do?" I screamed at Ian as I fell to my knees.

Ian smiled a wicked smile and said, "Soon, my dear. Revenge will be mine. You can't keep her from me and if she doesn't come to me, this will happen." Ian said disappearing.

Tears fell from my eyes. I looked at my sister laying face down on the floor. I went to roll her over but stopped when I noticed she was wearing the same dress as me. When I did roll her over I gasped in horror and shock. It was not Elissa laying lifeless on the floor but me! My blue eyes were staring straight at me.

"No!" I said sitting straight up in bed.