Dead in the Water

Dr. Amanda, Love Doctor

(Amanda's POV)

(Several hours later)

"Well, it is about time." I said jokingly to Pete as I let him in my apartment.

"Hey, you are lucky I am on time this time." He grinned as he hugged me. "Where is Erelin or Martin?" He asked. "You and Martin seemed to be joined at the hip since you two have been together." He replied.

"I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself." I laughed. "He decided to stay home. Can vampires not feel well? I know that sounds weird." I asked.

"Uh, well, I didn't think we could get sick, at least not to my knowledge." Pete said as he sat down on my couch.

"He told me he just wasn't feeling good. He said he just wanted to rest." I said.

"Maybe it is stress. Maybe from all the worrying about you he just wanted to drink some blood packets and heal himself up without you seeing." Pete explained.

"Well, I hope that is all it is. Erelin took off with Brendon. Brendon was going to show her around L.A." I said.

"And you let her do that?" Pete said clinching his fist.

"Pete, don't start this. You have behaved yourself well and I am proud of you but I trust them. Erelin can handle herself and I trust Brendon." I said.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Pete asked changing the subject.

"I called Elissa over tonight. I think it is time that you two work out your problems. I know that you love her after what you told me the other night." I said.

"I can't believe that you would do that! I am not ready to talk to her." Pete said getting up.

"Pete, calm down. If you don't do this, you may lose her for good." I said grabbing his arm before he reached the door.

"You took her side!" He yelled.

"No, Pete. Micah's in town!" I blurted out.

"What?" He asked confused and turning to face me. I took a few steps back away from Pete.

"When you all were at the diner waiting on me and I didn't show, it was because Micah led me to him. I sensed he was there. I saw him. He wants Elissa and is trying to play me, Pete. I know his games. He said he missed me and I knew better. If you don't make up with Elissa and he finds her before you do that, then your fear of permanently losing her will come true." I said.

"Does Martin know?" Pete asked concerned.

"I told him, yes." I said.

"Did you tell Elissa he was back?" Pete asked.

"No. All I got was her machine and I left a message this morning for her to be here in forty-five minutes." I said looking at my watch at the time.

"This is so chaotic." Pete said sitting back down. "Did he make you feel anything towards him again?" Pete asked.

"He knows one spot that can send shivers down my spine. He paralyzed me and I couldn't move. He is only hear because of me." I said looking down.

"What do you mean? It is not your fault he is here." Pete said looking in my eyes.

"Yeah, yes it is. When Martin bit me that morning when I woke up in his apartment, after finding Elissa with Sisky, Micah felt that because any control over me was gone. Naturally because I have moved on he decides to show up because he missed his chance with me and Elissa. Therefore it is my fault." I replied.

"You finding your true love, granted at an odd circumstance is not your fault. Micah needs to get over it. He lost his chance long ago. He sounds like a prick to me." Pete said clinching his fist.

"He used to not be that way. He helped me and Erelin train and help us with our abilities. I probably would be dead right now if he hadn't helped me." I said.

"He used you to get what he wanted and that I don't like." Pete said.

"Maybe he did but I am not holding that against him. Pete, just promise that you will fight for my sister. You two deserve each other. I see it. You complete each other. Before the Sisky mess, she used to gush all the time about how you have some sort of bond. Right now it is cracked but can be repaired. Don't let it break." I said.

The doorbell rang and I looked at Pete.

"She is early." Pete said nervously.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to fight for the woman you love or leave her to someone who in my opinion doesn't deserve her?" I asked Pete as I stood up and walked over to the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I haven't been sleeping well and I don't know what I want to do yet. Should Pete and Elissa get back together or should I hook her up with Micah?