Dead in the Water

I'm Not Okay

I decided to do some slaying alone tonight. Pete and I were taking things slow. In a week, we have managed to see each other three times since we reconciled at Amanda's. It kind of has been sweet because we have gone out on actual dates instead of just slaying. It feels nice.

This time I decided to hang out around where Frank used to live with Mikey. I know there are frequent attacks around in this area and with Frank now living with Nonnie in my old bedroom, well someone needs to check around this area. I don't like the fact that Mikey still lives out here even if he has Ray and Bob with him.

I jumped up on the roofs of some of the buildings and started to track any vampire I could find. So far tonight everything was quiet. I only had three kills.

I started to hear a scuffle by where Mikey lives and hurriedly made my way there. He was fighting off Gerard and three of his men. Where was Bob and Ray and why was Mikey out here alone?

"Let him go scumbag!" I yelled extending a stake from my shirt that i had tucked under my arm sleeve.

"Oh look who it is. It is the slayer wannabe." Gerard growled not letting go of his brother.

"Don't you know who I am?" I said stepping closer into the streetlight.

"Even better. You may be her sister but you are still just a wannbe!" Gerard replied.

I charged at him and was surrounded by his three men. I easily took them down. Mikey was unconcious but I saw no bite marks which meant that he must have passed out from seeing his dead brother for the first time.

"Let him go!" I commanded. "Fight me. You know you want to. You know Ian wants you to bring my ass in." I said.

"Well, here I am. Come and get me!" I snapped.

"Fine!" He said throwing his brother to the ground like he was nothing.

We fought and took each other's blows. I managed to throw Gerard up against a car and almost staked him when he flipped a knife out that I wasn't expecting and stabbed me in my stomach, twisting it in deeper. Then he picked me up by my neck and laughed.

"You are so pathetic. Ian may want you, yes, but I have more important things to take care of right now." He said throwing me into a wall.

I tried to get up but was weak. I was losing too much blood. I saw Gerard laugh and pick up his brother and carry him over his shoulder.

"No. Come back." I whispered as I started to fade into darkness.

"Whoa! Hang on there." A voice said picking me up in his arms before I collapsed.